Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

So is the committee still voting tomorrow? Full floor vote for when...sunday? 
Even though Im not the biggest fan of his.......I think having a scorned and vindictive righty on the court for the next 25 years will be fucking awesome. 
The dems should wrap RBG in some kind of nerf material for the next 2 years. 
I still think Dr. Ford should file charges in MD though...even though it would make this more of a circus. 

Just technically speaking: does she have enough for a warrant? I wouldn’t think so. No specific date, time, or location and no one to corroborate her story.

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s basically up to Collins, Murkowsky, and maybe Flake or Corker.

Collins: gutless coward who will fall in line.

Murkowski: gutless coward who will fall in line.

Flake: gutless coward who will fall in line.

Corker: gutless coward who will fall in line.

Whoever else you might be thinking of: gutless coward who will fall in line.

Y'all don't understand how authoritarian cults work, do you?  The GOP is owned lock stock and barrel by its absolutely deranged and rage-filled base.  They have to keep feeding that beast, or die.  It may not be a good long-term path for them.  But it's the only short-term path that keeps them in power.  And power today is all that matters.  If we have to destroy our institutions in order to hold onto it just a bit longer, then so be it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

All Ford can remember is the laughter. Think about that.

This is just totally false. She said the laughter was the thing that stuck in her memory. After she detailed the layout of the house, the way they trudged down the stairs noisily afterward, being in the bathroom, etc. This is a false statement.

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

You're lying. 

Oh, you mean the guy who thinks 9/11 was an inside job, democrats run secret child sex slave parties in pizza parlors, and Donald Trump was elected to sweep the pedophiles out of power, may not have a grasp on the facts.

Knock me over with a feather.

• Like 2

Hey I’m fine with it and maybe you’re right. Just not quite convinced on that yet.

Sometimes you lose a battle to win the war. Hillary losing was actually a good example of that, despite the suffering we are all ongoing because of it. Her winning could have been far more catastrophic for this country than trump even winning, as hard as that is to believe. 

Just so long as you are starting to get that there is no "win" on the table.  None.  We have lost.  Completely, and totally, and irreparably.  When the wings come off the plane, you do everything you can, you try the rudder, you hope against hope.  And hey, I'm there -- let's pull back on the stick!  Let's try to throttle up!  But understand, I looked back there.  The wings are gone. It's over.  The crash is inevitable.  And we've done it to ourselves.

Right, you're a liar.   As that video shows, she was not stating that was all she could remember.   She testified to many other things she remembered, and even summarized all of the things she remembered to Klobuchar:

KLOBUCHAR: But I don’t exactly remember the date. I don’t exactly remember the time. I sometimes may not even remember the exact place where it occurred, but I remember the interaction.

And many people are focused today on what you’re not able to remember about that night. I actually think you remember a lot. I’m going to phrase it a little differently: can you tell us what you don’t forget about that night?

FORD: The stairwell, the living room, the bedroom, the bed on the right side of the room as you walk into the room. There was a bed to the right. The bathroom in close proximity, the laughter, the uproarious laughter, and the multiple attempts to escape and the final ability to do so.

5 minutes ago, longhornsftmfw said:

This is just totally false. She said the laughter was the thing that stuck in her memory. After she detailed the layout of the house, the way they trudged down the stairs noisily afterward, being in the bathroom, etc. This is a false statement.

It's Dolemite.  

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Just so long as you are starting to get that there is no "win" on the table.  None.  We have lost.  Completely, and totally, and irreparably.  When the wings come off the plane, you do everything you can, you try the rudder, you hope against hope.  And hey, I'm there -- let's pull back on the stick!  Let's try to throttle up!  But understand, I looked back there.  The wings are gone. It's over.  The crash is inevitable.  And we've done it to ourselves.

Yeah even if by some miracle there are enough R's to vote no we'll still have another Trump appointee coming down the chute.

Yeah.  I honestly don't even know what to say to the women in my life.  They're watching the governing body of this country tell them that, well, they don't matter.  At all.  Not even a little bit.  An all-male GOP majority of the committee is going to unanimously approve this man for the SCOTUS.  They have worked to relentlessly attack a credible victim.  They have ignored all other evidence of victims.  They have refused to conduct a full investigation (hmm, never heard from Judge).

I can't imagine how all the women I know are going to be anything but white-hot pissed off.  And I can't blame them a bit.

• Like 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.  I honestly don't even know what to say to the women in my life.  They're watching the governing body of this country tell them that, well, they don't matter.  At all.  Not even a little bit.  An all-male GOP majority of the committee is going to unanimously approve this man for the SCOTUS.  They have worked to relentlessly attack a credible victim.  They have ignored all other evidence of victims.  They have refused to conduct a full investigation (hmm, never heard from Judge).

I can't imagine how all the women I know are going to be anything but white-hot pissed off.  And I can't blame them a bit.

She should go now to the local Maryland police. See what they say since no longer a secret. Whoever leaked her name to the press took care of that.

This is all so disheartening. Speak up, tell your truth and it does.not.matter. This is why victims don’t speak up. Because they’re not heard.

Republicans will say they believe her but believe she’s mistaken in who it was. That’s not how it works. You believe her or you don’t.

I really do think she’s telling the truth and I think he’s lying about never being blackout drunk. I think he and Judge did this and don’t really recall the incident.

We don’t get to explore the other allegations.

I’m on Brisket’s ledge and ready to jump. Just burn it all down.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wrong my friend. 

Not sure why you are acting this way, but if you had been in charge we never would have invaded Normandy. There is ALWAYS hope. Try it. 

8 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

You don't think your hero will come through? 

I honestly don’t know.  It depends if he even has the opportunity to make enough noise out of it.  If the GOP doesn’t even have close to 51, Flake won’t have the opportunity to vote no.

Right now they’re all concealing their votes so they don’t alienate any voters. 

The performance today by the Republicans reeked of desperation and trying to appease cheeto  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

She should go now to the local Maryland police. See what they say since no longer a secret. Whoever leaked her name to the press took care of that.

She should.  And nothing will come of it, because at this point in time, it's all but impossible to have evidence of guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt," so no prosecutor will ever support charges.

Of course, that isn't and wasn't the standard that's EVER in play here.

What Sachick posted is what most women in America are thinking right now.  And your disdain for them and how they have to live their lives is duly noted.

• Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

She should.  And nothing will come of it, because at this point in time, it's all but impossible to have evidence of guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt," so no prosecutor will ever support charges.

Of course, that isn't and wasn't the standard that's EVER in play here.

What Sachick posted is what most women in America are thinking right now.  And your disdain for them and how they have to live their lives is duly noted.

Why? No statute of limitations. All the people are still around. Let the po po handle it.

Wrong my friend. 

Not sure why you are acting this way, but if you had been in charge we never would have invaded Normandy. There is ALWAYS hope. Try it. 

I see hope when I walk into my office's breakroom during the hearings and hear three women speak with quiet determination about working every weekend and taking off election day to make sure people get to the polls.

I see hope when I listen to my wife, who has never before paid attention to politics and would often vote for Republicans, talk about how she's never voting for another Republican again, and is working and giving money to Democrats.

There was anger.  Now there is rage.  Just in time for an election.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's not like we haven't watched this play out for the last decade. Catholic priests, Penn St., Olympic gymnasts, etc. All abused, and the vast majority kept silent for years. Turning a blind eye to this just enables future abusers.

Edited by retread

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Wrong my friend. 

Churchill thought it would fail.

But he also concluded that we needed to try it.

I feel the same.  We have to fight, with everything we have.  I just know how it's likely to end.  But you fight till the end.  Always, till the end.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I see hope when I walk into my office's breakroom during the hearings and hear three women speak with quiet determination about working every weekend and taking off election day to make sure people get to the polls.

I see hope when I listen to my wife, who has never before paid attention to politics and would often vote for Republicans, talk about how she's never voting for another Republican again, and is working and giving money to Democrats.

Prediction: the next "purge of voter rolls" coming to a GOP state near you will be one that, for some mysterious reason, targets long-time voters with female names.

You seem to think that we live in a functioning democracy.  I find your sunshiney optimism to be super sugar-sweet.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

But Target haz sale. 

• Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Prediction: the next "purge of voter rolls" coming to a GOP state near you will be one that, for some mysterious reason, targets long-time voters with female names.

You seem to think that we live in a functioning democracy.  I find your sunshiney optimism to be super sugar-sweet.

You can't do that to white people, bro.