Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

5 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

It's such bullshit that it can be widely known you're considering two routes for the purpose of managing optics, and yet you're still managing optics.

If those are your options and reasons for debating them, the optics should be that you're a morally bankrupt garbage institution, end of story. 

Oh, sorry, you're THE morally bankrupt garbage institution. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It's such bullshit that it can be widely known you're considering two routes for the purpose of managing optics, and yet you're still managing optics.

If those are your options and reasons for debating them, the optics should be that you're a morally bankrupt garbage institution, end of story. 

Oh, sorry, you're THE morally bankrupt garbage institution. 

SC would like you to hold their beer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JMFP said:
14 hours ago, Stella Link said:
"Lack of institutional control" or "Demonstrated failure to exert appropriate institutional control" is one of their favorite penalties.   

Doesn't lack of inst control come after an actual NCAA violation or series of violations though?

Not necessarily.  NCAA can investigate a potential violation and find no real violation occurred, but find there is no "system" or procedure in place for reporting possible violations internally to department heads or administrators.  Many schools were charged with this infraction in the late 90s and early 2000s, so now, most all have these procedures in place.  Some schools even have a "Compliance Officer" on staff to make sure they follow the rules.  That's why you now see schools self-reporting and giving themselves fines so the NCAA doesn't necessarily have to get involved.

2 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

He’s going to get a raise for the “inconvenience” of having to deal with this.

They have a plan to spin him as the good guy and the crazy dude as the victim. Disney can try to control the message, but they can't control the "facts" that will be presented as reasons he just gets a short suspension. 

3 minutes ago, Stella Link said:

Not necessarily.  NCAA can investigate a potential violation and find no real violation occurred, but find there is no "system" or procedure in place for reporting possible violations internally to department heads or administrators.  Many schools were charged with this infraction in the late 90s and early 2000s, so now, most all have these procedures in place.  Some schools even have a "Compliance Officer" on staff to make sure they follow the rules.  That's why you now see schools self-reporting and giving themselves fines so the NCAA doesn't necessarily have to get involved.

But where is the lack of control on reporting NCAA violations?  Or is violations an umbrella term to mean anything unsavory?  I get the NCAA is useless even for things squarely in their control, but I really don't see how this falls to them. 

• Like 1

Like I've said, they can't fire urban without firing a bunch of admin that also knew.  You're asking the top brass at OSU to fire themselves.  Not going to happen.  I doubt he even gets a suspension at this point.  They'll lay out the situation, lay out some internal controls, maybe even hire someone internally for a BS job to watch this stuff closely.  But not a chance in hell there is a hanging today and there might not even be a slap on the wrist.

4 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Like I've said, they can't fire urban without firing a bunch of admin that also knew.  You're asking the top brass at OSU to fire themselves.  Not going to happen.  I doubt he even gets a suspension at this point.  They'll lay out the situation, lay out some internal controls, maybe even hire someone internally for a BS job to watch this stuff closely.  But not a chance in hell there is a hanging today and there might not even be a slap on the wrist.

Time served.

21 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

But where is the lack of control on reporting NCAA violations?  Or is violations an umbrella term to mean anything unsavory?  I get the NCAA is useless even for things squarely in their control, but I really don't see how this falls to them. 

As many have said here, this could be a Title IX violation, even thought it didn't directly involve any students, per se.  We'll find out later today "if" or how this was reported to department heads and administrators.  If nothing is said about how this was reported, tOSU administrators will have a lot of 'splainin' to do. 

16 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

I’ve abandoned any hope for a proper outcome on the Urban shitfest. At least it’ll be over with (maybe?) in time to free up more attention to work on aggy some more before that trail gets cool.

BOMC has a damn good record, but can't be perfect all the time. 

38 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

I’ve abandoned any hope for a proper outcome on the Urban shitfest. At least it’ll be over with (maybe?) in time to free up more attention to work on aggy some more before that trail gets cool.

The admin is just trying to decide what color of lipstick to put on this pig!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

I just can't get over this damn loading dock.  So Urban's wife walks up and the cop slowly lowers down the lift and brings her up?

7 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

I just can't get over this damn loading dock.  So Urban's wife walks up and the cop slowly lowers down the lift and brings her up?

I normally just walk in the front door.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Guess with Shelley showing up, no doubt Urban staying as HC of Ohio St

He will hold a presser & while holding her hand, use strong forceful language spoken in a forced whisper to convey just how serious he is about being against coaches beating their wives.

And then the first question will be, "Corch, any changes to kickoff for the Oregon State game?".

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games