2018 Houston Texans Season Thread

tx 3 putt

34 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

You can't be serious.

But I see his comment that you negged, so you could be retarded.

Considering Hopkins just went 10 for 170 for 2 TDs I think you both need to take a lap. 

But sorry if I'm retarded for thinking that one of the top 3 receivers in the NFL needs substantial work week to week with our #2-#4 wideout options sitting on the bench.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Considering Hopkins just went 10 for 170 for 2 TDs I think you both need to take a lap. 

But sorry if I'm retarded for thinking that one of the top 3 receivers in the NFL needs substantial work week to week with our #2-#4 wideout options sitting on the bench.

Hope Hopkins is healthy for the tilt in Philly next Sunday. Having an extra day of rest this week should help.

9 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Texans are in control of their own destiny with the Pats loss. 2 wins @ Philadelphia and at home versus the Jags and we get a bye and home field in 2nd round. Very doable.

Reminds me of that time the Texans had the inside track to the #1 seed and lost all their remaining games and ended up hosting a wildcard game.

25 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Reminds me of that time the Texans had the inside track to the #1 seed and lost all their remaining games and ended up hosting a wildcard game.

Reminds me of that time the Oilers started the season 1-4 and everyone was pissed and the DC punched the OC on national TV and then they ran the table to finish 12-4 and earn the best playoff seeding in franchise/city history only to lose 14-6 to Joe Montana's KC Chiefs in the divisional round at the Astrodome.  

I submit that was even more heartbreaking and maddening than the Buffalo debacle.

Keith f'n Cash, man.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Reminds me of that time the Oilers started the season 1-4 and everyone was pissed and the DC punched the OC on national TV and then they ran the table to finish 12-4 and earn the best playoff seeding in franchise/city history only to lose 14-6 to Joe Montana's KC Chiefs in the divisional round at the Astrodome.  

I submit that was even more heartbreaking and maddening than the Buffalo debacle.

Keith f'n Cash, man.

I have little recollection of that game with the Chiefs.  I can tell you precisely where I was, what I was doing, and remember way too many specific plays from the Bills game.  It left the word “Collapse” seared in my flesh with a capital C.

36 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Keith f'n Cash, man.

This man knows his history. I was a freshman in college and that loss felt worse to me too. I was so depressed I got food truck Chinese food across from my dorm. In hindsight, that was the end the Houston Oilers as they announced their move a 1.5 years later.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

This man knows his history. I was a freshman in college and that loss felt worse to me. I was so depressed I got food truck Chinese food across from my dorm.

I got the score way wrong though. It was actually 28-20 but the thing I remember is the first half lead they blew. They allowed 21 4th quarter KC points. Claaaaaasic Oilers.

Edited by Gourmand

42 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Keith f'n Cash, man.

28-20. Moon was sacked 9 times.

45 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Keith f'n Cash, man.

Respectfully disagree.

Also you're referring to Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride. Kevin Gilbride went on to win two SBs with the Giants ('07, '11).

18 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I was at that game. It sucked. Keith cash killed us 

Remember him spiking the football on the Buddy Ryan “46 defense” banner that a fan had made. That was another thing superior about the old NFL. They used to let fans bring signs and banners back then and put them on the overhangs 

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Keith f'n Cash, man.

Montana burned him on one blitz and Buddy Ryan turtled up for the rest of the game.

line opens at pk.  good time for some emotional hedging.

here's one memory each from buffalo/kc:

bills game - a bunch of us were at my house and we went outside during halftime to throw the ball around or whatever.  it was such a laugher, we almost didn't rush back inside for the 2nd half.  when bubba mcdowell had his int return to make it 35-3 we were so glad we did.

kc game - back at my house (how did we let this happen?).  one of our buddies had gotten his hands on a cassette tape of the "houston oilers" song.  we had it all cued and ready to go when we scored a td.  but if i recall correctly, our opening drive stalled, and we ended up kicking a fg.  despite promises we made to ourselves to only play it when we scored a td, we did it anyway on the fg.  so great while it lasted.   

while the buffalo game was devastating, the chiefs game does hurt more, because that team seemed better, and destined to go to the superbowl.

I hadn’t realized that both the Oilers and Texans are a collective 0 for against the Eagles. Remember that Monday night game against the Eagles in 1991 at the Dome. They had that awesome defense with Reggie White, Clyde Simmons, Jerome Brown and Andre Dirty Waters. Randall Cunningham was hurt and they had a shitty backup but because of their defense they kicked our ass on our own field. Payback time 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

If the ESPN playoff machine is right, Houston has 3 paths to the top AFC spot.

1. Houston wins in week 16 & 17 and both KC and LAC lose in week 16 and 17.  HOU wins the AFC straight up without a tie-breaker.  This seems unlikely that KC and LAC go 0-4 to close out the season.

2. Houston wins in week 16 & 17 and in week 17 KC loses to Oakland and LAC loses to Denver.  They all end up with the same record but HOU has the tiebreaker in this scenario.  

3.  There is another scenario where HOU loses to Philly but beats Jax and both KC/LAC lose out.  and NE has to lose another game.   Otherwise NE takes the top spot.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie