Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

I don't know the demographic makeup of her district, but she's more free to adopt Twitter (like Trump) as a platform where she will strike back at her opponents because I seriously doubt her constituents give much of a shit about her decorum.

43 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

She continues to impress me.  I might not agree with her on every policy idea but the way she handles herself is so refreshing.  

I mean, she is right. Sure, we would l9ve to have a more polished example but it is more important to break the moral void of political candidates.

She's a reminder, like Trump honestly/unfortunately, that we don't have to accept the BS the two parties try to shove down our throat.

Democrats can't seem to figure out there party is susceptible to this. Hence, we have Hillary pushed on the country again and the embarrassing loss to Trump. Yet, few leadership changes at the top 9f Democrats and we are looking at Pelosi again.

• Like 1

My first thought: She's gotta be careful about not turning into a political version of Chrissy Tiegen or whatever her name is with respect to being famous for posting stuff that women who get and post their news from Cosmo will eat up and share and stuff and everyone else just kinda rolls their eyes at.

Then again, after thinking about it. Counter point to myself: Maybe that is the exact route for women gaining power and influence in politics. They've made the Kardashians billionaires, the aforementioned Tiegan famous, Cosmo to be viewed as "real news" and shows like Oprah in the past and Ellen currently, some of the most watched/viewed television in history. Maybe their flavor and language of power is in Buzzfeed reporting "clap back" and "drags" that are tweeted and stuff. It resonates with the BamaHornChicks and the GayMafiaPosters of the world, so maybe it will translate into real currency in 2019.

Please stop trying to act like you know anything about who I am or what makes me tick because I once posted a tweet from Cosmo, you Simple Jack assmunch.

There a many posters on this board that are smarter than me but you are not one of them.

And your stupidity and narrow views are not your biggest flaws. It’s the false civility and “Aw shucks” humility” you cloak your bullshittery in that anyone with a half functioning brain can see through.

Your instinctive response to certain political issues are stances you know will not be met with acceptance by this board, so you put on a faux ignorant persona and nibble around the edges. But sometimes you forget to dress up your bullshit and your dumbassery shines through.

It’s why people call you a troll.

In short, you have no fucking idea what the BamaChicks or the GayMafias (that’s some bullshit leaking through by the way) think.

So shut up.

• Like 10
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Please stop trying to act like you know anything about who I am or what makes me tick because I once posted a tweet from Cosmo, you Simple Jack assmunch.

There a many posters on this board that are smarter than me but you are not one of them.

And your stupidity and narrow views are not your biggest flaws. It’s the false civility and “Aw shucks” humility” you cloak your bullshittery in that anyone with a half functioning brain can see through.

Your instinctive response to certain political issues are stances you know will not be met with acceptance by this board, so you put on a faux ignorant persona and nibble around the edges. But sometimes you forget to dress up your bullshit and your dumbassery shines through.

It’s why people call you a troll.

In short, you have no fucking idea what the BamaChicks or the GayMafias (that’s some bullshit leaking through by the way) think.

So shut up.

MEOW.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

My first thought: She's gotta be careful about not turning into a political version of Chrissy Tiegen or whatever her name is with respect to being famous for posting stuff that women who get and post their news from Cosmo will eat up and share and stuff and everyone else just kinda rolls their eyes at.

Then again, after thinking about it. Counter point to myself: Maybe that is the exact route for women gaining power and influence in politics. They've made the Kardashians billionaires, the aforementioned Tiegan famous, Cosmo to be viewed as "real news" and shows like Oprah in the past and Ellen currently, some of the most watched/viewed television in history. Maybe their flavor and language of power is in Buzzfeed reporting "clap back" and "drags" that are tweeted and stuff. It resonates with the BamaHornChicks and the GayMafiaPosters of the world, so maybe it will translate into real currency in 2019.

Lulz. If Chrissy Tiegen ran for President in 2020 she'd annihilate Trump. I'm not saying she'd be a good President, but the ability to repeatedly emasculate Trump with a couple of sentences would be devastating. AOC is demonstrating similar abilities and pairing it with promotion of real issues that matter to working class people. I don't think she needs to worry about political irrelevancy anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Lulz. If Chrissy Tiegen ran for President in 2020 she'd annihilate Trump. I'm not saying she'd be a good President, but the ability to repeatedly emasculate Trump with a couple of sentences would be devastating. AOC is demonstrating similar abilities and pairing it with promotion of real issues that matter to working class people. I don't think she needs to worry about political irrelevancy anytime soon.

We've already had small hands/small penis in a R debate.

I for one can't wait for small hands/gigantic vagina in a Presidential Debate.  

35 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Like what?

Cosmo? What the fuck kind of reference is that? Is it 1993!?

Have you ever read a Cosmo?

It's like you get dumber as you age.

7 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

BamaChick posted some piping hot takes from a Cosmo twitter account or something once upon a time. It just goes to show that politically active or "woke" or whatever, educated, smart women can have some of their political opinions informed (and confirmed/validated) by such things that your post seems to say are vapid or ancient and out-of-touch with the modern person. 

I don't think Cosmo is ancient, vapid, or out-of-touch. I have no idea what Cosmo is like, and neither do you (because neither of us reads Cosmo).

What I was/am mocking is how ignorant and old your reference is. It's some shit from a bad 1990s comedian for an audience for whom, "women... thinking about stuff!?" is a good-enough punchline.

Also, I have no reason to think Cosmo is any worse politically than any other outlet.

I guess Cortez got her "57 States" gaffe in early.  For the next twenty years we'll hear 1,000,000 times about the time a freshman senator elect was tongue tied and said the wrong thing.  Meanwhile, Trump continues to say stupid embarrassing things and lie every day, embarrassing our country in the process, and not a peep from Palin, Tucker, and their tribe.

Yeah, you’re showing your true self again.

And since I recently posted a picture of myself and am Facebook friends with a few posters from here, you can try again on your detective work.

No Brisket sock here.

Good try, Nancy Drew. Good effort.

I know it’s hard for you to hear that two, real, live people think you’re a small thinking moron with nothing to offer this world. I know it’s easier on your fragile ego to believe we’re one in the same.

But we aren’t.

And please, keep trying that facile argument that calling you “Simple Jack” is somehow equivalent to using a slur for the mentally handicapped.

That’s the kind of weak, small dicked behavior you have a reputation for and it makes my day when you get desperate enough to sink to your natural level.

And I’m not at all embarrassed for linking to a tweet from Cosmo.

It was this tweet.

There’s literally hundreds of dumber posts about Trump on this board posted every week but because it’s from a “women’s magazine” it’s somehow shallow and frivolous, right?

That’s what I’m talking about when I refer to your real character oozing out.

I’ve linked to tweets from CNN, WaPo, NYT, The Hill, The Economist, Buzzfeed, The Daily Beast, ABC, MSNBC, Fox News, WSJ, US Weekly, TMZ, and CBS - some serious news sources, some not.

But somehow it’s only the “women’s magazine” that stood out to you and caught your ire.

Wonder why that is?

2 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

And for the record your Simple Jack line was low and mean towards the differently abled and whether you want to justify it or not own it or whatever is on you, but I'm sad you've stooped so low. Call me names and stupid and whatever, that's fine, but let's leave the disadvantaged out of it.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bf4aceb6c6c2f7763

I'm not feeding the troll here.
But I do want to point out I try to be nothing but civil to you and would never personally attack you or poke fun at anything specific to you. When they go low, we go high. 
And for the record your Simple Jack line was low and mean towards the differently abled and whether you want to justify it or not own it or whatever is on you, but I'm sad you've stooped so low. Call me names and stupid and whatever, that's fine, but let's leave the disadvantaged out of it.

We can’t call you stupid and leave the mentally disabled out of it.

2 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

lol I'm not feeding that troll anymore. Besides, I'm pretty convinced she's a BrisketTexan sock anyways.

That's cool. Rex says he doesn't believe he was ever a Republican. 

I know it's difficult for someone to know that there are other people who don't share your views. 

Beto fucked up by being polite. I am not going to be polite to some people. But, he isn't me. I don't expect civility in the ditch. I would have preferred if he had been willing to let slip the dogs. He can stay above the fray, but don't restrain those willing to get down and dirty. I'll quit being an ornery bastard when they do. As soon as they quit lying, cheating, and ratfucking I will. You know this.

No quarter. 

• Like 1

I was joking. I was aware she posted a pic and people were uncouth and commented on it one way or another. I’d never do that, one way or another.

Its just weird she says I’m a troll because I do try and couch my posts in humility and aw shucks sensibilities because I’d prefer to engage in conversations than name calling bitterness and nothingness. I know my beliefs run counter to this boards majority, so being gracious and less-overtly offensive is a play to be run so as to have a conversation. I’ve rarely if ever personally attacked someone, despite being personally attacked by people who are irritated I have the gall to fundamentally disagree on certain beliefs and values and perspectives.

Even Beto said it’s fine to disagree; we are still Americans and should still be polite.

You. Are. Full. Of. Shit.

And transparent. No one is buying the “I’m above it all and I’m the only being civilized, why is everyone else so crude and coarse?” act.

I’ve read your posts. Would you like me to go hunting and find some examples of exactly how full of shit you are?

And, Mr. I’m Cool Like Beto, answer my question.

I and many other posters have posted tweets from sources WAY more shallow and frivolous than “Cosmopolitan”. Yet, you have repeatedly derided and sneered about “the type of female voter who thinks an article from ‘Cosmo’ is news”.

Why haven’t you called out when male posters have linked to frivolous news sources? Why is it only a “women’s magazine” that repeatedly gets your scorn?

(I know the answers by the way, I just want to see how you spin it. And the reasons aren’t an honest difference of opinion or politics. It’s a flaw in how you see half the population and a character defect.)

And that’s why I don’t buy anything you’re selling. Dressing up a shitty worldview in humble language isn’t interesting to me.

I can respect opposing opinions.

I won’t respect shitty opinions.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tom said:

I guess Cortez got her "57 States" gaffe in early.  For the next twenty years we'll hear 1,000,000 times about the time a freshman senator elect was tongue tied and said the wrong thing.  Meanwhile, Trump continues to say stupid embarrassing things and lie every day, embarrassing our country in the process, and not a peep from Palin, Tucker, and their tribe.

The real mystery is why you give a fuck about what Palin, Tucker or their tribe say.

15 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

The real mystery is why you give a fuck about what Palin, Tucker or their tribe say.

I can’t speak for Tom but for me it’s important to pay attention to what the other tribe, their thought leaders, and agents of influence are saying.  

If we ignore their messages or lack of messaging, we will never understand their perspective or how to appeal to them.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I can’t speak for Tom but for me it’s important to pay attention to what the other tribe, their thought leaders, and agents of influence are saying.  

If we ignore their messages or lack of messaging, we will never understand their perspective or how to appeal to them.

We can't be absolutist about any of this, but Palin and Tucker are entertainers for a mindset.  We need to individually engage with people in that mindset to understand why they think American Needs to be Great Again and how they propose doing it. Palin and Tucker are selling unhealthy food to people with a sweet tooth.  To help people who are a bit overweight, you deal with them directly.  You don't spend your time trying to understand cookie or ice cream marketing.

Guy on a recent podcast talked about unhelpful it was that Michelle Obama made a speech that "America Is Already Great", because it sends the message - fuck you, we have ours, tough shit you aren't happy.  We need to understand and address why some people feel disenfranchised.  We don't need to harp on why they are unreasonable or try to explain to them why Tucker and Palin aren't good for them.  We have to give them alternative so that at some point they don't need Tucker or Palin. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

We can't be absolutist about any of this, but Palin and Tucker are entertainers for a mindset.  We need to individually engage with people in that mindset to understand why they think American Needs to be Great Again and how they propose doing it. Palin and Tucker are selling unhealthy food to people with a sweet tooth.  To help people who are a bit overweight, you deal with them directly.  You don't spend your time trying to understand cookie or ice cream marketing.

Guy on a recent podcast talked about unhelpful it was that Michelle Obama made a speech that "America Is Already Great", because it sends the message - fuck you, we have ours, tough shit you aren't happy.  We need to understand and address why some people feel disenfranchised.  We don't need to harp on why they are unreasonable or try to explain to them why Tucker and Palin aren't good for them.  We have to give them alternative so that at some point they don't need Tucker or Palin. 

It's easier to individually engage and challenge people in that mindset if you have a pretty good idea of what they're going to say in advance. 

For the most part, they parrot the stuff Tucker and Hannity say.  You can crack that critical thinking void by asking the right questions.  

4 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

You can't crack the critical void by telling them how wrong they are to parrot Tucker and Hannity - as if most of them even spend the time to watch either of these guys regularly. 

Way, way way too much time is given to obsession with cable news.  

You don't tell them anything.  You ask questions and listen. Keep asking questions, chisel them down to their core ideology and get them thinking on their own.  You don't even have to bring up cable news or Trump. 

33 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

You can't crack the critical void by telling them how wrong they are to parrot Tucker and Hannity - as if most of them even spend the time to watch either of these guys regularly. 

Way, way way too much time is given to obsession with cable news.  

Yes, the 3 cable news networks combined have ratings similar to a bar rescue marathon 

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

They have theirs too. They are unhappy because brown people are now eating at their table.  There is nothing you can give them to make them happy with it while not fucking over minorities, so fuck them. 

It isn't the impoverished coal miners who are slobbering at Tucker's knob. Its the guy who owns the town gas station, the town grocery, the local saw mill, or oil field services company. 

42 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Sounds like she's playing ball. That didn't take long.

I don't recall AOC ever saying she wasn't going to back her, just that she wants the party to move more left and for the older leadership to eventually be replaced by younger members. The people going against Pelosi are dipshits like the former CIA congresswoman in VA (imagine that, former intelligence agency being conservative). 

5 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

The people going against Pelosi are dipshits like the former CIA congresswoman in VA (imagine that, former intelligence agency being conservative). 

The people going against Pelosi are doing it because they said they were going to do it in their campaigns.  That’s why they flipped those seats.  Pelosi understands this and she’s totally cool with it.  She got the seats and that’s all that matters.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, GSU&UT said:

Did those people only run on an anti-Pelosi agenda and nothing else? I get they're doing it because *C E N T R I S T S* and Pelosi is a boogeyman, but how many of those suburban people really voted because they wanted to oust Pelosi? 

Those people ran the campaigns they needed to win.  I have no idea what really motivates their voters.  

Back to topic...

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

I don't recall AOC ever saying she wasn't going to back her, just that she wants the party to move more left and for the older leadership to eventually be replaced by younger members. The people going against Pelosi are dipshits like the former CIA congresswoman in VA (imagine that, former intelligence agency being conservative). 

Yeah those newly elected officials should just lie to their constituents, and do exactly what they promised they wouldn't do... there, ya...  happy ?

American politics at it's finest.

11 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah those newly elected officials should just lie to their constituents, and do exactly what they promised they wouldn't do... there, ya...  happy ?

American politics at it's finest.

It's almost as if they're playing into the Right's hand by allowing them to dictate the talking points when we all know they would never willing work with Democrats when they held the majority in both chambers.

• Like 1

AOC definitely has a lot of charisma and is easy to like. I think what she is doing in chronicling her experience as a new Representative is brilliant and rather groundbreaking. People that voted for her are getting daily snippets of her being what they wanted - a disruptive, progressive Ms. Smith going to Washington. She made herself even more relatable to the average person by sharing her struggles in affording an apartment in D.C. She is well on her way to being a political rock star and media darling, we’ll see if she can translate that to being a force in the Democratic Party.  My opinion she has a much higher ceiling than Beto on the national stage. Those of us on the right need to quit making fun of her and realize she is a formidable opponent utilizing modern tactics that we are ill equipped to counter. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not to go all Brisket, but you're not going to appeal to them.  They are too far down the rabbit hole.

We are talking about people who talk about how proud they are of the military, brag about winning the Cold War, but then fully support a multiple draft-dodger who shit all over a Vietnam POW and mocked the folks who killed bin Laden, and who appears to be subservient to Russians and Muslims.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez