Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Seattle is going to crush us.  We may be able to hold them under 30, but we could very easily go full Indy shutout or will simply just stall enough offensively that the defense can't keep up. Be prepared for another first round disappointment. This offense stinks.

I'm a Seattle fan and we are way too inconsistent for us to have any confidence especially away from Clink...

• Like 1

Well we sure as hell are due a game where we put it all together. If the D steps up like it did against N.O. and the offense finally gets its red zone act together, we could win with the home field. But the D needs the support of the offense. Long drives, control of the clock. That's what it took against the Saints.

12 minutes ago, SDG said:

I'm a Seattle fan and we are way too inconsistent for us to have any confidence especially away from Clink...

There's nothing more consistent that Cowboy failure in the playoffs.  They'll either play like shit and get killed or will play okay and get fucked by stupid penalties, bad calls, heart wrenching turnovers, or some new creative way to fuck it up. And it's also consistent that the ginger idiot will clap on the sideline saying nothing and doing nothing else but being a shitty coach who can't win playoff games.

Seattle is going to crush us.  We may be able to hold them under 30, but we could very easily go full Indy shutout or will simply just stall enough offensively that the defense can't keep up. Be prepared for another first round disappointment. This offense stinks.
Seattle is not crushing anyone on the road. We will win.
  • Like 1

There's nothing more consistent that Cowboy failure in the playoffs.  They'll either play like shit and get killed or will play okay and get fucked by stupid penalties, bad calls, heart wrenching turnovers, or some new creative way to fuck it up. And it's also consistent that the ginger idiot will clap on the sideline saying nothing and doing nothing else but being a shitty coach who can't win playoff games.
Well you might as well not even watch the game.

I admire y’all hanging onto your optimism after getting your nuts stomped on repeatedly for two decades.  dak and the cowboys beating the seahawks in a playoff game?  

5% chance of us winning, and that hinges on the 5% chance that dak gets hurt early and mike white puts on his cape. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, futureman said:

I admire y’all hanging onto your optimism after getting your nuts stomped on repeatedly for two decades.  dak and the cowboys beating the seahawks in a playoff game?  

5% chance of us winning, and that hinges on the 5% chance that dak gets hurt early and mike white puts on his cape. 

Is Dak the holder on FG's or XP's?

43 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
47 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well you might as well not even watch the game.

I'm all in and apparently a glutton for punishment. I watch Bedlam every year knowing we will lose by blowout or in gut wrenching fashion.  Same for the Dallas Cowboys. They will lose in one of those two ways. There is nothing that makes me think the offense will play well, and ginger+linehan guarantee it won't be good enough for a playoff run. We were very recently shut out by fucking Indianapolis. Seattle is much better than fucking Indy. I don't think it will be a shut out or even a blowout. I think it will be a close heartbreaker that ends on a bullshit call or something fucked up like a missed extra point or goalline fumble. Like every bedlam game I will watch in horror hoping upon hope that this is the year it doesn't go the usual way but always knowing the chances of that are almost nil.

Edited by 'stache

Nick Foles' legend grows in likely goodbye to Philly

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/26744/nick-foles-legend-grows-in-likely-goodbye-to-philly

Our next QB? Returns to his home state and the team he rooted for his entire life (just guessing about that)?  He could get us a few more SBs until Mike White is ready to dominate the next decade.

Mike White isn't just another backup QB, but potential starter in 2019

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/08/dallas-cowboys-mike-white-western-kentucky-dak-prescott-2018-nfl-draft-cooper-rush/

Okay,  just a bit optimistic here, but if Jones doesn't talk with Foles while he's negotiating with Prescott, he's nuts.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

19 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/08/dallas-cowboys-mike-white-western-kentucky-dak-prescott-2018-nfl-draft-cooper-rush/

Okay,  just a bit optimistic here, but if Jones doesn't talk with Foles while he's negotiating with Prescott, he's nuts.

BOOM MOTHERFUCKER

With Jason Witten and Dez Bryant gone, 2018 has become a huge year for Prescott; he must show he is the leader of the offense and capable of putting the team on his back.

If he can’t, all bets could be off for 2019.

so I guess it looks like all bets are off. 

Edited by futureman

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

What happens if Philly wins and Seattle and Minnesota lose. Vikes are out — who is 5 and who is 6?

If Minn loses, and Seattle wins, Seattle is in. If Seattle loses and Minn wins, Minn and Seattle are in, I think. If Philly wins and Minn loses, the Eagles are in. Surely the Eagles wouldn't play the Cowboys since they're in our division.

53 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Nick Foles' legend grows in likely goodbye to Philly

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/26744/nick-foles-legend-grows-in-likely-goodbye-to-philly

Our next QB? Returns to his home state and the team he rooted for his entire life (just guessing about that)?  He could get us a few more SBs until Mike White is ready to dominate the next decade.

Haven't you asked that question about Foles before on this very thread?

Redskins cut D.J. Swearinger. Any interest there?

As the Eagles snuck by the Texans on a last-second field goal, what was spiritually official a month ago became actually official: The Skins can’t make the playoffs. Surely the team will fit a lot of infighting into the season’s final week. It’s already started by the release of a Pro Bowl player on Christmas Eve.

Washington safety D.J. Swearinger has tended to be honest about how he feels. He was mad that his defensive teammate Kendall Fuller was traded to the Chiefs. He was open about how he and his team’s defense “don’t get respect”in November after the Cowboys hung 31 on them. He was also one of many Skins players who publicly groused after a fourth straight loss earlier in December. After Saturday’s loss to the Titans, Swearinger criticized defensive coordinator Greg Manusky’s playcalling for treating Titans QB Blaine Gabbert like a person who demanded respect and not endless blitzes. Here’s what the safety said, via NBC Sports Washington:

https://deadspin.com/skins-cut-d-j-swearinger-after-hes-honest-about-the-te-1831299421

2 hours ago, futureman said:

who would you rather play

When is the last time the Cowboys ever beat anybody three times in one season? Have they ever done it? I know they couldn't against the Giants in 2008.

Seems a moot point anyway. I don't think there's any scenario where we'd match up with them at least in the wild card round.

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

When is the last time the Cowboys ever beat anybody three times in one season? Have they ever done it? I know they couldn't against the Giants in 2008.

Seems a moot point anyway. I don't think there's any scenario where we'd match up with them at least in the wild card round.

They beat the Eagles 3x in 2010, actually having beat them in week 17 then again the very next week.   The headlines the whole week focused on if they could beat a team 3 times in a season.   

31-14 later, we had our answer.  The.Favre rick-rolled our ass the next week in Minneapolis.   

36 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Haven't you asked that question about Foles before on this very thread?

Yeah. I got two responses. One was a quote from Jones in 2016 that Foles wasn't right for the Cowboys and the other said he was under contract to the Eagles next year, neither of which are correct.

Foles vs. Prescott is a tough choice in my mind. Part of the answer depends on how much money each wants. I'm no longer convinced Dak is the QB of the future and I think we should explore all possibilities, one of which is Foles making us highly competitive for several more years while White matures into a passing QB ala Mahones. I think White's stats in college were probably better than Foles' albeit against lesser competition.

As soon as the season ends, the talk is going to turn to what to do about the QB next season. As far as I'm concerned, the sooner we bring it up the better. Don't know the intricacies of NFL free agency, but it seems that Foles could be signed by somebody one week after the season ends. If that's a possibility, you've got to have Foles in the discussion as a bargaining chip against Dak's next contract. So a lot of shit will have to happen all at once.

I think some team is going to pay Foles crazy stupid money. I think he fits for that system with limited use. I don't think he's a pro bowl type if he were to play out entire seasons. I could be wrong but I don't think it's worth what someone will pay him. I continue to think Dak has potential but if Foles is gettable for a reasonable price and wants to be here I wouldn't at all be against it, especially if some other team overvalues Dak.

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I think some team is going to pay Foles crazy stupid money. I think he fits for that system with limited use. I don't think he's a pro bowl type if he were to play out entire seasons. I could be wrong but I don't think it's worth what someone will pay him. I continue to think Dak has potential but if Foles is gettable for a reasonable price and wants to be here I wouldn't at all be against it, especially if some other team overvalues Dak.

Exactly. Just as some team could offer Foles big money, couldn't one offer Dak crazy money? We need one of the two. Which one wants to play here the worst. Who'll give up a little salary to help Jones pay for the rest of the team? I suppose Dak could get his feelings hurt and go elsewhere, but that's always a possibility in any negotiation like this.

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Exactly. Just as some team could offer Foles big money, couldn't one offer Dak crazy money? We need one of the two. Which one wants to play here the worst. Who'll give up a little salary to help Jones pay for the rest of the team?

Maybe we’ll be able to trade Dak to some team like Miami for a 1st.  

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Maybe we’ll be able to trade Dak to some team like Miami for a 1st.  

In a contract year? Only if we were to sign both to contracts, then trade one. That sounds like an idea. Dak likes this team and Foles is from Texas. We've got a edge on the NFL. Hope Jones uses it.

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Way to float over an article from fucking May, shithead.   He can’t even surpass worthless Gingersnap as QB2.  

if he sucked he wouldn’t be on the 53.  it’s pretty clear you’re far too stupid to understand how these things work.  it’s not a matter of if but when.  mike white is going to start.  my guess is week 3-4 next season is when he takes over, and it should get us through to around 2035 before we need to worry about our next franchise quarterback. 

oh, and never question me again. 

Edited by futureman

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

They beat the Eagles 3x in 2010, actually having beat them in week 17 then again the very next week.   The headlines the whole week focused on if they could beat a team 3 times in a season.   

31-14 later, we had our answer.  The.Favre rick-rolled our ass the next week in Minneapolis.   

Dammit, I should've remembered that. I was there for the playoff game!

2 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Yeah. I got two responses. One was a quote from Jones in 2016 that Foles wasn't right for the Cowboys and the other said he was under contract to the Eagles next year, neither of which are correct.

Foles vs. Prescott is a tough choice in my mind. Part of the answer depends on how much money each wants. I'm no longer convinced Dak is the QB of the future and I think we should explore all possibilities, one of which is Foles making us highly competitive for several more years while White matures into a passing QB ala Mahones. I think White's stats in college were probably better than Foles' albeit against lesser competition.

As soon as the season ends, the talk is going to turn to what to do about the QB next season. As far as I'm concerned, the sooner we bring it up the better. Don't know the intricacies of NFL free agency, but it seems that Foles could be signed by somebody one week after the season ends. If that's a possibility, you've got to have Foles in the discussion as a bargaining chip against Dak's next contract. So a lot of shit will have to happen all at once.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Foles also has an extremely competent offensive coaching staff in Philly that he would NOT have (at least not right now) in Dallas. I still don't think he's worth hitching your wagon to based off the short sample run to the SB win and a couple of games this year. I think he's JAG -- much like Dak.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Foles also has an extremely competent offensive coaching staff in Philly that he would NOT have (at least not right now) in Dallas. I still don't think he's worth hitching your wagon to based off the short sample run to the SB win and a couple of games this year. I think he's JAG -- much like Dak.

I mostly agree but foles has done it with more than one OC.  don’t forget he had a great year with chip kelly in philly as well.  I don’t think that necessarily means that he’d do well with linehan and/or garrett but at least his success is not limited to doug pederson. 

oh, and he also led a playoff run and is a super bowl MVP.  he is no way, shape, or form on dak’s level.  dak is slightly below blake bortles. 

the whole point of putting money/drafting OL high, taking Zeke at #4, a few reaches in the draft on D is so that you don't have to pay peyton manning money or need a peyton manning at the QB position.  Dak is average.  if he wants to take average QB money, so we can spread some money elsewhere, I'm on board. If he wants top 5 or even top 10 we need to be exploring options.

do you think Joe Flacco could take this team to the playoffs?

the whole point of putting money/drafting OL high, taking Zeke at #4, a few reaches in the draft on D is so that you don't have to pay peyton manning money or need a peyton manning at the QB position.  Dak is average.  if he wants to take average QB money, so we can spread some money elsewhere, I'm on board. If he wants top 5 or even top 10 we need to be exploring options.
Wanting and getting are two different things. He's not getting top money no matter how much he wants. Unless he has an incredible year next year.

All things equal, Joe Flacco would be light years better than Dak in this offense. His salary is totally out of whack compared to Dak but sheer talent he’s on another level than Dak, or at least used to be.

dak would have already washed out of the league without the o-line and zeke providing an elite rushing attack.  

he’d be back in mississippi at starkville high cutting his teeth with the JV squad, hoping to get on the varsity staff in a few years. 

Edited by futureman

4 hours ago, futureman said:

dak would have already washed out of the league without the o-line and zeke providing an elite rushing attack.  

he’d be back in mississippi at starkville high cutting his teeth with the JV squad, hoping to get on the varsity staff in a few years. 

Harsh man.  Very harsh.

All things equal, Joe Flacco would be light years better than Dak in this offense. His salary is totally out of whack compared to Dak but sheer talent he’s on another level than Dak, or at least used to be.

Lmao! Joe Flacco is a one year wonder fucking overpaid bum. Dak schooled him his rookie year.