Demarco Boyd charged with misdemeanor assault, suspended from team activities, has left the team

Machinator

• Machinator changed the title to Demarco Boyd charged with misdemeanor assault, suspended from team activities
4 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

He was with Fosters when his car got rear ended going to Elliott’s party. Got out and whooped up on the driver. At least that’s what I heard about a week ago. They have been working on him turning himself in for about a week I think. They are ahead of the story.  

Man, DeShon's pool party suddenly became the story of the summer

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

He was with Fosters when his car got rear ended going to Elliott’s party. Got out and whooped up on the driver. At least that’s what I heard about a week ago. They have been working on him turning himself in for about a week I think. They are ahead of the story. 
So he was in the car with BJ and Kris? No mention of that before..

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

How would this incident be an indictment on Elliott?  Because they were driving?

8 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Not sure it was an indictment on Elliott exactly but with him being out of the program maybe Herman was concerned about who or what may be hanging around him now? The accident had nothing to do with him as far as I know besides them just being in route. 

My understanding was he was in the car but don’t quote me. As for why it wasn’t mentioned before, I think that’s obvious now.

15 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Let's get it embedded.....

Hmm..... fight following a crash or fender bender?  It's a misdemeanor assault, while not good, isn't like he's out there killing folks.

The first reply to that tweet is great.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SurlyBDR said:

Thank you, I understand they may have been in transit to the party, but I don't understand how this would be some sort of indictment on Elliott.  They could have been going to breakfast or another party or wherever and this could have happened.  How would Herman infer this wouldn't have happened if Elliott wasn't involved?  Just seems weird to tie it around Elliott's neck.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I wouldn't suspend nobody for this.  Bitch rear ends you he had it coming,

he's probably gonna get suspended for a couple games just because 1) Herman has to send a message and 2) Boyd is a backup. So it's not really a loss for a couple games. 

I don't think he's getting kicked off the team for a fight after a traffic accident. But I guess it depends on the details. 

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Thank you, I understand they may have been in transit to the party, but I don't understand how this would be some sort of indictment on Elliott.  They could have been going to breakfast or another party or wherever and this could have happened.  How would Herman infer this wouldn't have happened if Elliott wasn't involved?  Just seems weird to tie it around Elliott's neck.  

Not sure. I could just hear my mom telling me when I was young that if you had listened to me or done what I said you wouldn’t be in this mess. I’m still of the opinion Herman’s words about Elliot were taken out of context or misunderstood by somebody. But we have heard the comments were related to the July 4th party. 

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Spitball guess? 

If you were where you were supposed to be (class, practice) this wouldn't have happened. 

Best off the wall guess I could make. 

• Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I blame the heat.

18 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

My guess is Herman wasn't exactly pleased that some of his current players were involved in an "incident" heading to a party of a former player that checked out before the bowl game.

Nobody knows what Herman said. For all we know Herman just said something like "stay away from these type parties because this shit happens" and Elliott overreacted. 

This certainly gives some context  to the AAS report about the Herman/Elliott beef over that party. Funny that people tried to spin this as "players hate Herman" when it was probably Herman trying to protect current players. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2

• Machinator changed the title to Demarco Boyd charged with misdemeanor assault, suspended from team activities, has left the team