Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

48 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Sam seems to be handling the spotlight of Texas QB1 pretty well.  I like his attitude.  Not cocky, but confident and excited.

This... Reading the last several posts about Sam had me thinking about how these guys are really still just kids. It must take a hell of a lot of maturity to properly handle all of the attention and hero worship.  I think (know) I'd have been a complete arrogant asshole in the same situation.

Guess what I'm saying is that I'm damned proud of how our higher profile players handle things with dignity and class. (For the most part)

Hook 'em🤘

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Sam seems to be handling the spotlight of Texas QB1 pretty well.  I like his attitude.  Not cocky, but confident and excited.

If he can avoid the injury bug, Sam is gonna f'n wreck shop this year. Can't wait to see the offense work up a #8 on those  cock gobblers  from Norman.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, markstanco said:
8 hours ago, SKA the boss said:
I just read several pages of who was better... Sam or VY.
emoji6.png

Point out these posts.

Just search for Derka. It was only about a week ago.  

• Like 1

VY and Colt will always be at the top of the QB rankings for me but I can’t help but root for Sam to take over the top spot of course by way of winning championships and maybe a Heisman but also because of his personal story and connection to Texas.  You can’t help but root for the hometown kid that has been through so much.

Edited by TexEx15
  • Like 3

Pretty good breakdown of Sam v. Hurts. It's remarkable, really, how much improvement Sam has shown technically over the last 24 months. Coming out of high school, his throwing motion, while it didn't suck, would not have been called a strength. But it is clear he has repped the hell out of things.

Hurts, meanwhile, surprised me. Extremely effective already, but he's got some technical stuff he needs to clean up that could make him even better.

This is definitely still a QB driven league, which should give Texas room for optimism. It's also why the odds are pretty overwhelming that this is going to be another year of playing OU twice.

On 7/16/2019 at 5:32 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

This... Reading the last several posts about Sam had me thinking about how these guys are really still just kids. It must take a hell of a lot of maturity to properly handle all of the attention and hero worship.  I think (know) I'd have been a complete arrogant asshole in the same situation.

Guess what I'm saying is that I'm damned proud of how our higher profile players handle things with dignity and class. (For the most part)

Hook 'em🤘

I’ve often wondered how much coaching is done because it seems like most players parrot what the HC espouses. I guess that goes back to the “buying into the culture” thing although I believe it’s more of a “us against them” philosophy. Meaning the team in the locker room against everyone else mentality.

I hope I remember to ask Super Bill if it was the same with DKR next time I see him.

1 hour ago, USMCHorn said:

Lol He's starting to really take on Herman's personality.

Yeah I noticed too, it's just thoughtfulness. When he's asked a question he tries to give a meaningful answer that isn't just canned coach/player-speak. He's trying to talk in a way that motivates his boys. 

GettyImages-1088868578-1024x683.jpg

28 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Yup. There's a fine line between swagger and douchebagger 

DlICYLCU0AAS1hh?format=jpg&name=4096x409

23 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Goddamn that guy is King Douche.

Good gawd almighty, that douche is nauseating...but everyone knew that, he just can't help reinforcing the fact.

6 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Sam gets it at least. 

“He’s feeling himself and he goes, ‘Are we gonna keep the foot on the gas or are we gonna get all conservative again?’ ” Herman said. “I said, ‘Hey, listen here. You play. I’ll coach. All right?’ And then we hug when it’s over.”

• Like 2

Colt's win record at UT will always be better than Sam's.  Colt got us to a national championship game.  Colt has played backup QB in the NFL for almost 10 years.  If Sam gets a chance at the NFL, will he have a better pro career than Colt?  He is bigger, stronger runner and has a stronger arm.  His only deficiency to Colt may be less accuracy.  Screw the Tebow comparisons.  Sam will be a better QB in the NFL than several NFL rookies were when they started.   Brian Hoyer, Johnny Fuckhead, Matt Leinart, Kellen Moore, purple drank LSU dumbass, and many more come to mind.