Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, Drew said:

I think the "NFC east is horrible" take is a bit outdated.  They had 3 teams in the playoff race last weekend and might still get a 2nd team in. The AFC East and NFC South are bad.  The NFC North is in the same boat(maybe getting a 2nd team in), the NFC West isn't that much better either.  I don't think the NFC East is one of the worst divisions, it's not worst than middle of the pack.

The difference is in each of those divisions you have a clear cut division leader that has been better than the Cowboys this season. Cowboys are a mediocre team leading a division of garbage while teams like the Patriots, Bears, and Saints have been good teams leading bad divisions. Those teams would be destroying this division too if you put them in the cowboys place, and I don't think we could say the cowboys would be definitely winning the NFC north or NFC south if they were swapped out with their division champions before the season. 

AFC east yes, any division title winner in the game would be destroying that shit division. Only one worse than NFC east IMO. 

dak is not good.  if you wanna argue his rookie stats and his ability to steer a bus that is hitched to ezekiel elliott as reason for him being a good qb then you’re a moron.  

dak is a below average player surrounded by an above average team.  every bit of success the team has had is in spite of him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, futureman said:

dak is not good.  if you wanna argue his rookie stats and his ability to steer a bus that is hitched to ezekiel elliott as reason for him being a good qb then you’re a moron.  

dak is a below average player surrounded by an above average team.  every bit of success the team has had is in spite of him. 

I'm not as down on Dak as most of your posts, but I agree on this.  Anyone that thinks Dak is the reason for the 30 wins deserves a Jerry Jones managed team.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2018 at 3:56 PM, futureman said:

dumb, sweet Vic.  bless your heart. using jean-jacques taylor to prop up your argument.  you poor child. 

But who are you, though? You are an internet troll in every thread you go into. You are a nobody whose opinion no one gives a shit about. I'll respect JJT over you any day of the week, no matter how illiterate he can be.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

But who are you, though? You are an internet troll in every thread you go into. You are a nobody whose opinion no one gives a shit about. I'll respect JJT over you any day of the week, no matter how illiterate he can be.

excuse you, sir, but I’m very well respected and to be honest, kind of a big deal.  and you fuck women nobody else will. 

16 hours ago, 'stache said:

"Wins are a team stat not a QB stat."

Don't tell the Romo haters that. Romo is a loser and Trent Dilfer is a winner, cause playoffs and superbowls.

Romo wasnt a regular season loser. He was a good regular season QB. He just happened to be a loser whenever the season was on the line and the pressure increased. 

So far Dak hasnt had many games with that pressure but in his lone playoff game he went score for score with Aaron Rodgers and had a better game than Romo ever had in a "win or go home" situation. Dak is also one of the best QBs in the 4th quarter of games that are +- 7 points. If that carries to the playoffs and the defense carries to the playoffs they have a better chance of making a run than any team with Romo as QB. 

• Like 1

Dak is not back up level. he is an average to slightly below average starting NFL QB.  If he was back up level they wouldn't have won 13 games his rookie year.  Garrett can't win with back up level QB play.

that said, the only way you win a super bowl with an average QB is to not pay him top 5 or 10 level contract.  we'll see what Jones does.  not holding out much hope that he's completely learned his lesson.  He'll want to be the guy that "found" Dak just like he wants to be the guy that "found" Garrett.  Parcells got the credit for Romo.

Edited by dcar00

Monken might be a good candidate for the Cowboys OC next year. Tampa is gonna hire a new staff, he'll be job hunting. He has experience with college spread stuff and NFL offenses, possibly could blend concepts to fit Dak, He got some nice offensive production from two totally different styles of QB at Tampa.

Edited by DougO

7 minutes ago, DougO said:

Monken might be a good candidate for the Cowboys OC next year. Tampa is gonna hire a new staff, he'll be job hunting. He has experience with college spread stuff and NFL offenses, possibly could blend concepts to fit Dak, He got some nice offensive production from two totally different styles of QB at Tampa.

I would cut off one of Jerrah's legs to get Monken but he's getting buzz as a HC.  If he doesn't get one, let Jerrah overpay for him and keep Red clapping in another room while he coaches up Dak.

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I would cut off one of Jerrah's legs to get Monken but he's getting buzz as a HC.  If he doesn't get one, let Jerrah overpay for him and keep Red clapping in another room while he coaches up Dak.

Yea, this makes too much sense to happen. Especially now that the ginger's earned himself another 5 year extension. Jerry will probably fire Linehan to get everyone excited and then promote Kellen Moore to OC, or some shit like that. 

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I wonder if the packers will interview him

11 hours ago, taybo20 said:

I wonder if the packers will interview him

The Packers list of interviews is quite unimpressive so far. They will likely look for a traditional west coast offense guy. They didn't pick the right year to be looking for a new head coach for Rodgers.

1 minute ago, DougO said:

The Packers list of interviews is quite unimpressive so far. They will likely look for a traditional west coast offense guy. They didn't pick the right year to be looking for a new head coach for Rodgers.

So their list can only get better? Haha. 

Thought this was fun, Romo's preseason prediction on the Cowboys: https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Tony-Romo-makes-predictions-for-2018-NFL-season-121450029/

Romo's Cowboys record prediction: 10-6. "I think the Cowboys will be good," Romo confirmed. "I think their defense is gonna be really good. This could be the best defense they’ve had since the 90's." Romo did note that he hadn't seen the schedule, which is admittedly difficult. The Cowboys will have to play against the difficult AFC South and NFC South this season, but his faith in the defense is well placed after the starters allowed only three points in three games in the preseason.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Love it..... but he did pick Green Bay over Jacksonville in the SB, so let's not crown him yet....

I'm glad that defense that has looked exhausted for the previous 2+ games starting in the 4th vs the eagles was able to get zero rest in this game and looked even more exhausted getting worked by suck ass Eli Manning. 

I wouldn't count on dominance from the defense we saw in the 5 game winning streak. They're just too worn out. Winning in the playoffs is going to be all on Dak and Zeke's shoulders. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I'm glad that defense that has looked exhausted for the previous 2+ games starting in the 4th vs the eagles was able to get zero rest in this game and looked even more exhausted getting worked by suck ass Eli Manning. 

I wouldn't count on dominance from the defense we saw in the 5 game winning streak. They're just too worn out. Winning in the playoffs is going to be all on Dak and Zeke's shoulders. 

Who the fuck are you gonna play all game when you get to dress 46 you fucking twat.  You want to fucking rest everyone.  Well, what happens when the fucking backups get hurt and you have no depth in the playoffs and your starters get absolutely no rest?   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Who the fuck are you gonna play all game when you get to dress 46 you fucking twat.  You want to fucking rest everyone.  Well, what happens when the fucking backups get hurt and you have no depth in the playoffs and your starters get absolutely no rest?   

He threw a bitchy temper tantrum because he wanted us to purposely lose, play no one at all (not real possible with a 46man active roster, all to keep the Giants 2 spots lower in the draft because they are going to draft one of the spare QBs in this class that will shred us for the next decade lmao.

You will have people constantly bitching about something, no matter what. We went from 3-5 to 10-6 and a home playoff game and there's this shit. And then futureman and his diarrhea every post about Dak being the worst ever.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

He threw a bitchy temper tantrum because he wanted us to purposely lose, play no one at all (not real possible with a 46man active roster, all to keep the Giants 2 spots lower in the draft because they are going to draft one of the spare QBs in this class that will shred us for the next decade lmao.

You will have people constantly bitching about something, no matter what. We went from 3-5 to 10-6 and a home playoff game and there's this shit. And then futureman and his diarrhea every post about Dak being the worst ever.

Oh I know he did.  That was the bitchiest Of takes I’ve ever seen in the game thread.   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You rest Lawrence, both LB, both starting CBs, and possibly Gregory at minimum. You restrict your starting DTs as much as possible. 

On offense you rest Zeke, Dak, Martin, Smith, Sua Filo, Cooper, Beasely. 

I didn't think I had to clarify that resting the defense and offense means you rest your heavy lifters who carry the load every week not every single fucking player. Guess I overestimated your basic understanding of the game. 

Like playing cards with my sister's kids for fuck sake. 

10 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Oh I know he did.  That was the bitchiest Of takes I’ve ever seen in the game thread.   

So gifting your division rival a 4th to 6th overall pick instead of a 8th to 12th when they are a legit QB away from potentially running your ass into the ground for a few years all while not resting an exhausted defense and risking your starting QB in a meaningless game is a bitchy take? 

Nope, you're just a fucking moron. 

Questioning the snaps played by key starters is a legitimate criticism.

Complaining about allowing the Giants to improve their draft position in what looks to be one of the weakest QB classes in several years is silly. If the Giants want Haskins or whoever is QB1, they'll scrounge up the capital to get him.

Edited by Machinator

1 minute ago, Junior Miller said:

So gifting your division rival a 4th to 6th overall pick instead of a 8th to 12th when they are a legit QB away from potentially running your ass into the ground for a few years all while not resting an exhausted defense and risking your starting QB in a meaningless game is a bitchy take? 

You are very smart boy and know so much more than the rest of us. I really like the strategy of resting players, it's worked really well for us in 2016 and 2014.

The more rest the better, I always say. Momentum, confidence, and getting reps are just an illusion. I would rest the players 8-10 games a year. Also, it's important to lose to division rivals otherwise they will get a better draft pick, cause that's what really matters. Now that I think about it, the cowboys should aim to get a top 5 pick every year. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

No, your take is “Full Regard”  level idiocy mixed with unparalleled bitchassedness.   Who fucking cares about them getting 2 spots better in this year’s draft when they could have drafted a QB last year.   

In fact, if Cleveland weren’t so fucking dumb then NY wouldn’t even have Barkley.  Cleveland could’ve drafted Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 4, but they didn’t. 

But the thing NYG didn’t do is draft a QB in a much better draft in which to draft QB.  Fuck it, I hope they win 7 games next year so they can’t draft Tua.  But they aren’t getting Tua this year, or any other QB that projects well into the league.   So fuck off with your nuclear fallout rant from earlier.    

And on benching thay many people for the whole game, 14 of 53 by your count, you come to a game with 39 guys dressed.   Sounds like a great way to fuck yourself sideways if two or three people get hurt.