Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If McGahn knew about this allegation before Feinstein released it, the next logical question is what else does McGahn know that hasn’t been released?

as for the Monday session, just because Grassley and some in the gop want this over on Monday, they don’t get the final say on that.  Only takes 2 gop senators to say it needs to wait.  But if Ford refuses to testify Monday or soon thereafter, kavanaugh will be confirmed. 

9 hours ago, David Dennison said:

What's lost in all of this is how stunningly effective the Democrats are at beating the Republicans at their own game.

I wonder how they'll fuck it up.

They're going to get crushed on this issue. Even a lot of anti-Trump people I've seen on Twitter recently have been saying this is terrible. It's just uniting conservatives into the mind set of "oh yeah, we forgot how bad the Democrats actually were."

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not a good look for the GOP bullying this woman to testify in less than a week just because they gotta get their guy on the bench, proper vetting be damned.

Fact - No idea when it happened
Fact - No idea where it happened even though on her own admission it was her decision to attend this party
Fact - No idea who was at the party outside of two other people who both said they have no recollection of the event
Fact - Dems said they would do anything to delay the hearing
Fact - Dems sat on the information until the last possible minute
Fact - The notes of the therapist say 4 "attackers"
Fact - whatever happened(if anything) happened 36 years ago and now is just being brought up
Fact - She's erased all social media
Fact - She's part of the resist movement
Fact - the FBI has done 6 background checks on him

Out of curiosity, how exactly do you think the FBI could possibly investigate a potential attack that took place 36 years ago at a party when the accuser doesn't know where, when, or who else was there.

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fact - No idea when it happened
Fact - No idea where it happened even though on her own admission it was her decision to attend this party
Fact - No idea who was at the party outside of two other people who both said they have no recollection of the event
Fact - Dems said they would do anything to delay the hearing
Fact - Dems sat on the information until the last possible minute
Fact - The notes of the therapist say 4 "attackers"
Fact - whatever happened(if anything) happened 36 years ago and now is just being brought up
Fact - She's erased all social media
Fact - She's part of the resist movement
Fact - the FBI has done 6 background checks on him

Out of curiosity, how exactly do you think the FBI could possibly investigate a potential attack that took place 36 years ago at a party when the accuser doesn't know where, when, or who else was there.
What's your explanation for her (1) conveying the story to her therapist six years ago (2) willingness to go through all the shit she's gone through and will go through?

I have yet to hear a more reasonable explanation than she's telling the truth from you or anyone else.
  • Like 1

What's your explanation for her (1) conveying the story to her therapist six years ago (2) willingness to go through all the shit she's gone through and will go through?

I have yet to hear a more reasonable explanation than she's telling the truth from you or anyone else.

Oscar’s razor or some shit. Get outta here with that simple nonsense.

16 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

^

^

Yup.  

Why should the Republicans give a shit about the “truth” when this entire allegation was a corrupt attempt at trying to derail a confirmation that was sailing through. I would turn up the heat today on the accuser if I was a Senator. They’ve been handling this situation with kid gloves. Her basically backing away from testifying means that they can go in for the kill. Treat this situation for what it is, a desperate political ploy.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

Essentially, the GOP position is that the accuser's motives are purely political. She will abandon any moral stance or code of ethics just to get what she wants politically. She's so vile, that she will slander a public figure just to hurt the GOP.

Project much? She's evidently you.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Essentially, the GOP position is that the accuser's motives are purely political. She will abandon any moral stance or code of ethics just to get what she wants politically. She's so vile, that she will slander a public figure just to hurt the GOP.

Project much?

Yes! You got it. That’s why I would be gunning for the kill shot today. It would be best for her and and the Kavanaughs unless she agrees to back off. Pretty Machiavellian of me but that’s what American politics has become. Of course there would need to be plausible deniability of who would end up doing it. 

8 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Of course that’s the reason. The confirmation was sailing along and they had to pull this out of their ass. This is the same sanctimonious group of assholes who lionized  Chappaquiddick Ted who impugned Robert Bork and claimed his nomination would result in back alley abortions and the reimposition of segregation. American politics is a shit show. I can’t stand grandstanding fucks who think they’re above the fray. I’d show no mercy and ram this nomination through. The GOP needs to stack the courts before everything implodes.  

There you go grandstanding again.

30 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

The story she told the therapist is that she was attacked by 4 men.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The story she told the therapist is that she was attacked you 4 men.  

A.  wut?

B.  disregarding your word jumble, she has denied that she told her therapist 4 men were even in the bedroom, and she never said she was attacked by anyone but Kavanaugh.  So, you know, try conveying the truth once in a while, Johnny Sack of Shit.

Edited by jimmyjazz

Why is she the only side calling for an FBI investigation?  Who asks the FBI to investigate themselves?

Why isn’t Kavanaugh asking for an investigation?  Seems like doing so would only help his credibility even if it’s just lip service.

If Kavanaugh is an innocent man, an exhaustive nonpartisan investigation would only help him.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

First impression on this "demanding an FBI investigation" is that it really helps Kavanaugh's chances.

No problem with the FBI investigating threats against her, but they shouldn't be involved in a sexual assault investigation this old.

It's about whether he's lying about it today, as a judge and grown assed man.  It fits a pattern of high stakes lying.

16 hours ago, realgreggym said:

Supposedly Ford now says that she won't testify unless the FBI does a complete investigation. The FBI has vetted him several times in the past. She made accusations and she has the opportunity to explain to the Senate committee and as of now, it looks like she isn't going to testify even behind closed doors. This sounds like nothing more than a delay tactic.. 

It sure is considering.

1.  The supposed crime committed was a state crime not a federal crime.  The FBI would have no jurisdiction to investigate anything.

2.  The statute of limitations on this ran out decades ago.

All this is designed to do is to stall this out as much as possible in order to give the dirt bags in the media as much time to scream "He's guilty" as loud and often as possible in order to sway public opinion and force enough political pressure on Kavanaugh to get him to withdraw his nomination.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

I have a solution: Proceed on two paths.

Path One is to go ahead and confirm Kavanaugh.  Path Two is to conduct a full FBI investigation and then hold a full hearing on the matter.  I believe the hearing could be held some time early next year.

Or path three:  get a better person than Kavanaugh

4 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

I have a solution: Proceed on two paths.

Path One is to go ahead and confirm Kavanaugh.  Path Two is to conduct a full FBI investigation and then hold a full hearing on the matter.  I believe the hearing could be held some time early next year.

That sounds reasonable, which means it won’t be done. 

9 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

It sure is considering.

1.  The supposed crime committed was a state crime not a federal crime.  The FBI would have no jurisdiction to investigate anything.

2.  The statute of limitations on this ran out decades ago.

All this is designed to do is to stall this out as much as possible in order to give the dirt bags in the media as much time to scream "He's guilty" as loud and often as possible in order to sway public opinion and force enough political pressure on Kavanaugh to get him to withdraw his nomination.  

This is nonsense.

The FBI wouldn’t be conducting a criminal investigation.  They would be doing a deep background investigation.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is nonsense.

The FBI wouldn’t be conducting a criminal investigating.  They would be doing a deep background investigating.

Which he has already undergone 6 times already. The accuser has an invitation and opportunity to state her case on Monday. She thought she could impugn this man’s character and be a hero of the Resistance without getting the stink on her publically. She should of thought of that before coming out with this garbage. Today is the day to finish her off and destroy her credibility. Turn up the heat and see if you can get a public retraction.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is nonsense.

The FBI wouldn’t be conducting a criminal investigation.  They would be doing a deep background investigation.

Which they already fucking do for every person nominated for a federal position or judgeship. 

They did it with Anita Hill.  So EMAWful needs to stop acting like this is unprecedented.

10 hours ago, used2b said:

And we wonder why women don't come forward more often. If they do in high profile cases like this, they may be subjected to an 'invitation' to be questioned by a bunch of men up on a platform looking down at them asking them intrusive questions about a painful and vulnerable time in their life with no interest in the search for truth.

As for the "timing" issue - she went to visit her Rep (Eshoo) when BK was nominated to tell her what happened. They talked it over and Ford decided to write a letter but wanted anonymity. She doesn't want to fucking testify or fight to score political points. Naive, yes. But doesn't mean she has to testify for her account to be true.

Also, the R's don't really give a shit about BK and his reputation or career. They want that majority ASAP. BK is expendable. Also he would just go back to his current judgeship and remain connected and affluent.

If the Democrats are so interested in truth then why did Feinstein sit on this letter for five weeks?  If getting to the truth was important she would have handed the letter over to law enforcement the next day.  The Democrats have as much interest in finding the truth on this as I do of having spiders crawl out my ass.  This is about one thing to the Democrats and one thing only--winning.  That's all it's ever about to the Democrats.  Let me remind everyone that Feinstein was sitting on this letter at the exact same time every Democrat at McCain's funeral was bawling about lack of political civility and an unwillingness to cross party aisles.  The only reason Democrats want Republicans to cross party aisles is because it makes it easier for them to kick Republicans in the gonads.

8 minutes ago, retread said:

It's absolutely beautiful how untenable a situation this is for the Rs.

If this woman turns out to be a fraud with a vendetta, the tables will be turned and the Democrats will have pinned their hopes on her and look like fools. It would be absolutely beautiful.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Moreover, there’s risk here for the democrats.  If Dr. Ford turns out to be a complete fraud, they will pay a high political price.  

The democrats have hitched their wagon to the credibility of Dr. Ford.  Do you think they would do that without vetting her allegations or candor?

It's a federal crime to lie to the FBI.  So why would she be asking for an investigation just to end up in jail if she's a lying liar whore who lies?

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Which he has already undergone 6 times already.

New information has come to light.  Remember when the Hillary investigation was closed and then reopened? Same kinda deal here. 

Just because the FBI completed background on Kavanaugh, doesn’t mean they accounted for this attempted rape allegation.

The fact that Dr. Ford is asking the FBI to investigate indicates this event wasn’t scrutinized in prior investigations.

There's nothing beautiful about this situation, regardless of the outcome. The dopamine hit gained today by watching an opponent's political failure won't be much consolation in the future as the stability and prosperity of our country continues to fade away.

• Like 2

Like used2b said

And we wonder why women don't come forward more often. If they do in high profile cases like this, they may be subjected to an 'invitation' to be questioned by a bunch of men up on a platform looking down at them asking them intrusive questions about a painful and vulnerable time in their life with no interest in the search for truth.

Even in cases that are not high profile, victims are often very reluctant to come forward. Just consider the Penn St, Mich St, & Catholic priest crimes. Many victims kept quiet for years and years.

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

I had to undergo a background investigation for my federal position. If one of the persons they talked to said I had attempted to rape someone, they would fully pursue that and I likely would be out of a job. Kavanaugh deserves the same scrutiny. The prior 6 investigations are irrelevant since I to my knowledge they didn't have this information.
/Personal capacity/
I will just add the entire GOP is a morally corrupt criminal enterprise. Defending someone accused of rape to achieve their Supreme Court take over is just further evidence of that. Anyone that continues to associate with the GOP is complicit in this moral corruption and subversion of our basic principles. Fuck these guys.

/In my personal capacity/

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Moreover, there’s risk here for the democrats.  If Dr. Ford turns out to be a complete fraud, they will pay a high political price.  

The democrats have hitched their wagon to the credibility of Dr. Ford.  Do you think they would do that without vetting her allegations or candor?

Hitched what wagon?  Do you think any media source not named Fox is going to criticize them for this?  This will be spun by the media as a case of "me too" needing to go further and do more.  The media will praise the Democrats for their attempt to stop this injustice and spin this as proof that Republicans are evil misogynists.  That is why Democrats can pull stunts like this.  They have the political advantage over the Republicans in that they can not sit down anywhere in Washington D.C. without having to worry about breaking a member of the media's nose.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Hitched what wagon?  Do you think any media source not named Fox is going to criticize them for this?  This will be spun by the media as a case of "me too" needing to go further and do more.  The media will praise the Democrats for their attempt to stop this injustice and spin this as proof that Republicans are evil misogynists.  That is why Democrats can pull stunts like this.  They have the political advantage over the Republicans in that they can not sit down anywhere in Washington D.C. without having to worry about breaking a member of the media's nose.

Poor poor GOPs. Control of the House, Senate and White House and still persecuted by illusory libs and illusory libs in all of the media except FOX.

Try being a man for an hour or two. This limp, girly whine isn't becoming to anyone. The obtuse dishonesty is bad enough. Don't throw in appeals for pity.