heh. 2014 draft 

Bortles (3)

Johnny Football (22) - Browns

Bridgewater (32) - Vikings

Carr (36) - Raiders

Garoppolo (62) - Patriots

Logan Thomas (120) - Cardinals

Tom Savage (135) - Texans

bunch of shitty SEC qbs - Aaron Murray, AJ Mccaren, Zach Mettenburger ect..

I don't understand how our defense looked so shitty at the beginning of the year, but is now playing exactly how I anticipated. Offense is still not as good as the sum of it's parts though. 

What fucking parts? We can’t block for shit, have 2.5 healthy receivers and 2 running backs with subpar vision. It’s a miracle we are able to do anything on offense.

Just now, Fico said:

What fucking parts? We can’t block for shit, have 2.5 healthy receivers and 2 running backs with subpar vision. It’s a miracle we are able to do anything on offense.

Our skill position players are as good as anybody in the league. The line is horrible though, so you have a point. 

Our skill position players are as good as anybody in the league. The line is horrible though, so you have a point. 

You mean Hopkins with a foot injury? Or Fuller with a reoccurring hamstring? Or Coutee with a reoccurring hamstring? Or two rookie tight ends?

What we have been able to piece together on offense is a miracle, with the unexplainable inability to score touchdowns.

23 minutes ago, Fico said:

You mean Hopkins with a foot injury? Or Fuller with a reoccurring hamstring? Or Coutee with a reoccurring hamstring? Or two rookie tight ends?

What we have been able to piece together on offense is a miracle, with the unexplainable inability to score touchdowns.

So I guess I found Bill O'Brien's Surly username. 

1 hour ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

I don't understand how our defense looked so shitty at the beginning of the year, but is now playing exactly how I anticipated. Offense is still not as good as the sum of it's parts though. 

Probably because you had Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus coming off of injury and none of those guys played much in the preseason. Then you had the secondary upheaval. The OL is trash so the offense will never be consistent. The Texans need CB and OL in the next draft.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Probably because you had Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus coming off of injury and none of those guys played much in the preseason. Then you had the secondary upheaval. The OL is trash so the offense will never be consistent. The Texans need CB and OL in the next draft.

Good OL helps the CB issues.

So I guess I found Bill O'Brien's Surly username. 

What are you trying to imply here?

We have the worst OL in football, our star receiver is hurt, our 2nd receiver is hurt, or 3rd receiver is hurt, literally every other receiver on our roster not named Sammie Coats is hurt.

Miller is an average at best running back, who played well today admittedly.

Watson is saving this offense, all though he make you want to pull your hair out at times.

We need OL help in the worst way as well as CB help.

Your statement about offensive talent was factually incorrect.

51 minutes ago, Fico said:

What are you trying to imply here?

We have the worst OL in football, our star receiver is hurt, our 2nd receiver is hurt, or 3rd receiver is hurt, literally every other receiver on our roster not named Sammie Coats is hurt.

Miller is an average at best running back, who played well today admittedly.

Watson is saving this offense, all though he make you want to pull your hair out at times.

We need OL help in the worst way as well as CB help.

Your statement about offensive talent was factually incorrect.

Bill O'Brien is the head coach, offensive guy, and the play caller. The facts are the following:

Using Football Outsiders efficiency ratings. 

Defense 

2014 - 6th

2015 - 8th

2016 - 9th

2017 - 23rd

2018 - 8th

Offense

2014 - 21st

2015 - 24th

2016 - 30th

2017 - 24th

2018 - 27th

It's more than our shit offensive line and health dude. O'Brien is fucking terrible and has been his entire tenure. That's what I'm implying. Watson and our WR corp is too damn good to be 27th in the league in offensive efficiency. 

• Like 1

It really isn’t dude.

The OL has been shit since we got a quarterback who wasn’t shit.

All of that is beside the point, you made a statement that is demonstrably false. You were called on it and now you are hemhawing about god knows what.

We are not one of the most talented offenses in the league. That is plain and simple.

We have a good young quarterback, one of the best receivers in the league, who is hurt, and a good number 2, who is hurt. Literally every other member of the offense is replaceable.

Nobody is defending Bill O’Brien.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

2 hours ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

26 minutes ago, Fico said:

It really isn’t dude.

All of that is beside the point, you made a statement that is demonstrably false. You were called on it and now you are hemhawing about god knows what.

We are not one of the most talented offenses in the league. That is plain and simple.

We have a good young quarterback, one of the best receivers in the league, who is hurt, and a good number 2, who is hurt. Literally every other member of the offense is replaceable.

That's not what I said dumb ass. Our skill position players are as good as anybody in the league. Watson, Hopkins, Fuller, Coutee, and Miller stack up with just about anybody. I conceded our shit O-Line, which is part of the offense, like a big part. You haven't conceded you're an idiot for making a mountain out of a fucking mole hill from such an innocuous post by me saying our offense isn't playing up to the sum of it's parts. Unless you really believe 27th best offense in the NFL is our ceiling. 

Have a nice day Bill O'Brien's wife. 

That's not what I said dumb ass. Our skill position players are as good as anybody in the league. Watson, Hopkins, Fuller, Coutee, and Miller stack up with just about anybody. I conceded our shit O-Line, which is part of the offense, like a big part. You haven't conceded you're an idiot for making a mountain out of a fucking mole hill from such an innocuous post by me saying our offense isn't playing up to the sum of it's parts. Unless you really believe 27th best offense in the NFL is our ceiling. 

Have a nice day Bill O'Brien's wife. 

Ok guy.

A top 5 receiver, who is injured, and a good number 2, also injured, equals skill players as good as anyone in the league.

Miller is a fucking jag, he has been since he has been here. We currently don’t even have a #3 receiver, much less a #4 or #5 and two rookie tighteneds. Fucking killer skill talent indeed.

With all of that “talent” nobody is indicating that we are doing anything other than under performing on that side of the ball. So take your tampon out and realize you have no fucking clue what you’re talking about you, fucking twat.

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Fico said:

Ok guy.

A top 5 receiver, who is injured, and a good number 2, also injured, equals skill players as good as anyone in the league.

Miller is a fucking jag, he has been since he has been here. We currently don’t even have a #3 receiver, much less a #4 or #5 and two rookie tighteneds. Fucking killer skill talent indeed.

With all of that “talent” nobody is indicating that we are doing anything other than under performing on that side of the ball. So take your tampon out and realize you have no fucking clue what you’re talking about you, fucking twat.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24045670/ranking-nfl-best-worst-offensive-arsenals-weapons-2018

ESPN had us 12 coming into the season without having a clue Coutee would look as good as he has. Seems I'm not the only one who thinks our offensive weapons are pretty damn good. 

4 hours ago, Fico said:

It really isn’t dude.

Coutee is a damn good slot, I wouldn't want to replace him, nor the rookie TEs. The OL could be replaced from LT to RT though.

• Like 1

Coutee has been healthy in what, two games?

I don't think anyone would call being ranked 12 out of 32 as "pretty damn good".

19 hours ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

Offense is still not as good as the sum of it's parts though. 

This notion that we are vastly under-performing with our given talent level is a false narrative.  As pointed out above, a sub-par OL negates most advantages in the skill talent arena, and what we have trotted out on the OL is worse than that.  Secondly, we cannot claim to have superior skill talent, if none of those players can stay on the field.  The offense has been absolutely as good as the sum of it's parts.  The vast majority of the parts that are on the field consistently, are shit. 

All that said, BOB should let a drunk 5 year old call plays in goal-to-go situations, as we would have a better chance of scoring touchdowns.

OL, CB, and WR help is needed very badly.

18 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

The O-line pass blocking schemes are Trash.  They are not terrible at run blocking but our Tackles are awful against any decent pass rusher.  Our defense is good enough to keep us in any game except against an elite offense like KC, Rams, or Patriots.  Those teams would beat Texans every time.  O'Brien is completely inadequate as an offensive coach.  Texans will never beat an elite team with him.  Nice win yesterday but the truth is Jacksonville is playing like one of the worst teams in the league.  Texans offense only had 280 yards.  One positive is the Texans actually scored 2 red zone TDs yesterday.   Another positive is all their division games have been played on the road.  It is there division to lose based on the schedule.  Assuming they stay healthy, I expect the offense to get better 2nd half of season as Watson is starting to play better.  

Negative: stuck with O'Brien 

12 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Well fuck me, I guess we were all wrong. The same 0-3 team that elicited so much scorn and internet derision has won five straight to put itself in the driver's seat to win the AFC South. How is this even possible?

They will finish 9-7, but win a shitty division, and get blown out in the playoffs. Losing Fuller is going to cripple this offense. It might be time to move on from him, can't stay healthy.

imgur

Edited by HtownHorn