Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

Still trying to figure out what Ohio State people think Herman did that was wrong. He let his wife give money to her friend that was abused by her husband. Maybe she used that money for legal bills. And if you don't want former employees talking about the serial wife abuser on your staff, don't have a serial wife abuser on your staff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Guilty people always go on the offensive. Zack Smith is a scumbag.  I have a friend who played varsity sports at tOSU.  I asked him thoughts.  He made mention of TH helping Courtney and questioned his knowledge of all the facts.  He’s totally behind Urban.  He said there is information coming out that will prove Courtney is crazy and made all this up.

Did you remind your friend of the text message log where he essentially admitted that he's abused her?

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Dude, we've won one national championship since 1970 and two conference titles since 1997. If we didn't have moral high ground to look down on other programs, life on the message boards would be pretty painful. Trust me, we'll go to any lengths to preserve it. High standards are important but in the heat of the moment, we'll be willing to employ delusion too.

Except we don't have a moral high ground. Applewhite, Kearney, and ole Freak Nasty were all handled poorly.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

No way it’s Herman. If he was just now leaking stuff, it’s a shitty move because if he knew then and said nothing but brings it up now it’s not about helping the victim but a shitty self interested motive. The post above makes the most sense, his wife helped her friend with legal bills, someone just found out, and used it to distract and make a big headline somewhere else. Sports bloggers are shit people.

25 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Did you remind your friend of the text message log where he essentially admitted that he's abused her?

Totally.  He grew up with Zack and said he’s a POS.  He doesn’t disagree that he abused her but he truly thinks Urban is innocent because it was his wife who was told and there is no proof that she did.  They are sooooo worried about winning that they truly don’t care about the abuse and the cover up. He was pissy with TH for helping out CS.  He thinks TH knew and did nothing until he lost GW. I asked “If he knew, it would have started with JK Dobbins, Jeffrey Okudah and Baron Browning.”  I got a blank stare. 

The facts are this all happened after TH left. There is nothing to see here but tOSU is looking for a fall guy and that makes sense since one of their HOF’ers Chris Carter always said “make sure you have a fall guy”. 

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

Still trying to figure out what Ohio State people think Herman did that was wrong. He let his wife give money to her friend that was abused by her husband. Maybe she used that money for legal bills. And if you don't want former employees talking about the serial wife abuser on your staff, don't have a serial wife abuser on your staff. 

That seens way too logical. But understand for Buckeye fans, life begins and ends with football. Sure they think beating your wife is bad but not cause enough to make changes to a fucking foorball staff. 

The lashing out at others is part of the emotional process of dealing with what looks like to be the end of the tenure of a great football coach. They are somewhere between denial and anger and far away from acceptance. 

Edited by Newy25

20 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That seens way too logical. But understsnd for Buckeye fans, life begins and ends with football. Sure they think beating your wife is bad but not cause enough to make changes to a fucking foorball staff. 

The lashing out at others is part of the emotional process of dealing with what looks like to be the end of the tenure of a great football coach. They are somewhere between denial and anger and far away from acceptance. 

I don't know of any Buckeye fan who  thinks Zach Smith should have been kept on.  He should have been fired several years ago.

Edited by VABuckeye

18 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

I don't know of any Buckeye fan who doesn't think that Zach Smith should have been fired and fired several years ago.

That's not the issue here. The issue is whether Urban Meyer should be fired for lying about covering up domestic violence.

In his own words, "If you lie, you can never coach again."

https://thespun.com/news/this-old-urban-meyer-quote-about-lying-is-going-viral-today

I highly doubt Herman wants anything to do with the Columbus dumpster fire, let alone start the fire. 

Why? 

Because in 2014, Herman was OC at tOSU - thus the immediate supervisor of WR coach Smith.   Herman didn't leave Columbus for Houston until December 15 of 2014. 

In one of McMurphy's most recent postings, he details text messages throughout 2014 about Smith's "infidelity and continued abuse" of Courtney.  

Herman was there for 2012-2014.  Did he report this stuff to Meyer? Who knows. He is neck deep in it whether he likes it or not. 

• Fuck You 6

I am watching this play out on both the Buckeyeplanet and Surley forums.   Nobody knows how this will turn out.  Zack could be an abusing piece of shit, or Courtney could be a vindictive manipulative piece of shit cheated on spouse liar - or Zack could be an abuser because Courtney is a psycho who brings out the anger after attacking first, and then plays the victim.  Or she could be trying to lie and take down everyone because Zach used her as a punching bag for years and nobody did anything about it because he was a football coach and the grandson of a legendary football coach.

Any proclamations of absolute truth or fact are speculative at this point and homer-ish.    Both sides need to chill and let this one work out.

19 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I am watching this play out on both the Buckeyeplanet and Surley forums.   Nobody knows how this will turn out.  Zack could be an abusing piece of shit, or Courtney could be a vindictive manipulative piece of shit cheated on spouse liar - or Zack could be an abuser because Courtney is a psycho who brings out the anger after attacking first, and then plays the victim.  Or she could be trying to lie and take down everyone because Zach used her as a punching bag for years and nobody did anything about it because he was a football coach and the grandson of a legendary football coach.

Any proclamations of absolute truth or fact are speculative at this point and homer-ish.    Both sides need to chill and let this one work out.

You can't tell a side to chill when the other side is throwing out false accusations in an attempt to deflect responsibility on their part and to potentially undermine another program. The concerns of Zach being an abusive piece of shit go back to 2009 in Florida, and yet Urban decided to make him a part of his new staff at Ohio State. 

36 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

That's not the issue here. The issue is whether Urban Meyer should be fired for lying about covering up domestic violence.

In his own words, "If you lie, you can never coach again."

https://thespun.com/news/this-old-urban-meyer-quote-about-lying-is-going-viral-today

It's not that clear.  Smith was never arrested.  The police were called but chose not to make an arrest.  This, in a day and age where a phone call of abuse and any visible injury at all results in an automatic arrest.  There just seems to be more to this story than meets the eye.

None of it makes sense to me.  Meyer not being truthful.  Arrests never being made.  A mother that backs the abuser.  Courtney Smith going after Urban Meyer when she should be going after her ex and the Powell police department.

27 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

It's not that clear.  Smith was never arrested.  The police were called but chose not to make an arrest.  This, in a day and age where a phone call of abuse and any visible injury at all results in an automatic arrest.  There just seems to be more to this story than meets the eye.

None of it makes sense to me.  Meyer not being truthful.  Arrests never being made.  A mother that backs the abuser.  Courtney Smith going after Urban Meyer when she should be going after her ex and the Powell police department.

Except for the arrests in 2009 and 2018, you may be right that he wasn't arrested.

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

Totally.  He grew up with Zack and said he’s a POS.  He doesn’t disagree that he abused her but he truly thinks Urban is innocent because it was his wife who was told and there is no proof that she did.  They are sooooo worried about winning that they truly don’t care about the abuse and the cover up. He was pissy with TH for helping out CS.  He thinks TH knew and did nothing until he lost GW. I asked “If he knew, it would have started with JK Dobbins, Jeffrey Okudah and Baron Browning.”  I got a blank stare. 

The facts are this all happened after TH left. There is nothing to see here but tOSU is looking for a fall guy and that makes sense since one of their HOF’ers Chris Carter always said “make sure you have a fall guy”. 

So the hermans paid her in 2017 to keep quiet, because TH was going to stir shit up after he lost a WR recruit in 2018?  In that case, he would also know the outcome of doing all these things.  Mensa. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Orangechipper said:

The arrest records are from 2015.   Not 2014.    

The estranged mother of Courtney Smith confirmed to me on Saturday she sent text messages to Zach Smith detailing his repeated abuse against Courtney in 2014.

Tina Carano, Courtney’s mother, explained part of Zach’s abuse in that he “grabbed her around the neck to get away from her.”

Below is a small sample of the text messages I have obtained that were on Carano's devices, that she sent to Zach Smith in 2014, indicating her disgust with Zach about his infidelity and continued abuse of Courtney.

May 26, 2014 text from Carano to Zach Smith
Carano: “U r a scum sucking pig! To lie about my daughter spending your money when u live in strip clubs!! How dare u!!! U will go down! I was the only person giving u the benefit of doubt! That validated what a liar u really are!! How can u sleep at night! Now I know why she goes off on you. She should have left you a long time ago.”

Oct. 26, 2014 text from Carano to Zach Smith
Carano: “Zach just so you know I have done everything to try to keep u two together. After this incident and now another woman u are looking up I have spoke to my attorney and I am financially going to give Courtney the money to file for divorce. U have no respect for her. She deserves better treatment.”

Nov. 4, 2014 text from Carano to Zach Smith
Carano: “Oh zach are u up to something? Why (do you) treat court so bad? U act like this when u are doing wrong! What’s up? Why do (you) keep pushing to loose your wife and kids? I’m giving her the money to file (for divorce) this isn’t fair to her. She deserves someone who loves her and respects her”

Nov. 6, 2014 text from Carano to Zach Smith
Carano: “Really Zach beating court because she found u cheating. She would never hurt herself. Why did u leave then? Because u know (you) will go to jail! U r a f---ing cheater! What is your deal?.”
Zach: “Jesus Christ”
Carano: “U left because u knew she was calling the cops”

• Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, Parliament said:

If he's they guy who's been droppin' dimes to McMurphy, it's a scumbag move, not befitting the HC of an elite university like Texas.  But hardly illegal, or anything like that.  Not sure why you guys are all wrapped up in it.

Who is the coach who recently went from Urbs staff to Harbaugh’s?

I thought he was the alleged whistle blower  early in the story?

42 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

So the hermans paid her in 2017 to keep quiet, because TH was going to stir shit up after he lost a WR recruit in 2018?  In that case, he would also know the outcome of doing all these things.  Mensa. 

Exactly. This is an aggy level of stupid. 

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Anyone still confused that Zach Smith physically assaulted his wife multiple times between 2009-2015 is a fucking retard.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VABuckeye said:

The abuse happened between 2009-2015, a lot has changed in the last 2 years, during a time when Zach couldn't beat Courtney as they no longer lived together.

Mcmurohy reported that there was an arrest in 2015 that Powell police department later changed their report.    

Whether an arrest occurred or not is irrelevant because Courtney alleges that she did report the 2015 events to Urbans wife and others and no university report was done.    And according to title ix that is a requirement no?  

17 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

McMurphy should give zero fucks regardless.  He's independent and likely has his personal assets untouchable and/or protected.  If he worked for ESPN, Fox, or anyone of any scale, he'd have a tougher road to hoe.  His independence has resulted in faster pace to this story.  He's the Perez Hilton of sports sans the crying and ass play.

row to hoe...

or road to ho...

pick one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VABuckeye said:

Z Smith-- accused of domestic violence over a decade

Kevin Wilson-- fired from IU for abusing injured players

greg Schiano-- PSU allegations

DJ Durkin-- on administrative leave for player death

who else?  Seems like some oak wilt on this coaching tree.

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games