Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

9 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Of course he does.

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You strike me as one of those people that thinks they read people/pickup on body language/tone better than others.  Nothing wrong with that, most adults see themselves that way, as astute observers of others.  But you're missing the point of the story. 

Cruz has a fair point here that is perfectly reasonable, but you're not watching his body language/facial expressions and you're certainly not paying attention to his tone.  There were 100 ways to deliver his response in any number of manners.  And he chose, "Absolutely, unmitigated condescending unlikeable, smarmy douchebag fuckface" when literally almost any other behavior would have been better.  He could have come across like less of a juvenile asshole had he just pointed at the reporter, screamed laughing, and shouted, "Ha, ha, ha.  You're saying words to me!"  

Ted is usually a smarmy douche. In this case, i support his attitude. 

After he says we’ve been immunized it’s fine, the reporter says “It would make us feel better”. 

GTFOH with that. You lack common sense and are looking for validation, so I need to alter my behavior to make you feel better? Especially people that are antagonistic towards me? Ain’t nobody got time for that. 

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

haha no shit. acting like a douche to the working press is checkbox number two after having that r next to theor name. 

puhleeze. Media is 90% antagonistic to Rs while giving Ds tongue baths.

They’re not heroes, they’re doing a basic job and most are borderline Dem operatives. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

You strike me as one of those people that thinks they read people/pickup on body language/tone better than others.  Nothing wrong with that, most adults see themselves that way, as astute observers of others.  But you're missing the point of the story. 

Cruz has a fair point here that is perfectly reasonable, but you're not watching his body language/facial expressions and you're certainly not paying attention to his tone.  There were 100 ways to deliver his response in any number of manners.  And he chose, "Absolutely, unmitigated condescending unlikeable, smarmy douchebag fuckface" when literally almost any other behavior would have been better.  He could have come across like less of a juvenile asshole had he just pointed at the reporter, screamed laughing, and shouted, "Ha, ha, ha.  You're saying words to me!"  

That reporter wasn't worried about jack shit.  Every day, members of Congress speak into a mic without a mask.  They were trying to get a sound bite and Cruz fell right into it like they knew he would.  And he didn't mind because he knew the reporter would look like a jackass to the other side.

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

He’s wrong on saying it’s current cdc guidance, but it is common sense. Reporter is an enormous pussy.

Ted actually scores points here with me. 

Perfect. All of us are vaccinated so we will do what we want. If you’re not vaccinated gtfo

7 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I thought the current cdc guidelines were to keep wearing a mask when in public even if you had been immunized, especially when indoors and when within 6 feet of people.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you're not

you aren't. 

especially with all the variants swirling around, there is uncertainty if fully immunized people (like me, got my second pfizer yersterday! woohoo), can still be asymptomatic for variants and be capable of spreading those to unvaccinated, so we should keep wearing masks.

but it's okay, because ted cruz being a douche to a reporter is more important to @GRHorn than positive public health messaging from our fucking leadership.

• Hook 'Em 2

so I need to alter my behavior to make you feel better

No he needs to alter his behavior because he could be an asymptomatic carrier and infect an unvaccinated reporter, who could literally die from it or spread it to others who could die from it

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

That reporter wasn't worried about jack shit.  Every day, members of Congress speak into a mic without a mask.  They were trying to get a sound bite and Cruz fell right into it like they knew he would.  And he didn't mind because he knew the reporter would look like a jackass to the other side.

Don’t take this the wrong way but go fuck yourself

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I thought the current cdc guidelines were to keep wearing a mask when in public even if you had been immunized, especially when indoors and when within 6 feet of people.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What rules is Jen psaki following?

• Fuck You 2

Ted is usually a smarmy douche. In this case, i support his attitude. 

After he says we’ve been immunized it’s fine, the reporter says “It would make us feel better”. 

GTFOH with that. You lack common sense and are looking for validation, so I need to alter my behavior to make you feel better? Especially people that are antagonistic towards me? Ain’t nobody got time for that. 

puhleeze. Media is 90% antagonistic to Rs while giving Ds tongue baths.

They’re not heroes, they’re doing a basic job and most are borderline Dem operatives. 

Maybe if Rs weren't such uniformly insufferable lying dickwads, it might be different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I posted this elsewhere, but I tuned into the local news by accident looking for weather reports (got the streaming version of the 6 oclock news).

I saw that Felito is going on an expedition to inspect border detention facilities for minors.  He was very exercised about it and was inviting the media to come with him.

Like this was some new humanitarian atrocity perpetrated by the Biden Administration.

So now you give a fuck, Ted?  Fuck you.

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

What rules is Jen psaki following?

When you find a clip of her standing in the middle of a crowded passageway without a mask and then blatantly lying about CDC guidelines, and telling the person asking her to mask up to leave if they’re not vaccinated then I imagine we will be calling her a selfish cunt. You have a link?

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

When you find a clip of her standing in the middle of a crowded passageway without a mask and then blatantly lying about CDC guidelines, and telling the person asking her to mask up to leave if they’re not vaccinated then I imagine we will be calling her a selfish cunt. You have a link?

The last press briefing that I viewed, she was masked until arriving at the podium and then masked upon departing. The reporters in the room along with extra personnel were all masked. I do not know if attendees are still being tested prior to entry however.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The last press briefing that I viewed, she was masked until arriving at the podium and then masked upon departing. The reporters in the room along with extra personnel were all masked. I do not know if attendees are still being tested prior to entry however.

Exactly. And the podium is set up well away from the attendees. Dickless decided to have a photo op out in the hall and doesn’t give a fuck about anyone but himself. Which we already know

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Exactly. And the podium is set up well away from the attendees. Dickless decided to have a photo op out in the hall and doesn’t give a fuck about anyone but himself. Which we already know

The thread title is not and probably should not ever be in question.

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

She’s speaking without a mask, indoors, more than 6 feet from reporters. Like Ted. 

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

He’s wrong on saying it’s current cdc guidance, but it is common sense. Reporter is an enormous pussy.

Ted actually scores points here with me. 

Which parts got him some points for you? Being a whiny douchebag or the “owning of the Libs” part?  Both? 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Cruz has a fair point here that is perfectly reasonable

No he doesn’t. Unless everyone in that room is fully vaccinated. Setting up outside and asking people to step back a bit would have been reasonable as well

What's the difference?  Schumer not even wearing one as he walks in.  Neither wearing it while speaking side by side.  Look at how close the photographers are.  I'd assume the reporters are no further away than they are with Cruz.  And neither had been vaccinated.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Which parts got him some points for you? Being a whiny douchebag or the “owning of the Libs” part?  Both? 

And shouldn't Ted, or any Republican for that matter, "score points" by being an effective legislator and advocate for his/her constituency?

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

And shouldn't Ted, or any Republican for that matter, "score points" by being an effective legislator and advocate for his/her constituency?

One would think but they don’t care about any of that now. The have no platform. Let me repeat, the Republican Party has no platform whatsoever. That’s not even in dispute. 

Its all about posting troll gifs and memes and owning the Libs. It’s childlike and pathetic. GRUHorn is just being honest about what’s important to his fake internet persona. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The reporter. The one off screen. 

Well since they are offscreen there is no way to know how far away he is. The clip doesn’t showing him walk up, but there is no indication he had a mask on then either. And the offscreen person didn’t ask him to put the mask back on

6 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

What's the difference?  Schumer not even wearing one as he walks in.  Neither wearing it while speaking side by side.  Look at how close the photographers are.  I'd assume the reporters are no further away than they are with Cruz.  And neither had been vaccinated.

Don I’m going to have to ask you to stop making sense. 

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The reporter is more the whiny douchebag. 

The points are scored when you use common sense to point out the nonsense and theatrics of one of our journalist heroes. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Yeah that’s stupid all around. What do you think their response would be if asked to put their mask up?

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Well since they are offscreen there is no way to know how far away he is. The clip doesn’t showing him walk up, but there is no indication he had a mask on then either. And the offscreen person didn’t ask him to put the mask back on

They’re well over an arms length away at minimum. We know that. 

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Yeah that’s stupid all around. What do you think their response would be if asked to put their mask up?

We know how Nance handles the press if they bother to challenge her. She tells them to stfu. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

1.  They wouldn't be asked to.  2.  They would probably come up with an excuse as to why its ok.

I doubt they would flat out lie about the cdc guidelines. And if they did I would say exactly what I’m saying. Fuck that lying cowardly fat piece of shit

• Hook 'Em 1

Go off on masks by all means, but this is an attempt to deflect from over 500 children 'lost' from their parents, that forcible sterilizations were performed, that children died in the custody of officials, and that Trump shrugged and golfed when a migrant father drowned along with his daughter. The laughable attempt to feign outrage by Cruz to deplore conditions at ICE facilities when he couldn't even be bothered to care about Texas citizens freezing to death is just shitastic behavior in a long legacy of shitastic behavior.

Fifteen senators traveling down there for a junket that is totally contrived and in no way are they attempting to be helpful. What they are witnessing is an attempt to clean up the mess that has existed for over a decade and was made worse under the previous administration and exacerbated by a pandemic. My lord, I thought the whole policy regarding 'wet foot dry foot' was tragedy enough, but I am heartsick at the callousness of officials acting in bad faith.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I doubt they would flat out lie about the cdc guidelines. And if they did I would say exactly what I’m saying. Fuck that lying cowardly fat piece of shit

You doubt they would?  Pelosi got caught not wearing one (the salon) and flat out lied about it and tried to blame the salon for giving her bad info on the law.  Just as I said she came up with an excuse.

The reporter wanted to make a big deal out of it, so it became a big deal.  IMO, they would've never done that to someone like Pelosi.  Cruz is Cruz and fell right into it.