Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

41 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

The legislative branch has to change the policy within the law that the court finds issue with and tries again. Rinse and repeat until you can implement the law. You don't give up on the law and make new rules unless you want to break the republic

giphy.gif

46 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

The legislative branch has to change the policy within the law that the court finds issue with and tries again. Rinse and repeat until you can implement the law. You don't give up on the law and make new rules unless you want to break the republic. 

Why does a co-equal branch have to listen to the Court? 

2 minutes ago, CBHorn said:

Here's the problem with our country:

Everyone who wanted her to be credible found her credible. Truth be damned.

Everyone who wanted her to be incredible found her incredible. Truth be damned.

Everyone who wanted the truth is damned to be governed by the above two groups.

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

Some quickly counted numbers from page 307 on this balanced, non echo chamber forum:

• From anti Kavanaugh posters:  43 posts receiving 30 up votes and 1 down vote
  • From pro Kavanaugh posters:  7 posts receiving  8 up votes and 4 down votes

This phenomenon is happening all across the internet.  We are forming insulated pods to reinforce what we want to believe and to vilify the other side.  

On Surly this "phenomenon" a pro-Trump/GOP vs. anti-Trump/GOP issue.  Partisan Republicans vs. people who choose to be sincere and moral.  I feel pretty comfortable being in the latter "pod". 

7 minutes ago, CBHorn said:

Everyone who wanted her to be not credible found her not credible. Truth be damned.

FIFmyself because I'm a fucking moron.

28 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Spare me with anti-Semitic crap when it comes to Soros. He doesn’t identify as a Jew and his ethnicity is not mentioned by me or anyone else here when discussing one of the most evil men in the world. Plenty of Jews hate him too including my friend greggym.

Clearly, most Jewish people are just idiots and support Democrats for no reason.

incredible (ĭn-krĕdˈə-bəl)

• adj.
    So implausible as to elicit disbelief: gave an incredible explanation of the cause of the accident.

I think incredible is fine when used as the opposite of credible.

Also:

Synonym study

The prefixes in- and un- may both have, among other uses, a negative force. In- is the form derived from Latin, and is therefore used in learned words or in words derived from Latin or (rarely) Greek: inaccessible, inaccuracy, inadequate, etc. Un- is the native form going back to Old English, used in words of native origin, and sometimes used in combination with words of other origins if these words are in common use: unloving, ungodly, unfeeling, unnecessary, unsafe.

58 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

"credible" seems to be a confusing word to some.  To the left it apparently means "there is an allegation I wish to be true" so the victim is credible.

That's why you have no credibility on this board. 

Because you say stupid shit that's so fucking stupid, and so unrelated to the facts, that no one believes you.  

Hence, you are an incredibly stupid fuck.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tantric superman said:

Because you say stupid shit that's so fucking stupid, and so unrelated to the facts, that no one believes you.  

Yet Hugo Dipshits and DD are your leaders here

hello pot

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CBHorn said:

Everyone who wanted her to be incredible found her incredible. Truth be damned.

I didn't have this problem because Judge Garland.  I woundn't vote for a nominee until after this Presidential term. 

58 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

Which has nothing to do with support of Jewish people. 

This might be the dumbest thing I have read on this thread. Support of the one and only Jewish state in the world, a refuge from anti-Semitism and recapturing their ancestral homeland and assisting with them is not in support of the Jewish people. That’s pretty fucking stupid

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

This might be the dumbest thing I have read on this thread. Support of the one and only Jewish state in the world, a refuge from anti-Semitism and recapturing their ancestral homeland and assisting with them is not in support of the Jewish people. That’s pretty fucking stupid

It's not just the ancestral homeland of Jews. You don't seem to care about that.

You think evangelical Christians support Israel because they just care about Jewish people and want them to be safe?  That's well beyond "fucking stupid".

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Spare me with anti-Semitic crap when it comes to Soros. He doesn’t identify as a Jew and his ethnicity is not mentioned by me or anyone else here when discussing one of the most evil men in the world. Plenty of Jews hate him too including my friend greggym.

Still waiting on what makes him "one of the most evil men in the world"    All kidding aside, it is unsupported  statements like this that by the right that have put Soros into the role of Universal  Bogey Man.    Nobody knows what he did to deserve this supervillain status, and we don't really have time to explain it to you, so just accept it and move on with life. 

It's like somehow a branch of the Q crap that has been chosen to be legitimized by the right.    Maybe because so much of his works are global and not solely in the US, so he can be demonized easier, since we don't pay much attention to what goes on outside our borders?

So yes, you guys keep touting how all the accusations against BK are asinine and false.  Please give me credible evidence that Soros is the monster you claim him to be, or STFU.

11 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

incredible (ĭn-krĕdˈə-bəl)

• adj.
    So implausible as to elicit disbelief: gave an incredible explanation of the cause of the accident.

I think incredible is fine when used as the opposite of credible.

Also:

Synonym study

The prefixes in- and un- may both have, among other uses, a negative force. In- is the form derived from Latin, and is therefore used in learned words or in words derived from Latin or (rarely) Greek: inaccessible, inaccuracy, inadequate, etc. Un- is the native form going back to Old English, used in words of native origin, and sometimes used in combination with words of other origins if these words are in common use: unloving, ungodly, unfeeling, unnecessary, unsafe.

Ok,

Well, be sure to tell everyone you know that Judge Kavanaugh's testimony was incredible.  

15 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

On Surly this "phenomenon" a pro-Trump/GOP vs. anti-Trump/GOP issue.  Partisan Republicans vs. people who choose to be sincere and moral.  I feel pretty comfortable being in the latter "pod". 

They are more than comfortable.  Echo chambers are moral superiority crack houses for tribalists.  You can feel all that wonderful superiority run through your fans while looking look down on the infidel scum of the earth with the utmost sincerity.  

8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Jewish people aren't stupid, and tend to notice who Republicans have crawled into bed with recently.

43 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

You are, currently, also the party of the rising Nazis in America, those against LGBTQ equality, and support putting humans into dog kennels. 

Congrats

Got a neg from _________.

Wondering if it's because you don't think it's true or if it's because you know it's true and it makes you angry that this is the party you support?  

1 minute ago, Aphelion said:

They are more than comfortable.  Echo chambers are moral superiority crack houses for tribalists.  You can feel all that wonderful superiority run through your fans while looking look down on the infidel scum of the earth with the utmost sincerity.  

The feeling isn't superiority.  It's a massive "what planet am I on?" frustration. 

13 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Clearly, most Jewish people are just idiots and support Democrats for no reason.

Thanks for the kind words Icon.

Cali, when it comes to politics, Jews and blacks are the 2 dumbest groups of voters. The dems could care less about them other then when its time to raise money and votes. Most Jews support dems because they always have. My Mom is in her 80s and still votes dem even though she recognizes that the dem party is no longer the party of JFK and Scoop Jackson. She is so offended by the actions of dems with Kavanaugh, she won't vote for them any longer.

So yes, when it comes to voting most Jews are idiots and vote for dems simply because they always have but that is slowly beginning to change.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

15 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

This is fucking stupid as fuck. Pepper has impeccable taste when it comes to food, wine, travel and restaurants.

Just now, realgreggym said:

Cali, when it comes to politics, Jews and blacks are the 2 dumbest groups of voters. The dems could care less about them other then when its time to raise money and votes. Most Jews support dems because they always have. My Mom is in her 80s and still votes dem even though she recognizes that the dem party is no longer the party of JFK and Scoop Jackson. She is so offended by the actions of dems with Kavanaugh, she won't vote for them any longer.

So yes, when it comes to voting most Jews are idiots and vote for dems simply because they always have but that is slowly beginning to change.

This is up there for one of the dumbest posts in this thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, realgreggym said:

It's really sad what has become of you.  You should be ashamed of yourself. 

1 minute ago, realgreggym said:

The same can be said of the vast majority of white people who vote for Republicans.

Just now, realgreggym said:

The only Jews I know who are Republicans (including my parents) are at least 50.  Every Jew I know under the age of 35 are incredibly vocal Democrats.  And these are Texas Jews.

6 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Jewish people aren't stupid, and tend to notice who Republicans have crawled into bed with recently.

The Reform Jews who are intermarrying and not retaining their tradition are firmly in the progressive camp. The Netanyahu coalition of Orthodox Jews and Middle Eastern Jews are firmly in the Republican camp and love Trump 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

the ability to discern between a refutation of a story and a "can't remember" is something i'd expect of a JP sitting in North Bumblefuck, Texas, let alone a sitting federal judge and supreme court nominee.

Not if that JP ain’t a lawyer. 

The Reform Jews who are intermarrying and not retaining their tradition are firmly in the progressive camp. The Netanyahu coalition of Orthodox Jews and Middle Eastern Jews are firmly in the Republican camp and love Trump 

Lulz, of course you're a fucking blood-purist. I think you would be great friends with this guy:

lord_voldemort.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m wondering if you sink any lower, maybe you’ll pop up in China.  Keep digging bro.  

• Like 1