2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

I’m done with Jake, and Gattis in dh. Call up the kid, wtf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16-8.

It’s painful to watch gattis/ jake/fisher right now but wait until after super 2 if they still haven’t figured it out in a month.
Yanks, Dodgers, etc already calling up their best prospects. There’s a reason we’re better than them

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I hate sounding like a whiner, but good grief, Gattis has a sub .600 OPS for his career when playing DH. He's great when catching or even playing somewhere (gulp) in the OF. McCann's splits don't change much when he's a DH. I'd like to see them swap positions occasionally. 

Separately, Marisnick is playing way too much. Give me Reddick and his sub-.700 career OPS against lefties vs. Marisnick against anyone. 

Both of these fucks were worthless tonight. Gattis is 31 and in high parabolic decline. Marisnick never had an ascension. Both dead spots will continue to hurt this team. Fucking worthless, both of them. 

That's the bathroom after Dollar Dog night...right?

Wait, is that a condom in the air to the right of the flak by Ole Glory?

Edited by slorch

I feel CFM may be off a bit but bats will rise to the occasion.
We'll win an 8-7 type game where Altuve steps up late with a clutch hit (HR finally?) and both starters are an afterthought when all is said and done
How many warning track flyouts to right field has Altuve had in the last week? It is time for one of them to go over the fence

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can't go to tomorrows 1:10pm afternoon game.    2 tickets section 129  row 18.   First come first serve -   PM me - assuming we can still do that here.

You will have to download the MLB Ballpark app so i can transfer tickets.

Edit: if it wasn't obvious - fo free.

Edited by Mr. Drummond
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

I feel CFM may be off a bit but bats will rise to the occasion.
We'll win an 8-7 type game where Altuve steps up late with a clutch hit (HR finally?) and both starters are an afterthought when all is said and done

we're not playing the white sox - you think we score that many runs in a game?

37 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Can't go to tomorrows 1:10pm afternoon game.    2 tickets section 129  row 18.   First come first serve -   PM me - assuming we can still do that here.

You will have to download the MLB Ballpark app so i can transfer tickets.

Edit: if it wasn't obvious - fo free.

Tickets are gone.

59 minutes ago, Spoosner said:

Has Marwin always sucked this hard against breaking balls and sliders?  That and fastballs nowhere near the strike zone would be all he'd getting from me these days.

Thought I heard it during the first Rangers series broadcast that Gonzalez faced the fewest amount of fastballs of any Astro last year.

Might be misremembering...