Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

We are all pretty sure of the outcome here, UM will be on the field first thing in the morning.  

But damn, wouldn't it 

22 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

we all know what the outcome will be, UM will be on the field again in the morning.  

But wouldn't it be nice for a change if hubris won out and that shitbag employing scumbag ended up fired for not accepting a 2 game suspension?   

All I know is that when they clear Urbie, he better have all of his TPS reports in order because Drake is going to be in his kitchen.

The smart thing to do is to take a bullshit suspension for not following procedure to the T and move on.  That way everyone is on your side. But Urbie ain't smart.

And if Drake gets canned over this, then you better believe the truth is going to come out.

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

the fact that they have to drag this out this long is pretty embarrassing in and of itself

either he did something wrong and you punish him and he accepts it and you accept the "optics" of the punishment you gave or you say he did nothing wrong and accept the "optics" of that

dragging a face to face meeting out 6 hours after after you have had weeks to review things reeks of "urban please accept some punishment, please do not force our hand".....+uh oh he is forcing our hand what are we going to do lets go back and beg him again"......oh wait now he knows we are desperate and he is saying he wants us to say that he did nothing wrong who will we blame"......"oh shit that guy does not want to take the blame and that guy does not want to look like the football coach just made a power play on him why did we not anticipate all of this what do we do"......"lets go beg urban to not force our hand on this and accept some punishment" 

Actually, this is a pretty smart move by Urban, and one only a person in his position could pull.

if they fire him, they would have a hard time proving it was for his direct cause in a dispute, and Meyer would likely win most or all of his remaining contract, be able to get a huge raise from another fisheresque desperate school like LSU or USC if Helton shits the bed, and make it a point to fuck OSU every chance he gets. If he gets them to cave, then he gets more power within the school. Win win for him, even though he is being a dick. He would have a suspension on his permanent record any other way.

Edited by Vertigo

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't understand this.  If they suspend him, is he going to quit?

The problem is the BOR doesn't want to suspend him, only the president. Drake totally holds the pocket Aces right now. If the BOR really does fire Drake and keeps Urban, the Department of Education could pull funding since it's a public school, especially since there is a lot of bad shit going down. The Band director would also kill it in a settlement should Urban get off without any punishment. Not too mention that his wife was also under Title IX reporting duties as well as the ethical duties of being a nurse.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Considering 2 weeks ago many people (myself included) thought he was as good as gone, you would think he would take his 2 game suspension and dance his way offstage.

I think he's flexing, you know let the bitches know they better get in line.

20 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

if they fire him, they would have a hard time proving it was for his direct cause in a dispute, and Meyer would likely win most or all of his remaining contract

I don't think firing him is a likely outcome at this point. The question is what happens when Urban refuses to back down and accept any punishment whatsoever. Either the BoT/Drake cave in and look like complete pushovers or.... Urban quits? If he quits, then I don't think OSU is on the hook for anything.

Since Urban's been gone....

• Ah, ah, I almost forgot DRAKE... I'm also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. We, uhhh, lost some people this week and we sorta need to play catch-up. Mmmmmkay? Thaaaaaanks.
  • ...So, if you could do that, that would be great...
Edited by LTtxfan

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Mary Jo White:

"We ultimately did not determine that he lied at the Big Ten media conference." 

"...He did not remember..." 

"Coach Meyer did not, in our view, deliberately lie."

"Coach Meyer impressed us with his commitment to students blah blah blah"

Edited by clapclapclap