High

nivek3

y'all may or may not know I invested in a CBD brand. It's highly focused on wellness, so almost all of our products are THC free or nearly non-detectable (topical pain relief being some of our most popular products). However we did decide that part of wellness includes the alcohol alternative THC related products. So we just launched our gummy product. It's a smooth, no groggy after effects experience. It's not a sledgehammer at all. My business partner has formulated a killer combo of our kick ass hemp oil (best out there I'm certain) + high quality THC in a 5:1 (25mg CBD* / 5mg THC) gummy. He's added a B12 complex and L-Theanine to help with the post-experience energy. He's ridiculously talented formulator. I'm super, super picky and I love this product. no paranoia, no anxiety, in fact the exact opposite for us. I woke up feeling optimistic about life and the weekend after a deep breath and a great friday night at home. YMMV but I love it.

We offer 2-packs and so that would be a 10mg experience. 1 is enough for me though.  we have 20 count jars too.

first 20 to message me and I'll share the brand and send you a free sample. no strings attached, just like you all like your women.

All I'd ask is you try it and let me know your thoughts.

*CBD and other cannabinoids.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 9:08 AM, thunderlounge said:

Hometown Hero seems to have their shit together.

Best I can advise is to do your homework. If it’s something obscure from a gas station, you may want to pass. 

I’m not saying there aren’t some legit companies out there, but buyer beware. I’d hate for someone to get hurt with a “product” they’re consuming on good faith. 

I ordered some of these and they seem to get me as high as the edibles from dispensaries in legal states, if not more. I've had a lot from dispensaries and a lot now from the hemp derived, under .3 THC or whatever they do and I don't understand it. But I like these a lot. 

Screenshot_2024-02-12-13-30-09-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.4e5b7729da37680ed74b79d1c4a663aa.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

I ordered some of these and they seem to get me as high as the edibles from dispensaries in legal states, if not more

Weird how the same psychoactive molecule has the same effect on you even when you’re in different states.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

I ordered some of these and they seem to get me as high as the edibles from dispensaries in legal states, if not more. I've had a lot from dispensaries and a lot now from the hemp derived, under .3 THC or whatever they do and I don't understand it. But I like these a lot. 

Screenshot_2024-02-12-13-30-09-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.4e5b7729da37680ed74b79d1c4a663aa.jpg

Yep, i like these. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/29/2023 at 7:27 PM, Foosters said:

I'm with you on your first paragraph. That lead me to buy a dry herb vaporizer which I use far more than the oil pens now. Yes, it's more of a hassle (but not much) and requires cleaning every 8-10 sessions or so, but I'm really enjoying it. Fun to browse flower and try different types, and I'm saving money when compared to exclusively using oil carts.

I bought the below about a year ago and would highly recommend. It's a budget device, and my understanding is that there are far superior devices out there, but I've got no complaints here. I smoke it inside the house and don't think it's any worse than the pens when it comes to smell/odor. 

https://420vapezone.com/xmax-v3-pro-review/

I try to stick to the dry herb vape and edibles now, although the ease and convenience of the pen still has me still occasionally buying them just to have, and for travel, concerts, etc.

dry herb vaping is what I do as well. I know we don’t have the exact science, but it seems better then smoking what might be in the “yellow vials” and logically better then combustion. 

At this point I have tried most of the popular portable vapes and the Xmas V3 is a great starter vape, and the price point is great. I really like using the dosage caps, makes clean up much easier.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I bought a pack of these, mostly to get free shipping, assuming that they would just be some sort of D8... But holy shit, I ate four of them and turned into a potato for several hours.  

image.png.ec9345c22dd72ca03b7a30ad558b35af.png

image.png.6fc75bb56836b65727c740f68b084afa.png

What is the psychoactive ingredient in those? The manufacturer claims they do not include any THC, psilocybin, or even CBD. 

High! So, way late to the THCA legal loophole discussion as I've been smoking flower I get when I go to Colorado and just haven't paid attention. However, would love to find some reputable places here in (South) Austin to purchase flower and gummies. Any recs by you fine Surly smokers? Are there online shops that I should check out instead? Much appreciated. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

High! So, way late to the THCA legal loophole discussion as I've been smoking flower I get when I go to Colorado and just haven't paid attention. However, would love to find some reputable places here in (South) Austin to purchase flower and gummies. Any recs by you fine Surly smokers? Are there online shops that I should check out instead? Much appreciated. 

Hometown Hero is a local company. I order online and usually have it the next day. You can find their stuff in a lot of convenience stores but I usually order online because they have a better selection. Big fan of their 10mg full spectrum gummies. 10 mg thc, 10mg cbd.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/27/2024 at 5:37 PM, BrickHorn said:

What is the psychoactive ingredient in those? The manufacturer claims they do not include any THC, psilocybin, or even CBD. 

I cant speak to that particular brand, but I think the active ingredient in a lot of these "legal" mushroom gummies I see online is : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

I'm usually good for one mushroom experience about every 5 years, so I've considered buying some of these in the past, but always decided against it as it seems kind of sketchy. I noticed Hometown Hero has their own offering: https://hometownhero.com/c/mushrooms/

Has anybody given these a try? I found this article https://www.acslab.com/mushrooms/amanita-muscaria-vs-psychedelic-mushrooms , which seems to indicate the  high might not be as visually hallucinogenic as good ole psilocybin, which is really the point, for me anyway. This blurb caught my eye:

Amanita muscaria mushrooms don’t contain psilocybin or psilocin. Instead, the primary active ingredients are muscimol, ibotenic acid, and muscarine. Muscimol and ibotenic acid are the primary compounds responsible for Amanita muscaria’s psychoactive effects. 

Muscimol is a central nervous system depressant that may engage GABAa receptors to deliver sedative-hypnotic, depressant, and hallucinogenic psychoactivity. It is A. muscaria's most potent psychoactive agent and ten times stronger than ibotenic acid. Read our blog on Amanita Muscaria for more details.

Ibotenic acid interacts with glutamate receptors, making it more stimulating and energizing. When mushrooms contain more ibotenic acid than muscimol, users typically report confusion, agitation, and euphoria. 

Muscarine exists in trace quantities (0.02% dry weight) and is the weakest psychoactive compound in this spotted species. Still, this minor alkaloid acts on muscarinic acetylcholine receptors in the parasympathetic nervous system to produce notable effects, including salivation and sweating. Muscarine is also linked to sexual arousal, crying, urination, digestion, and defecation.

Sounds like  a full evening on tap. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My review of edibles based on legal locations:

• Canada: Eh!
  • Portland: Hits different but maybe not just weed in these edibles!
  • Seattle: Good experience
  • SF: Mixed bag depending on store. Very wide variety
  • LA: Why is every dosage 100mg?! Overkill on THC levels
  • Denver: Good

Shocked at the variability in experience but just maybe local brands are very different.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/3/2024 at 4:42 PM, wackawacka said:

• Canada: Eh!
  • Portland: Hits different but maybe not just weed in these edibles!
  • Seattle: Good experience
  • SF: Mixed bag depending on store. Very wide variety

Shocked at the variability in experience but just maybe local brands are very different.

Portland weed is something else. Like a peaty scotch, it just has a certain flavor to it. Not bad, just different

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/3/2024 at 4:42 PM, wackawacka said:

100 mg is the entire package, usually 10 mg each package of 10

I'm a big fan of Wylde brand, their peach 2 to 1 cbd-thc has been a godsend for my anxiety. I get minimal "buzz" from the thc but its super relaxing to me, best I can explain is that relaxed feeling you get after an hour long massage is how they make me feel. I eat 1 or 2 a day almost every day.

The boysenberry thc/cbd/cbn are great if you need help sleeping, their regular sativas/indicas and hybrids are great too

20240304_191511.jpg

14 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

There are 100mg singles in the dispensaries here, but they sure are proud of them.

hmm interesting I rarely browse edibles as I pretty much know what I like, I'll need to see if my place carries them

• Hook 'Em 1

100 mg is the entire package, usually 10 mg each package of 10
I'm a big fan of Wylde brand, their peach 2 to 1 cbd-thc has been a godsend for my anxiety. I get minimal "buzz" from the thc but its super relaxing to me, best I can explain is that relaxed feeling you get after an hour long massage is how they make me feel. I eat 1 or 2 a day almost every day.
The boysenberry thc/cbd/cbn are great if you need help sleeping, their regular sativas/indicas and hybrids are great too
20240304_191511.thumb.jpg.f998c8a16c018666201960a865ae4766.jpg
This is me, I use the 2-1 and they are perfect for what I need and to sleep.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Based on some reddit recommendations I gave Black Tie CBD a try to test their flower and the process.  Ordered it last week,  delivered in a couple days,  and was packed great.  Threw some Gary Payton in the grinder and straight to the Mighty+. A damn fine smoke.  My mind is blown that this is all legal in this state. 

QR directs you to the analysis

20240306_164537.jpg

20240306_164648.jpg

Screenshot_20240306_171802_Adobe Fill & Sign.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

Is the amount of THC relatively evenly distributed throughout a single commercially produced gummy? 

My main question is whether it is more or less reliable to cut 10mg gummies in half to get two 5mg gummies (assuming that you do a good job cutting them)?

Or is it possible/likely that you'll just as easily end up with one 2mg and one 8mg, or one 7mg and one 3mg, etc.? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Is the amount of THC relatively evenly distributed throughout a single commercially produced gummy? 

My main question is whether it is more or less reliable to cut 10mg gummies in half to get two 5mg gummies (assuming that you do a good job cutting them)?

Or is it possible/likely that you'll just as easily end up with one 2mg and one 8mg, or one 7mg and one 3mg, etc.? 

It should be pretty evenly distributed throughout each individual piece. So I would guess it’ll be pretty close.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Walking into a nice restaurant feeling like your brain is upside down and knowing that there's a delicious meal coming very soon is an experience not to be missed! 
I'm with you on this. Get high, then smash food. Even better if I've not eaten all day then the high and food are better.
  • Hook 'Em 1