Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

I expected the Cowboys to lose on Sunday, the table was set for the Colts, who desperately had to win to keep playoff hopes alive. They have been playing very well. There was no way the Cowboys were not going to relax and lose their edge after the last string of nut-crunch wins and taking total command of the division.

I got a lot of puzzled and sad looks from people this week when I told them the Cowboys would probably lose, or maybe scrap out a really ugly win at best. I had a hard time getting excited about the game because it was classic letdown forumula.

No biggie, that's the way NFL go. Look how many first place teams shit the bed this week against teams that needed it more. The first three weeks and last three weeks of each NFL season are always weird.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Also not sure why Wentz is ahead of Goff. Wentz is injury prone and Goff is better. 

18 minutes ago, DougO said:

I agree Goff is better than Wentz, even without the injuries. And Goff was the one that I feared may be injury prone due to his build.

I like Dak, he was a great fourth round pick, but GM3 went full retard picking Dak over Goff.

The Browns pick should have been "fire Hue Jackson."

This had to have been done after Dak and Zeke's rookie season, right?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DougO said:

I expected the Cowboys to lose on Sunday, the table was set for the Colts, who desperately had to win to keep playoff hopes alive. They have been playing very well. There was no way the Cowboys were not going to relax and lose their edge after the last string of nut-crunch wins and taking total command of the division.

I got a lot of puzzled and sad looks from people this week when I told them the Cowboys would probably lose, or maybe scrap out a really ugly win at best. I had a hard time getting excited about the game because it was classic letdown forumula.

No biggie, that's the way NFL go. Look how many first place teams shit the bed this week against teams that needed it more. The first three weeks and last three weeks of each NFL season are always weird.

What do you expect for this sunday?

20 hours ago, DougO said:

Pretty much where I was too.  I did not expect a win, a good showing.  I did NOT think the offense and Defense would flat not show up, especially the defense, so that was surprising.

I fully expect them to turn it back on this week, defense to dominate, and the offense to not completely suck at home, and a nice crowd behind them.  They'll wrap it up this weekend IMO.

5 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

What do you expect for this sunday?

I expect them to rebound from their embarrassment and come out motivated to lock up the division once and for all and play pretty well. Should be able to make some D plays against Tampa. Then they probably look like dog shit against the 'Ginas in the last game when the game means virtually nothing in the playoff scheme.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 6:31 PM, DougO said:

Cowboys eek out a first round win with strong defense at home, second round opponent's plane is hijacked by terrorists and flown into NFC championship opponent's headquarters during team meetings.

#ItCouldHappen..! 😋 (plotted by the XFL..?)

49 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Remember some folks here trying to argue this silly point.

Well to be fair, part of my argument was assuming that Garrett would be fired at the end of the year anyways, and the new HC wouldn’t have a top 10-15 pick. Cooper has exceeded everyone’s expectations, including Jerry’s....and Clarence Hill’s

Edited by youdunnf'dup

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

My god, that game is burned into my memory forever. Last game ever at the old Texas Stadium, right?

Wasn't that the one where Romo brought them back twice, only to have the defense give up long TDs on simple runs up the middle?

5 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Yeah, probably deserved. That game was a kick in the dick. 

The walk to the parking was a  lot was worse.  It was 65 at the start of the game and 23 by the time it was over.    I damn near died walking to the truck, save the copious amounts of alcohol flowing through my veins 

Edited by Trey3216

9 minutes ago, DougO said:

Wasn't that the one where Romo brought them back twice, only to have the defense give up long TDs on simple runs up the middle?

Romo also threw a couple WTF ints. I remember one to Ed Reed that was just a back breaker.

Edit: Actually Reed got both ints

Edited by txbroadcaster

Romo also threw a couple WTF ints. I remember one to Ed Reed that was just a back breaker.

Don't forget Romos quote about the pick before halftime where he said it was just like a long punt. Except you don't punt on 2nd or 3rd down and when you are punting, you aren't trying to get points, as they were trying to get before half. That's when you knew he was going to be a mental midget going forward.

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
11 hours ago, txbroadcaster said:

Don't forget Romos quote about the pick before halftime where he said it was just like a long punt. Except you don't punt on 2nd or 3rd down and when you are punting, you aren't trying to get points, as they were trying to get before half. That's when you knew he was going to be a mental midget going forward.

Sorry Vic, we do not share the same view on Romo...That game was in 2008 and he had started all of one year before full time. I bet even Romo now would say what he said was wrong