2024 Rangers/Astros Thread Of Hate

Vic Mackey

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, beer said:

New era of cheaters getting started. Altuve probably helped

LOL, like when Scherzer did it last year? Ronel got 'caught' the same way Max got 'caught' last year and others have been 'caught' since MLB went to this super-precise method of enforcement. Rosin is legal on the pitching hand but not on the glove hand. It's an idiotic rule that's enforced based on the umpire sticking his finger in a glove and judging between not sticky, a little sticky, sticky, stickier, real got damn sticky, and the stickiest I evarrr seen. Very scientific. It was stupid then, and it's stupid now. Fucking MLB brass could fuck up a wet dream.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

LOL, like when Scherzer did it last year? Ronel got 'caught' the same way Max got 'caught' last year and others have been 'caught' since MLB went to this super-precise method of enforcement. Rosin is legal on the pitching hand but not on the glove hand. It's an idiotic rule that's enforced based on the umpire sticking his finger in a glove and judging between not sticky, a little sticky, sticky, stickier, real got damn sticky, and the stickiest I evarrr seen. Very scientific. It was stupid then, and it's stupid now. Fucking MLB brass could fuck up a wet dream.

Sounds like something a cheater would say
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, beer said:

So, it's a stupid rule and your guy does it too.  

Apparently he did have rosin on his glove hand, so he was in violation. Does that make him a 'cheater'? I don't think so. This may be a little subtle for you, but the point is I don't think either of them was trying to 'cheat'. But you're in here talking about the 'new era of cheaters getting started'. If this is 'cheating', then Scherzer is a cheater too. Last night's ejection was almost a carbon copy of Scherzer's. I don't really think Scherzer is a cheater, but maybe you do.

15 hours ago, wood said:

Maybe you should ask Scherzer. He's every bit the 'cheater' Ronel is. 

*Mets Scherzer. So obviously something Verlander taught him to do.

And now Blanco is doing it, hanging around...who again? Ohhh, it's our ol' pal Justin.

Rangers Scherzer is a saint and has not and will not ever do anything to sully the game.

Just facts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe9187q1acjkhxyqp3qigg

You're correct.  I'm a bit ambitious in my timeline.  It has taken the Astros three weeks to make up three games in the standings on y'all.  The Astros are 13-6 during that time while the Rangers are 10-9.  

"Yeah... but y'all played the Rockies...  oh, wait."

Let's revisit this discussion mid-June.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

You're correct.  I'm a bit ambitious in my timeline.  It has taken the Astros three weeks to make up three games in the standings on y'all.  The Astros are 13-6 during that time while the Rangers are 10-9.  

"Yeah... but y'all played the Rockies...  oh, wait."

Let's revisit this discussion mid-June.

And in that 3 weeks the Rangers have lost Nate Eovaldi, Evan Carter, Wyatt Langford, Sborz, Dunning, had further setbacks on Scherzer and Bradford.  So, yeah, let’s check back mid-June.   

Rangers fans giving anyone shit about cheating makes about as much sense as Germany telling Russia to stop being so aggressive to their neighbors.

Arlington was Ground Zero for the entire steroid era, you bumblefucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Rangers fans giving anyone shit about cheating makes about as much sense as Germany telling Russia to stop being so aggressive to their neighbors.

Say it ain't so, Jose!

Nah, c'mon, man. The Astros invented every form of cheating in baseball. Didn't you hear?

14 hours ago, TexArcher said:

You think the "ground zero" for steroid use was in Arlington.

And not Oakland.

See, here's a guy who just knows his baseball and baseball history. You oughta write a book and break this story wide open.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Aren't y'all like fuckin 2 and 17 right now?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Aren't y'all like fuckin 2 and 17 right now?

See, the cool thing about Ranger bandwagon fans is that they don't even actually watch baseball.  They just show up with opinions once every dozen or so years.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

See, the cool thing about Ranger bandwagon fans is that they don't even actually watch baseball.  They just show up with opinions once every dozen or so years.

Pretty much describes the entire Houston fan base in any sport.

On 5/18/2024 at 6:42 AM, gofuckyourself said:

And not Oakland.

See, here's a guy who just knows his baseball and baseball history. You oughta write a book and break this story wide open.

Another area where Houston is underrated.   Astro steroid use was far more advanced than the Rangers

• Like 1

And not Oakland.

a808db0626ed88428b13d3ad76bd0ee5.gif

On 5/18/2024 at 12:01 PM, TexArcher said:

The cool thing about Astros fans is that they elephant walk to their park from whichever aggy infested haven in which they reside.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

The cool thing about Astros fans is that they elephant walk to their park from whichever aggy infested haven in which they reside.  

Everything outside 610 sucks, except the men’s club 

Most of us are preoccupied with the stars and the mavericks. Because we have other teams who are also successful. You're chirping pretty loudly though, you guys must be in first or second place?

• Haha 1

Hey, where'd all the Rangers fans go??
That's weird typical.
You mean like the non-existent Astros and Texans threads when they were terrible?. I believe an entire Texans season thread had less replies than any given Cowboys single game thread. Now look at the threads for both of those teams. And look at Rockets threads now compared to when they made their runs last decade.

Plus, the Mavs and Stars are both in the Western Conference Finals.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

You mean like the non-existent Astros and Texans threads when they were terrible?. I believe an entire Texans season thread had less replies than any given Cowboys single game thread. Now look at the threads for both of those teams. And look at Rockets threads now compared to when they made their runs last decade.

Plus, the Mavs and Stars are both in the Western Conference Finals.

It's not your fault.

17 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Most of us are preoccupied with the stars and the mavericks.

Yeah I'm not a Mavs fan but I've been mostly watching NBA Playoffs and the Stars lately. 

On 5/16/2024 at 10:49 AM, Trey3216 said:

10 games for Blanco

giphy.gif

On 5/16/2024 at 12:41 PM, Guadaloopy said:

Yeah... but the way things have been trending, he'll be back just in time to overtake y'all in the standings.

On 5/16/2024 at 12:48 PM, Trey3216 said:

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe9187q1acjkhxyqp3qigg

Blanco’s back on Sunday.  Just saying.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1