Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

33 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

If you’re going to take the time to do that, why not attribute the quotes??

Honesty, I think everyone gets a free pass on page 1 venting. That double nut punch from Maryland was absolutely unbearable. Reading the comments gave me nauseating flashbacks.

I just went and scanned this thread from start to the win over ou and it’s absolutely hilarious. Hilarious to see derka eat crow. Hilarious to see that nerd Paul finebaum looking asshole CTJ try to walk his insults back and then disappear from the thread. And the jack asses that repped both of them. In fact, what would be wildly entertaining would be to spot CTJ two of his ball garglers and throw them in a cage with Sam after letting Sam read this thread. I would pony up $50 for that PPV.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lol, i remember telling people to calm down after the Maryland loss last year and give the young guy a chance, pretty sure i got negged.

From just before the USC game last year, 50% chose no on Herman.

On 9/30/2018 at 11:07 AM, Goo Punch said:

OU had the Belldozer, we have the Ehldozer. But you'll have to refresh my memory as to which year it was that Blake Bell was a Heisman candidate.

On 9/30/2018 at 11:16 AM, closetojumping said:

Do you need to “know why he’s not pulling it more in the read option”? Or will the concept that he’s got the football IQ of a dung beetle suffice? I think you know exactly why he’s doing stupid shit, but it’s a hard thing for us to admit as fans. I came to peace with it and I’ve been happier since. We have a functioning retard at QB, and our best hope is to keep him chained to the ball on offense as tightly as we can. 

Couple of gems here, though to be fair to derka, Sam had not yet shown just how big of a badass he could be yet.

CTJ on the other hand was really committed to shitting on Sam at every turn.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

As a Westlake homer, I've known that it was only a matter of experience before Sam would shine here. That's why last summer, I predicted here that Sam would "show great progression," which he clearly did. I also predicted then that Sam would "compete for championships in 2019," which happened even sooner than I thought it would. Before last off-season, I predicted that Sam would take full leadership and players who half-assed workouts would answer to him, which I was criticized for. I stand by that comment.

I can't criticize the naysayers after last year's Maryland fiasco, as Sam made bad mistakes. What truly amazed me is all the crap from posters like CTJ directed at Sam THE WEEK BEFORE the OU game. We had 6thStreet telling us that "Case McCoy should teach Sam how to play QB," lulz.

Sam's not perfect and I predict he will try to do too much against LA Tech before settling down. Then, he will really shine against LSU and win us a Big 12 Championship. Props to all the posters, like Derka,  who support him now. 

OK-COOL-HOOK-EM.jpg

• Like 6

Yes, he came in and got the passing game working.  I remember BJ going up several feet in the air for a ball and coming down hard, completing the catch but ended up hurt.  I think their stupid horse killed itself as well.  

• Like 1

Was it against Tech that Chance came in and won the game for us?  Still hard to believe that Chance Mock was a 5* quarterback and he handled the VY situation as well as he did. Hell of a teammate and hell of a Longhorn 
Chance is off twitter now, but his drunk tweets were funny.

For those that haven't kept up with this thread or want to read all the way through, here's a summation thus far:

Pages 1-3:

"Sam sucks horse dick. Cam should starts"

4-89:

"Check out those retardos on the first three pages"

90-92:

"Sam Ehlinger. Better than VY?"

93-

"Look at those fucktards on the first three pages"

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

Was it against Tech that Chance came in and won the game for us?  Still hard to believe that Chance Mock was a 5* quarterback and he handled the VY situation as well as he did. Hell of a teammate and hell of a Longhorn 

He was a 5 star not very good QB and yeah he threw the only significant TD that BJ Johnson caught in his career

Couple of gems here, though to be fair to derka, Sam had not yet shown just how big of a badass he could be yet.

Last season’s success was really difficult for CTJ. Don’t be so hard on him. We’ll go through some tough times again and he’ll be there.

On 9/2/2018 at 9:31 AM, Walden Ponderer said:

Even if he shows dramatic improvement throughout the rest of this season, there's no chance he beats out Rising, Thompson or Johnson. The question is no longer whether or not Texas will have good quarterback play in the future -- the question is who will be coaching that quarterback.

I am rather proud of the fact that I didn't show up on this thread to make an ass of myself until page 4. I may be an idiot, but at least I wasn't the conductor of the idiot express.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 8:36 AM, Pam Cummings said:

The next positive comment CTJ makes on anything related to the football program at Texas will be his first. He lives to shit on everything, I just can't imagine being that miserable in life all the time.

• Like 3

On 9/18/2018 at 6:04 PM, SKA the boss said:

Sophomore Sam is adequate. Adequate is good enough with the talent he has around him (if the coaches will continue to improve the play calling) to improve over last year's record, bolster recruiting, and keep the program on an upward trend.

And if you think there's a qb controversy this year? Just wait until Spring '19.

This post from page 9 really brought the lulz (the last part, not the first part).

22 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

Chance Mock is a fucking tool.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The next positive comment CTJ makes on anything related to the football program at Texas will be his first. He lives to shit on everything, I just can't imagine being that miserable in life all the time.

You’d be miserable too if you were consistently shitting gold objects due to lost wagers. 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:36 AM, Pam Cummings said:

The "football IQ of a dung beetle." 

Right after CTJ offered up this beauty, Sam went 10 straight games without an interception. 

• Like 3