Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

But approaching several guys on an old staff to test the waters is a lot different than "he tried to hire him and Smith turned him down" as it was originally phrased. You have to admit that much, as SizzleChest pointed out.

Agreed.  I don't think Herman simply started calling people on Urbans's staff without clearing it with Urban first.  I think that's a big coaching fraternity No No.    I would guess that urban gave him either a hands off list,  or ok to talk to list - and Herman evaluated through those options.  Sounds like Capt Scumbag was made available and ,  I would guess Herman considered it, then remembered he was Capt Scumbag and moved on.    Maybe the reason Urban is mad at Herman is that he asked Herman to do him a solid and take Smith and Herman said no f'n way - or maybe Urban is simply a Prick.   

Maybe the reason Urban is mad at Herman is that he asked Herman to do him a solid and take Smith and Herman said no f'n way - or maybe Urban is simply a Prick.   

I must have missed something. Why are people saying Urban is mad at Herman? Was there evidence of this or just baseless speculation?

19 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I must have missed something. Why are people saying Urban is mad at Herman? Was there evidence of this or just baseless speculation?

Urban hates Herman because everybody gave Herman a large amount of credit for the 2015 national championship. Urban has since taken multiple shots at Herman since through press conferences and recruits and the latest snooker hit piece, with snoop being urbans mouth piece.

31 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Fair question - some of both I would say:   Actions of both (e.g. Urban's comments about Herman after opening loss press conference,  Herman going out of his way to jump in on recruiting camp that had OSU as lead dog) and pretty heavy direct competition on a few key recruits coupled with lots of speculation mainly based on Urban being unhappy with the credit Herman got for managing three QBs to National championship and perceived lack luster offensive post his departure. 

(Sorry NAS,   you beat me to most of it)

Edited by TheAuditor
OU Sucks
  • Like 1

This is how I imagine the investigation is going behind closed doors

"Ok guys we need to have any and every back door out of this where Urban can still coach here, hundreds of millions of dollars are at stake here so lets drag this out until we find something that can place the blame elsewhere and Urban can remain our coach"

End of the day everything is driven by money and football wins.

39 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

So when Tom Herman made his comment over the weekend along the lines that it was going to take more than “sprinkling some fairy dust” to get things turned around at Texas following their loss to Maryland, Urban shared with CBS that he was a little bothered.

“C’mon man. I don’t know where that came from. It’s like a new generation of excuse. [Herman] said, ‘I can’t rub pixie dust on this thing.’ He got a dose of reality. Maryland just scored 51 points on you.”

55 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Urban hates Herman because everybody gave Herman a large amount of credit for the 2015 national championship. Urban has since taken multiple shots at Herman since through press conferences and recruits and the latest snooker hit piece, with snoop being urbans mouth piece.

Snoop has his mind on his money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alincoln said:

After he was hired at Texas, Herman approached several members of the Ohio State staff he had relationships with.  I was informed at the time by people who would know that Smith was included in this group.  In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have posted anything since I can't support my post by disclosing the sources of the information.

In any event, take it or leave it as you see fit.

In other words you are a lying sack of shit. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

But approaching several guys on an old staff to test the waters is a lot different than "he tried to hire him and Smith turned him down" as it was originally phrased. You have to admit that much, as SizzleChest pointed out.

one can only hope thermensa hiring casey horney & tim beck are the only hires with any other visible connection to problems at other programs.

and per ctj, given alincoln's history on this board, regardless of his IRL reality, the most important thing about alincoln's "hearsay" is that it didn't come to pass.....

..... and i'll add that now that CDC is here, i'm going to venture that our new risk policy is Zero.

22 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

dude has been going high road so far. 

Yeah. And I have no doubt he will this time.  The distaster that Urban will leave behind if he’s fired will speak for itself.  But part of me wants him to nut punch him like KK dust that that fat fucking retard from Arke after their bowl game a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

McMurhpy just said he's not sitting on any more information, but did say if he was Ohio State, he'd be worried that there was more information out there.

That's the bat signal.

Also, at least one Buck site is serving as conduit for some trial balloon action.  Looks like they're using today and tomorrow to test some outcomes against media and public opinion.

http://www.buckeyextra.com/news/20180820/urban-meyer-investigation-ohio-state-trustees-to-meet-wednesday

Edited by SizzleChest

Regarding the "Herman v Urby" kerfluffle, you guys are WAY overthinking it. Neither of those guys cares who may or may not have been the original leak. And so what if Tom was the guy. Truth is good.

The only people who care about a Herman connection are Mr. Snook...and a large share of Surlyhorns.

24 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Regarding the "Herman v Urby" kerfluffle, you guys are WAY overthinking it. Neither of those guys cares who may or may not have been the original leak. And so what if Tom was the guy. Truth is good.

The only people who care about a Herman connection are Mr. Snook...and a large share of Surlyhorns.

This is complete bullshit

• Like 1

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/95435/board-of-trustees-announces-meeting-to-discuss-findings-of-urban-meyer-investigation

Wednesday's hearing will be public and it'll be a media circus. The jorts and jersies crowd will come out in force, to represent our great University.

Trial balloon suggests some kinda wrist slap.45e7c22ccbe28136a2f1edb427bf375e.jpg0b9e42441a850bebede9af4180cd8803.jpg

Per the twitter the Ohio St board is meeting with investigators today to get an oral report on the conclusions/recommendations of the investigation/investigators.  

Sounds very Baylorish.

*Just noticed it was in the screenshots Parliament posted above.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

Aside from what maninblack pointed out, which is bad enough, alincoln's current status shows the potential impact of one bad post as 57 of his neg rep points came from the one post on this thread where he said Herman tried to hire Zack Smith. I certainly never heard about an attempt to hire Smith, and others called it a lie and it went from there.
It's possible that's all that Sydney knows about him and that's what caused the tirade. It's also true that alincoln never came back to own up to his huge mistake on this thread and so he's pretty close to the crowdsource banhammer. He's a decent poster so I hope he isn't banned but I'd also like an explanation of that Smith/Herman post or at least a mea culpa if he realizes he made a mistake.

No one should be banned for that type of stuff. If so, what kind of sick community has this become? Hornfansania? Nazi Germany? In the good old days banning was due to death threats and other exciting content.
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

No one should be banned for that type of stuff. If so, what kind of sick community has this become? Hornfansania? Nazi Germany? In the good old days banning was due to death threats and other exciting content.

The banning reference is because, and someone can correct me if I'm mistaken, this site has an auto ban feature. You get enough bad rep, and you're banned. It's what happened to Oja Rojo or whatever the fuck his name was on this very thread.Not because this site is intolerant. Although we are definitely that. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

The banning reference is because, and someone can correct me if I'm mistaken, this site has an auto ban feature. You get enough bad rep, and you're banned. It's what happened to Oja Rojo or whatever the fuck his name was on this very thread.Not because this site is intolerant. Although we are definitely that. 

Ah sounds like the new rep banning line should be set way lower. Bring back Oja!

30 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Ah sounds like the new rep banning line should be set way lower. Bring back Oja!

Problem is that with football season returning, we're going to see a major uptick in trolls, especially in game threads.

Maybe the crowdsource threshold can be variable based on account age.

25 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Week 3 they have TCU, Week 4 is Tulane and then Week 5 is Pedo State.  If a suspension it will be 2 or 4 games.

Two weeks, with time served. Voila, they fixed the glitch.

Still won't stop the talking heads and some very creative posters and signs from opposing fanbases. 

McMurhpy just said he's not sitting on any more information, but did say if he was Ohio State, he'd be worried that there was more information out there.

Anyone know what tosu’s records retention policy is? Might be some interesting stuff on Smith’s computer?

45 minutes ago, Deej said:

If he survives this, does he have any room for error going forward? How do they slap him on the wrist for anything again? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they'd try, but it seems like they are painting themselves into a corner.

I think you're right.

I'd assume they're betting on this being the only skeleton.

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games