Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

What, you think anything anyone says here means jack shit ?

I've never said nor implied that because such a contention is as ridiculous as your very best post that you've ever had. Once again, you're absolutely wrong about absolutely everything that you said and you're beyond delusional if you think you're gonna stand and trade with me. Slink away and move on to your next abject failure.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Americans. They stand in line like Citizens can do for any non classified government proceeding. 

Federal Court proceedings are non-classified last time I checked.  If I walked into a Federal District Court proceeding and did what these people are doing, I would likely find myself inside a jail cell at least for a little while.

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

Federal Court proceedings are non-classified last time I checked.  If I walked into a Federal District Court proceeding and did what these people are doing, I would likely find myself inside a jail cell at least for a little while.

yes, And yep they were. 

WASHINGTON (ABC7) — U.S. Capitol Police arrested 70 people Tuesday during the first day of hearings on the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Sixty-one were removed from the Hart committee room and nine were removed from the Dirksen Senate Office Building. 

Nearly two dozen people were arrested for disorderly conduct in the first hour of Kavanaugh’s Senate confirmation hearing. Hundreds more protested in the hall of the Senate building.

The comment was how do they get in. 

https://wjla.com/news/local/capitol-police-arrest-brett-kavanaugh-hearings

10 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

yes, And yep they were. 

WASHINGTON (ABC7) — U.S. Capitol Police arrested 70 people Tuesday during the first day of hearings on the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Sixty-one were removed from the Hart committee room and nine were removed from the Dirksen Senate Office Building. 

Nearly two dozen people were arrested for disorderly conduct in the first hour of Kavanaugh’s Senate confirmation hearing. Hundreds more protested in the hall of the Senate building.

The comment was how do they get in. 

https://wjla.com/news/local/capitol-police-arrest-brett-kavanaugh-hearings

Good point. hopefully they were roughed up a little bit.  :)

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Do people use AR's for self-defense?  People I know who own them use them for shooting at the range or ranch.  We do need to arm the teachers though, as well as the more precocious students.

That's not what was said. Feinstein started off by nonsensically framing the question around the idea that the most common rifle in the United States is no in "common use". 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Do people use AR's for self-defense?  People I know who own them use them for shooting at the range or ranch.  We do need to arm the teachers though, as well as the more precocious students.

Democrats for allowing these hearings?   How exactly did the Democrats have this power? 

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Recognizing and calling out the troll immediately isn’t taking the bait.  But yes, ignoring trolls is the usually the best approach.  Unfortunately, the trolls currently run the fucking world so ignoring them isn’t exactly an option.

Anyway, Kavanaugh is probably the most illegitimate Supreme Court nominee of all time which is sad because he actually is qualified if we’re going solely by education and experience. 

You were the first one to pull something off of twitter and post it here about her hand sign.  You are the one that is causing sane people to doubt their initial reaction of this being a giant nothingburger.  What is that term when you manipulate people to doubt their own reality/sanity?  Oh yes, gaslighting.  You are the one infiltrating our little online neighborhood and gaslighting people.  You are a troll.  What is the comment you always make about Trump?  Every accusation is a confession.  My frustration with you or any other hyper-partisan poster (excluding Bad Teammate and Jimmy....I know they're real) is I believe you're here specifically to sow discord and make people more divided.  And it works.  So congrats.

And I believe very strongly you are paid to post.  If you are not, prove it to me.  I'll drive to Louisiana and buy you a beer in person.  You are clearly not very busy given you post on this board all day.   If you're doing all this out of the goodness of your heart I'll cut you a check for a reasonable amount of your choosing and apologize.  Free money. Board can determine how you can prove you're not paid to post. 

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Just buy a keg man, we will all show up. 

Absolutely.  I'll do that.  We can sit and visit and realize that if we disagree that doesn't mean the differing side is traitorous or lying or trolling.  They might just disagree.  Hopefully it will improve the discourse of this place. It's full of relevant and important information and it is one of my sources for the goings on in the world.

But the offer for Hugo stands as is.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

You were the first one to pull something off of twitter and post it here about her hand sign.  You are the one that is causing sane people to doubt their initial reaction of this being a giant nothingburger.  What is that term when you manipulate people to doubt their own reality/sanity?  Oh yes, gaslighting.  You are the one infiltrating our little online neighborhood and gaslighting people.  You are a troll.  What is the comment you always make about Trump?  Every accusation is a confession.  My frustration with you or any other hyper-partisan poster (excluding Bad Teammate and Jimmy....I know they're real) is I believe you're here specifically to sow discord and make people more divided.  And it works.  So congrats.

And I believe very strongly you are paid to post.  If you are not, prove it to me.  I'll drive to Louisiana and buy you a beer in person.  You are clearly not very busy given you post on this board all day.   If you're doing all this out of the goodness of your heart I'll cut you a check for a reasonable amount of your choosing and apologize.  Free money. Board can determine how you can prove you're not paid to post. 

I’m not paid to post but I have no idea how I’m supposed to prove it to you.  I plan on going to the UT/ LSU game next year so perhaps we can meet up then, I’ll gladly take the free beer, you can keep the money.

Ive been candid about my passionate style of posting in the Trump era.  If you really want to know, it’s in the active measures thread on the scat board. 

Yes, I posted the footage of the hand gesture first without commentary but it wasn’t my intention to gaslight the audience.  It was to examine and expose the tactic which is now commonplace in this administration.  I post Trump tweets too which are equally gaslighting. The only way to defend against that shit is to expose it quickly and increase awareness.

Me a troll? I’m certainly a troll to the Trump supporters, they banned me with the quickness for trolling which is also kinda why I’m here (almost like a refugee).

If my goal was to sow discord and division on this board, I’m doing a shitty job of it. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m not paid to post but I have no idea how I’m supposed to prove it to you.  I plan on going to the UT/ LSU game next year so perhaps we can meet up then, I’ll gladly take the free beer, you can keep the money.

Ive been candid about my passionate style of posting in the Trump era.  If you really want to know, it’s in the active measures thread on the scat board. 

Yes, I posted the footage of the hand gesture first without commentary but it wasn’t my intention to gaslight the audience.  It was to examine and expose the tactic which is now commonplace in this administration.  I post Trump tweets too which are equally gaslighting. The only way to defend against that shit is to expose it quickly and increase awareness.

Me a troll? I’m certainly a troll to the Trump supporters, they banned me with the quickness for trolling which is also kinda why I’m here (almost like a refugee).

If my goal was to sow discord and division on this board, I’m doing a shitty job of it. 

wait, UT and LSU play next year? Hells to the yeah. I have paid attention less to football this year than any other in my life. Haven't looked at a future schedule in years.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68