Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Damn.  Just realized it’s a black church.  Never mind.  I meant fervent White churchgoers.  

If they show up to vote behind the Pine Curtain it is going to make a difference. Who has been there for any D voter to get inspired to go vote? Can you name the last three Senate candidates?

I can't. 

As far as the 38m. Do you ask the same question of the others? Abbott had money in the bank when this started. As did every single incumbent. You expect him to just quit and go home?

Fuck off with that noise.

Edit: Missionary in the name should have told you that it is a black church. 

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Like 4

Ted only WISHES he was this cool.  Surprise announcement of a concert for Beto on Tuesday night, October 30,  in Dallas: Ryan Bingham, Stephen Stills, Hayes Carll, Cake, the Flatlanders, and special guests.

https://ryanbingham.fanbridge.com/campaigns/show.php?id=1489866&sid=175044526&fbclid=IwAR1jIyMMsV36uhNWSdRSr-carDLzh_cbmbCOox0zx_-ePiRuQDIEJlcPD2Y

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

• Trump/Hillary in 2016 was 52%-43% in TX.  RCP has Cruz/Beto 51-44.   Has all the work Beto put in, and money spent only moved the needle 1 pct?   That is hard to believe unless Cruz is inherently more popular than Trump in Texas.  

You miss the 2016 Texas Republican presidential primary?

Edit - Sorry just saw you and Huck already discussed this 

Edited by WBT

8 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Wasn’t drinking at all last night.  Looking forward to Election Day for all you Beto cheerleaders.  

Poor choice.  That is incredibly embarrassing.  Booze would have been a decent excuse for your stupidity.  Pretending you're that much of a fucking liar while sober is something else entirely.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’m not going to do your homework for you. Educate yourself. Google is your friend. If you don’t think the right is working to chip away at LGBT rights, you’re either a moron or you don’t follow politics whatsoever. 

I did a quick google search. The big things I could tell were the transgender exclusion from military and supporting the bakers that didn’t wanna bake a gay wedding cake. Otherwise there were some regulatory rollbacks that I’m not really familiar with.  I get the religious freedom angle, but otherwise Rs would be best served supporting gay rights. Besides it being the right thing, it’ll be a losing issue over time. 

43 minutes ago, ERhine said:

Just asking questions, huh? GRHorn isn’t being thoughtful or kind. Anyone who has read his posts can see that. Posts like this show you’re obviously a troll.

I was literally asking questions because I didn’t know. I’m not always thoughtful or kind here. Nobody is, but I try my best. 

This is an angry little sandbox. But in this case I was genuinely asking. 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

But back to the question.

How are Republicans good for the country?

Sorry I don’t feel like doing this now. Don’t want you to think I’m ignoring, but I’ve explained why some people will vote Cruz/why we support Republicans. 

• Like 1

Republicans WOULD be good for the country if they were fiscally conservative. Unfortunately they spend more than the Democrats do, are  exacerbating income inequality,  voted for the ability for companies to sell your internet browsing history to the highest bidder without your knowing it, are against net neutrality,  and keep voting to fund the war on drugs.  They are worse than the democrats. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Stupid post.  

Not a big issue, sorry to disappoint you.  Last poll I saw showed 44% of Republicans supported it and it’s been a growing number. 

Your post is stupid, it is a big issue and you are bragging that 44% of Republicans now support it. That is nothing to brag about.

41 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Damn.  Just realized it’s a black church.  Never mind.  I meant fervent White churchgoers.  

it may be a black church, but zoom in...lots of gray haired whites in that pic.

in Tyler of all places, where last fall i saw a "11-8-16 America was saved!' and 'Thank God For Trump' in giant signs on the side of the highway. i have a lot of family in that area, so red.

may be misplaced, but hope, i have it

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Ted only WISHES he was this cool.  Surprise announcement of a concert for Beto on Tuesday night, October 30,  in Dallas: Ryan Bingham, Stephen Stills, Hayes Carll, Cake, the Flatlanders, and special guests.

https://ryanbingham.fanbridge.com/campaigns/show.php?id=1489866&sid=175044526&fbclid=IwAR1jIyMMsV36uhNWSdRSr-carDLzh_cbmbCOox0zx_-ePiRuQDIEJlcPD2Y

Teds got a Bryan Adams cover band next week at the Elm Mott VFW.

Suck it libtard sip

https://www.chron.com/news/politics/election/article/Hardball-host-Chris-Matthews-to-interview-Rep-13331490.php

MSNBC host Chris Matthews is coming to the University of Houston next week to interview U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke for his “Hardball College Tour” special.

Matthews announced during his Tuesday night broadcast that he plans to record an hour-long interview with Sen. Ted Cruz's Democratic opponent a week before the November election on Oct. 30 at Cullen Performance Hall.

Past guests on the political analyst’s election series are normally candidates vying for the White House. Former President Barack Obama joined Matthews at the University of Pennsylvania during the 2008 White House race, while Sen. John McCain was on the show at Iowa State University.

In 2016, Matthews spoke to Sen. Bernie Sanders at the University of Chicago.

After Matthews' on-air announcement, tickets were made available through the school’s website. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. while the taping begins at 6 p.m., the site reads. Attendees are prohibited from bringing “promotional or political affiliation displays.”

27 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Come on, CEL!

j/k, how you doing? hope you've had a good week, my friend.

bracing for disappointment, but 3 years sober, killing it at work, about to get married and red dead 2 will be out in a few hours, so I'll make it.  hope your travels are treating you ok

• Like 8

Just now, Celery Man said:

bracing for disappointment, but 3 years sober, killing it at work, about to get married and red dead 2 will be out in a few hours, so I'll make it.  hope your travels are treating you ok

3 years man. At the risk of totally going off thread good on you. 

I remember the dark days. You have come far.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Sounds amazing dude!

Were they extravagant promises? I think not.

5 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Also, "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today."

Just now, cactusflinthead said:

3 years man. At the risk of totally going off thread good on you. 

I remember the dark days. You have come far.

verdad - kinda bringing it back a bit, addiction is a really hard thing to treat effectively.  Some people are going to fail over and over again, and a lot will never succeed.  But you can take someone who is about to explode like a societal dirty bomb fucking up everything around them, and that person can completely get their shit back together and go about paying taxes, producing goods and services, buying homes, etc etc.  We should really evaluate what we can do to help people recover.

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

verdad - kinda bringing it back a bit, addiction is a really hard thing to treat effectively.  Some people are going to fail over and over again, and a lot will never succeed.  But you can take someone who is about to explode like a societal dirty bomb fucking up everything around them, and that person can completely get their shit back together and go about paying taxes, producing goods and services, buying homes, etc etc.  We should really evaluate what we can do to help people recover.

As someone who has walked this walk, I agree completely.

8 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Repost this to the pre-existing conditions thread and tag me so I make sure to reply. I have a tale to tell. 

Already derailed this one time.

25 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Your post is stupid, it is a big issue and you are bragging that 44% of Republicans now support it. That is nothing to brag about.

Not bragging. Just pointing out how far the issue has come. 10 years ago the majority of people including Barack and Hillary opposed it and now we’re a year or two away from majority of Republicans supporting it.

To me, it’s decided.  So not a big issue. 

50 minutes ago, RPM said:

el oh fucking el

I tell you why I prefer Republicans. You tell me I’m wrong.  I say you’re wrong. Sorry. General broad questions like that are boring in this forum imo.

Ive explained on here before why I’ll vote for Cruz. That should suffice.  

Also, #JobsNotMobs and so forth. 

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I tell you why I prefer Republicans. You tell me I’m wrong.  I say you’re wrong. Sorry. General broad questions like that are boring in this forum imo.

That wasn't the question she asked.

tenor.gif?itemid=6206564

19 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Not bragging. Just pointing out how far the issue has come. 10 years ago the majority of people including Barack and Hillary opposed it and now we’re a year or two away from majority of Republicans supporting it.

To me, it’s decided.  So not a big issue. 

Also, #JobsNotMobs and so forth. 

But you didn’t vote for trump right? You guys are all the same. Really fucking boring actually. 

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Obviously you are more tuned in to what LGBT rights have been taken away by Trump administration.  What are they?  

Sorry I didn’t mean to offend. I just don’t know anybody personally that cares one flip about gay marriage honestly. It’s going your way, just gonna take time. 

Then you clearly aren’t doing you research. Typical.

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Shit!  I might even brave the terrible City of Dallas for this shit!

26 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Kindly fuck off 

Isn't that what we have resorted to saying to each other to feel good when we have nothing else better to say though? 

Annnd here we go...

Flipping votes

Evelyn Brown, a 63-year-old longtime Fort Worth voter, said she had a problem voting this week.

She had gone to the Southwest Community Center on Welch Avenue and had cast a straight party ticket.

When she reviewed the summary, she saw that her choice in the U.S. Senate race — which pits Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz against Democratic challenger U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke — had flipped to the candidate in the other party.

She spent seven or eight minutes trying to move back to change the candidate in that race, but wasn’t successful.

“I’m accustomed to using the booth,” she said. “I used the keys that let you move forward and back. It didn’t move at all. It was stuck.”

So she called the election judge over who ended up calling the Tarrant County Elections Office.

In the end, the election judge had to at least temporarily put that machine out of service. He moved Brown to a different machine, where she said she was able to cast a vote for all the candidates of her choice.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article220602105.html

24 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Isn't that what we have resorted to saying to each other to feel good when we have nothing else better to say though? 

Wait. You want to lecture me? You who comes in here with the pretense of questions?

Yeah. Continue to fuck off. I am not impressed with your feigned innocence. You are not one whit better than Tahoe.

What exactly have you contributed to the discussion? Got anything? A quote? A report from the field?

Yeah, about all I have seen of you is a soft squishy mush of nothingness. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NameWithHeld said:

It won’t happen.  So what does “Beto” do on that Wednesday?   Start running for the 2020 Dem nomination with the $38mm he raised?

why would he? 2024 is a good year for him. even if a dem upsurps the devil incarnate in 2020, worst for a young guy like beto is to hold true to his word and run in 2028

• Fuck You 1