Scottie Scheffler Detained by Police

Posted (edited)

A shuttle bus struck and killed a pedestrian. Scottie tried to drive past the police officer doing traffic control to get into Valhalla. I guess the cop wasn't letting people go past into Valhalla. The cop "attached" himself to Scottie's car. When Scottie pulled over, the cop detained him. 

Edited by mdmost

Posted (edited)

I can't actually believe this. They're gonna arrest the guy? I have to think those cops will be getting a phone call and letting him out of the car.

Also- this is why if you're someone of that stature you have a driver

Edited by Pam Cummings

I was always under the impression that PGA golfers had chauffeurs to the tournaments, especially a major. Maybe Scottie just likes to drive as he’s a pretty simple guy, but this story is fucking unreal. Night shift traffic cop tries to be a hero for someone driving on the grass. Must be an aggy.
Just write him a fucking ticket. But PGA should have had someone out there getting the golfers in.

• Hook 'Em 1

They aren’t going to arrest him. Cop was trying to avoid more chaos in what was seemingly an already chaotic situation. Sounds like scottie was a dumbass trying to drive around the traffic stop without confirming with the cops about who he was or what he was doing. Cop attempts to stop him, Scottie keeps driving, cop unsurprisingly overreacts to someone not respecting his authority and detains him. Scottie won’t miss his tee time. 

6 minutes ago, heso said:

They aren’t going to arrest him. Cop was trying to avoid more chaos in what was seemingly an already chaotic situation. Sounds like scottie was a dumbass trying to drive around the traffic stop without confirming with the cops about who he was or what he was doing. Cop attempts to stop him, Scottie keeps driving, cop unsurprisingly overreacts to someone not respecting his authority and detains him. Scottie won’t miss his tee time. 

Well I guess I’m a dumbass for not watching those videos before I posted that they aren’t going to arrest him. “Right now he’s going to jail and there’s nothing you can do about it” and “can you tell me the name of the man we just arrested”

15 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I can't actually believe this. They're gonna arrest the guy? I have to think those cops will be getting a phone call and letting him out of the car.

Live shot from the Kennedy folks…

IMG_5712.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

10 minutes ago, mrhorn said:

I was always under the impression that PGA golfers had chauffeurs to the tournaments, especially a major. Maybe Scottie just likes to drive as he’s a pretty simple guy, but this story is fucking unreal. Night shift traffic cop tries to be a hero for someone driving on the grass. Must be an aggy.
Just write him a fucking ticket. But PGA should have had someone out there getting the golfers in.

They all drive themsleves...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

just now showed his mugshot on espy. fuck lpd

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Again...allegedly the golfers, coaches, and caddies were told they can still access the field house and shouldn't have any issues due to the accident that previously occurred. 

Hope those fucks don’t get a major for a while.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I was thinking Valhalla better enjoy this major because it's not returning for a while. A dead patron, the top golfer arrested. Bang up job by LPD. 

Was this the cop?

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCOADEOgC8quKqQ

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Darlington explained the logistics that led to the arrest on Get Up. Based on his description, it sounds like traffic was backed up way past the entrance to Valhalla due to a shuttle van hitting and killing a pedestrian. The road leading into Valhalla appears to be a two lane road with (maybe) a center turn lane. It seems like Scheffler was going to the left around the backed up traffic to make the left into the Valhalla entrance. The officer engaged Scheffler as he was to the left of the traffic, and Scheffler didn’t stop.

I may be wrong on these points but it’s what I interpreted from Darlington’s explanation.

So how do you decide to keep driving for 10 yards while a cop is holding onto your car and you, what, just don’t realize that he’s holding onto your car and shouting for you to stop?

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

When in doubt assume the cop is lying.

That was the description of what happened from Darlington on espn, who was in the line of cars that Scotty tried to drive around.