Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Is this your Lamborghini owner humblebrag?

Whuh?  That don't make no sense /johnturturo  I've never owned an Italian car but if I did, how would insulting the engineering behind my very expensive car be a humblebrag?  Wouldn't it be more of a commentary of my lack of consumer prowess? 

It just checks out to me that Italians would coat a tall building in one of the most flammable materials they could find.  

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Gee, a failure by Italian Engineering.  Wow, did not see that coming.  

There is a reason nothing in your home or business is labeled, "Italian Engineered" on the back.  

30cCuI1.gif&f=1&nofb=1

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 2

Sure, but their "peak" was 1700 years ago using mainly conscripted labor and intellectual talent from (modern day) England, Germany, Spain, and Greece.  

The Qing dynasty of China was an engineering marvel in the 17th & 18th centuries. 

The Portuguese Navy was once the most formidable sea-faring fleet the world had ever known.  

I suspect there wouldn't be a long line in 2021 to board a Lisbon freighter with a tag on the side that said, "Engineered in Italy, Made in China"  

Now San Marino, those guys can build! 

17 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Have a place south of Luling and see those blades crossing the tracks most every Sunday on our way back to Austin.  Never seen one making the turn from 183.  They usually take Hwy 80 from I-10 and have a straight shot across the tracks.

Yeah, I realized I do that from one of the old sites where you had to type 4 characters and couldn't delete the post.  So it was some mash-up of "Nevermind, No Message."  I just do it out of habit.  I wish there was a full-on delete version but......

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I realized I do that from one of the old sites where you had to type 4 characters and couldn't delete the post.  So it was some mash-up of "Nevermind, No Message."  I just do it out of habit.  I wish there was a full-on delete version but......

15 hours ago, mchookem said:

Orcas are assholes.

Because they eat dolphins? Are dolphins aholes because they eat smaller fish? Are those smaller fish aholes because they eat algae, a single-cell organism? Where does the ahole line start?

Just now, mchookem said:

orcas are assholes bc they don't just attack and kill to eat. they also play/torture/kill for apparent amusement. they play 'catch' with seals and just leave them battered/dying. probably related to their intelligence.

Sounds a lot like a Baylor athlete. 

orcas are assholes bc they don't just attack and kill to eat. they also play/torture/kill for apparent amusement. they play 'catch' with seals and just leave them battered/dying. probably related to their intelligence.

Got to see a couple of orcas play catch with a seal when we did a whale tour out of Victoria BC. It was disgustingly awesome.
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mchookem said:

I mean, what else is an orca supposed to play catch with? It's not like there is an abundance of giant footballs floating around.

12 hours ago, nnm said:

Because they eat dolphins? Are dolphins aholes because they eat smaller fish? Are those smaller fish aholes because they eat algae, a single-cell organism? Where does the ahole line start?

Edited by ROFL BOX
Shit. Smuggs got there ahead of me.