Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

It’s hard to keep in mind that none of us were there and none of us know what happened. I don’t know what happened that day and never will.

I’ve seen enough from Ford and Kavanaugh to believe that he shouldn’t be confirmed.

I believe she thinks she’s telling the truth, so either he did it or she’s mistaken. It doesn’t help that no one can corroborate her story.

He seems forthright: maybe he doesn’t remember it or he blacked out. But he has not shown a willingness to own his past regarding all the bullshit about the yearbook stuff. He’s lying. So he could be lying about the assault too.

I think the Rs are right about the Ds gaming all this for their benefit. They don’t give a single fuck about what’s best for Ford.

But it’s also ridiculous for the Rs to bitch about the Ds tactics. That’s where we are now. The opposition will absolutely be dragged through glass at every opportunity. That’s not new. You got played. Tough shit.

If I had a vote it would be a no. But the whole thing stinks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

It’s hard to keep in mind that none of us were there and none of us know what happened. I don’t know what happened that day and never will.

I’ve seen enough from Ford and Kavanaugh to believe that he shouldn’t be confirmed.

I believe she thinks she’s telling the truth, so either he did it or she’s mistaken. It doesn’t help that no one can corroborate her story.

He seems forthright: maybe he doesn’t remember it or he blacked out. But he has not shown a willingness to own his past regarding all the bullshit about the yearbook stuff. He’s lying. So he could be lying about the assault too.

I think the Rs are right about the Ds gaming all this for their benefit. They don’t give a single fuck about what’s best for Ford.

But it’s also ridiculous for the Rs to bitch about the Ds tactics. That’s where we are now. The opposition will absolutely be dragged through glass at every opportunity. That’s not new. You got played. Tough shit.

If I had a vote it would be a no. But the whole thing stinks.

He either blacked out and doesn’t remember or it or vaguely remembers it and is lying his ass off. Anybody who argues otherwise is a complete fucking idiot.