2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

91-54.

51-22 on the road.  .698 win %.  not sure what record we're chasing here, but there has to be one.

last year at this time we were 87-58 and about to start a six game winning streak.

to match last year's record, we need to go 10-7.  very doable.  if we do that, oakland needs to go 13-4 to tie us.

34 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

We need all of these. I’d rather have the A’s remaining schedule over ours. 

A’s have three more away games than the Astros have.  Their opponents have a higher combined winning percentage than the Astros.

Granted, Astros have played better on the road this year, but objectively, the Astros have the easier remaining schedule.  The “good” teams left on the Astros’ schedule are the D-Backs and Mariners who are both leaking oil in the last month of the season.  

Rays will take at least 2 of 3 from the A’s this weekend.  

38 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

91-54.

51-22 on the road.  .698 win %.  not sure what record we're chasing here, but there has to be one.

last year at this time we were 87-58 and about to start a six game winning streak.

to match last year's record, we need to go 10-7.  very doable.  if we do that, oakland needs to go 13-4 to tie us.

Bottom line is that the Astros' magic number to clinch is 15.

marwin is in a very interesting contract situation.  he makes just over $5mm this year, and can almost certainly get more somewhere else in the offseason.  also, a big part of what our quant dept handles is player value for contracts, so i seriously doubt the number they spit out is going to be very competitive.  especially considering marwin's value is a little harder to quantify, since he's not a traditional "counting stats" type of guy, and his positional flexibility is so unique.

i'd like to see him stay, but he's going to have to really want to, and he'll definitely leave money on the table if he does.  i'm assuming he'll be going after zobrist money, and no way we go for that.

he's 29 years old.  if he signs somewhere else to play every day, does anyone see him turning into a productive everyday player?  i'm not sure i do.

No that guy is a season ticket holder that goes to like every game (home and away because i saw him at Coors earlier in the year and he was in Boston too) and normally wears that suit. Or at least the pants with a "Bregman Bunch" shirt. Jshep knows him i think.

This guy was an older asian that I've never seen before lol