2018 Houston Texans Season Thread

tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Deshaun is going to drag BoB's fatass to a Super Bowl just like Rodgers did for McCarthy. 

He won't get fired because his QB is too much of a fucking baller. I have zero doubt we would have at least sent this to OT without that horrific choke job by the D. 

Deshaun has his flaws as well, but better play calling could potentially help him out.

1 minute ago, WBT said:

A Houston NFL fan taunting Frank Reich was an interesting choice

Yeah I wouldn't call myself an NFL fan, nor a Houston fan, fuck them. They chose Mario Williams over Vince Young. They named themselves "Texans" and went for that pathetic bull logo.

Really I just root for college players I like in the NFL, like Deshaun Watson. Hope he gets a new head coach and offensive coordinator ASAP. They no longer have Rick Smith, so maybe with a new HC they will build something legit around Watson. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AT THE HANDS OF A FUCKING AGGY

left tackle moved to start with, Gronk being in on defense was stupid, aggy wasn't going throw the ball 80 yards and #27 for the Patriots should have his ass kicked for standing there waiting for  another lateral when he could have tackled the guy.

6 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Someone explain the neutral zone infraction. I thought the infraction had to cause the offense to immediately jump, not stand there and point.

here's the explanation ... Clowney is not disciplined enough or not smart enough to stay onside. Luck has gotten him five times this season. That "play" is likely in the Colts' playbook as "Clowney Special."

Just now, Jacob McCandles said:

here's the explanation ... Clowney is not disciplined enough or not smart enough to stay onside. Luck has gotten him five times this season. That "play" is likely in the Colts' playbook as "Clowney Special."

yea, we all know that but nobody on the oline jumped, they all just stood there and pointed.

23 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Yeah I wouldn't call myself an NFL fan, nor a Houston fan, fuck them. They chose Mario Williams over Vince Young. They named themselves "Texans" and went for that pathetic bull logo.

Really I just root for college players I like in the NFL, like Deshaun Watson. Hope he gets a new head coach and offensive coordinator ASAP. They no longer have Rick Smith, so maybe with a new HC they will build something legit around Watson. 

Don’t forget about the bold color scheme of red, white and blue. Sorry. Battle red, liberty white and deep steel blue. LMFAO. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Don’t forget about the bold color scheme of red, white and blue. Sorry. Battle red, liberty white and deep steel blue. LMFAO. 

Could've been the HOUSTON HURRICANES, used any sort of cool color schemes. Instead, they went for Patriots lite, just like their whole team philosophy. I do like their font I guess, the numbers on the field look cool.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Houston Rustlers would have been awesome.

I think Toros was the runner up choice, which is why they have the bull logo.

I've always guessed they have the bull logo because Hispanics like bulls, the marketing people probably figured that out. They wear Chicago bulls gear and love longhorns gear down there in Mexico. I always bring a few longhorns hats to trade when I go down South to surf. Toros would've been cool, but the Houston Texans sounds silly. 

9 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Oh cool. It's the "Texans have a horrible name and logo" discussion by non-Houston fans that happens every 3rd page.

Only thing missing now is "they should have paid whatever amount of money to get the Oilers logo back !!1!"

Having said what I said above, I would not be opposed to getting the Oilers name and colors back in Houston and re-naming the team.

1 hour ago, Stella Link said:

They SHOULD be the favorites against the Jets.  But I'm still not sold on this team.  They still can't win against quality teams.  

If they make the playoffs, it will be one and done again....

eh, just need to avoid 4/5 game (chargers). 

home vs balt/indy/miami i’ll take my chances. 

• Like 1

If anything, they should have paid Bud $1 million and a first round pick for the name and colors of the Oilers. If that didn’t work, should have gone Columbia blue with white helmets regardless of the new nickname. 

Still should. And now that both McNair and Bud are dead, can Cal negotiate it with Bud’s daughter and/or the raccoon that used to live on Bud’s head?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

If anything, they should have paid Bud $1 million and a first round pick for the name and colors of the Oilers. If that didn’t work, should have gone Columbia blue with white helmets regardless of the new nickname. 

Still should. And now that both McNair and Bud are dead, can Cal negotiate it with Bud’s daughter and/or the raccoon that used to live on Bud’s head?

Texas-fan-OMG.gif