Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

In 2016 I was a moderate.  Socially liberal, fiscally conservative, but not quite a libertarian.  I would have considered voting for Kasich had he won the nomination.

Now?  I will probably never be able to vote for a Republican in my life.  I find the lot of you disgusting in ways I can't even describe.  It bothers me that you even exist.

I wonder how many of me there are...

You just described 90% of my friends.  There are lots of us.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

In 2016 I was a moderate.  Socially liberal, fiscally conservative, but not quite a libertarian.  I would have considered voting for Kasich had he won the nomination.

Now?  I will probably never be able to vote for a Republican in my life.  I find the lot of you disgusting in ways I can't even describe.  It bothers me that you even exist.

Not many. 

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, deech said:

That window, it’s worth noting, could include July 1, a day on which Kavanaugh’s calendar lists, “Go to Timmy’s for Skis w/ Judge, Tom, PJ, Bernie, Squi.” What “skis” refers to isn’t clear, but it might be a reference to “brewskis,” a then-popular slang term for beer. “Judge” refers to Mark Judge; “PJ” to Patrick Smyth, who Ford on Thursday again indicated was also at the gathering where she alleges she was assaulted.

Well, at least one more.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Haven’t been paying attention.

How has Kavanaugh done so far? 

What grade would you give his performance?

It's a mixed bag. He's playing well to the base by being aggressively partisan, defiant and angry, but he needs more than the base. He's also been evasive and provided at least one answer that many people will know for a fact is a lie. 

Wait I just caught up.  He testified that a "devils three-way" means a drinking game?  Seriously?  That's fucking perjury you fucking idiot.  Any of us who know anything about anything and went to college know it means dude-chick-dude.  But no eye-contact between dudes or its totally gay.

• Like 1

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

It's a mixed bag. He's playing well to the base by being aggressively partisan, defiant and angry, but he needs more than the base. He's also been evasive and provided at least one answer that many people will know for a fact is a lie. 

Oh so he’s performing for an audience of Trump.

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

You’re going to find out in early November. 

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Wait I just caught up.  He testified that a "devils three-way" means a drinking game?  Seriously?  That's fucking perjury you fucking idiot.  Any of us who know anything about anything and went to college know it means dude-chick-dude.  But no eye-contact between dudes or its totally gay.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

On this board?  Several.

Nationally?  Not enough.

Team over country.  And remember, what that means in the end is that "country" loses.  It loses big.  Like, this big:

OU77AM0.jpg

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

You can add me to that list.  I generally skewed dem, but frequently (usually?) voted for republicans for local office.  I dislike my Democratic congressman and senator, and have never voted for either, as well as voting GOP for most local offices.    I wouldn't vote for anyone willing to associate with these current fucksticks for so much as dog catcher now.   

You can add me to that list.  I generally skewed dem, but frequently (usually?) voted for republicans for local office.  I dislike my Democratic congressman and senator, and have never voted for either, as well as voting GOP for most local offices.    I wouldn't vote for anyone willing to associate with these current fucksticks for so much as dog catcher now.   

Always voted R with a brief fling with 3rd party in 2014 before a straight ticket D vote in 2016. Now, I’m even researching our city council candidates Facebook pages for any hints at who they support, because anyone within a whiff of this GOP will never see my vote again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

#metoo

+1. There are lots. But a lot don't vote or pay attention to politics and that's the problem