The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

29 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

OMG, the deficit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fucking funny as shit. The fucksticks can't help themselves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/right-on-schedule-republicans-pretend-to-care-about-deficits-again/2021/01/21/a749e500-5c17-11eb-a976-bad6431e03e2_story.html?utm_source=reddit.com

It’s almost like clockwork. As soon as a Democrat enters the White House, Republicans pretend to care about deficits again.

“The one thing that concerns me that nobody seems to be talking about anymore is the massive amount of debt that we continue to rack up as a nation,” Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) complained during a confirmation hearing this week for Treasury Secretary-nominee Janet Yellen. “For me,” he continued, “that is a huge warning sign on the horizon, the fact that we have an ever-growing deficit, an ever-growing debt and no apparent interest in taking the steps that are necessary to address it.”

His colleague Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) likewise carped that U.S. deficit levels are “frightening.” Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) piled on, saying that waiting for interest rates to rise to indicate that debts are unsustainable would be “too late.”

And so Republicans laid the groundwork for blocking the Biden administration’s request for more covid-19 fiscal relief, on the grounds that further spending is not merely unnecessary but also irresponsible. Despite ongoing economic and public health needs.

These foul-weather fiscal hawks neglect to mention, of course, that the GOP’s prized 2017 tax cuts added nearly $2 trillion to deficits — back when the economy was doing okay.

Nor did they note that — again, before the coronavirus pandemic — the Republican-controlled Senate passed and President Donald Trump signed spending bills that added another $2 trillion to deficits. That was on top of what the country had already been expected to borrow over a decade, according to estimates from the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

Do none of the Ds call them out in this bullshit when they pull it?  If not, they are complicit. 

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

OMG, the deficit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fucking funny as shit. The fucksticks can't help themselves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/right-on-schedule-republicans-pretend-to-care-about-deficits-again/2021/01/21/a749e500-5c17-11eb-a976-bad6431e03e2_story.html?utm_source=reddit.com

It’s almost like clockwork. As soon as a Democrat enters the White House, Republicans pretend to care about deficits again.

“The one thing that concerns me that nobody seems to be talking about anymore is the massive amount of debt that we continue to rack up as a nation,” Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) complained during a confirmation hearing this week for Treasury Secretary-nominee Janet Yellen. “For me,” he continued, “that is a huge warning sign on the horizon, the fact that we have an ever-growing deficit, an ever-growing debt and no apparent interest in taking the steps that are necessary to address it.”

His colleague Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) likewise carped that U.S. deficit levels are “frightening.” Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) piled on, saying that waiting for interest rates to rise to indicate that debts are unsustainable would be “too late.”

And so Republicans laid the groundwork for blocking the Biden administration’s request for more covid-19 fiscal relief, on the grounds that further spending is not merely unnecessary but also irresponsible. Despite ongoing economic and public health needs.

These foul-weather fiscal hawks neglect to mention, of course, that the GOP’s prized 2017 tax cuts added nearly $2 trillion to deficits — back when the economy was doing okay.

Nor did they note that — again, before the coronavirus pandemic — the Republican-controlled Senate passed and President Donald Trump signed spending bills that added another $2 trillion to deficits. That was on top of what the country had already been expected to borrow over a decade, according to estimates from the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

200.gif

Who here had less than 24 hours?  Congratulations!  Come on down to collect your winnings.

Edited by Tom

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

This is a good sign.  Let them complain about the things they've always complained about, engage like you believe it's important to them on grown-up stuff. But no-holds barred, take-no prisoners, scorched earth if they start up with fake fraud complaints, racism, etc.  

Approach this as you would a diplomatic negotiation with a party who is looking for an exit ramp but still needs to save face. They aren't going away completely, that's a pipe dream.  Make it easy for them to channel their opposition into things that will not destroy the fabric of democracy. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

So they must bend the knee?

There needs to be some talk on signaling.  "Senator/ Representative-- it seems to me that if you want to be part of this budget meeting at the White House or have your calls returned, you would first want to publicly recognize that POTUS fairly won a democratic election that was free of any substantial fraud."

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There needs to be some talk on signaling.  "Senator/ Representative-- it seems to me that if you want to be part of this budget meeting at the White House or have your calls returned, you would first want to publicly recognize that POTUS fairly won a democratic election that was free of any substantial fraud."

And bend your fucking knee . . . , no?

It's so frustrating. They had Rep Bobby Rush removed for pulling his hoodie over his head to illustrate racial profiling and LEO activity regarding minorities and they cited a rule against wearing hats in the chamber when the House is in session. They know in order to carry weapons into the chamber that this is the rule: "no one “shall carry any firearm inside the chamber or on the floor of either House, in any lobby or cloakroom adjacent thereto, in the galleries of either House or in the Marble Room of the Senate or Rayburn Room of the House unless assigned or approved by the two Sergeants of Arms for maintenance of adequate security.”

So, if Rep Rush is removed, then so shall they be. RULE OF LAW. Right?

5 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Remember that time when you were raised around guns and they were considered a tool for a distinct activity that was a privilege of responsibility to be handled with great caution and not a glorified prop to manufacture an emotionally wrought sense of martyrdom and ideological fantasy?  

Well put. My late father-in-law left the NRA over that very concept. My father was not a member, but that was how he conducted himself as well. Your use of the word, 'prop' is very apt and they both would've agreed with you on that.

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It needs to be more than that. They need to admit that they lied about the fraud allegations.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It needs to be more than that. They need to admit that they lied about the fraud allegations.

This.

Full apology to the American people and to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

So fucking tired of the GOP double standard.

2016/2017: HA YOU LOST. GET OVER IT. WE HAVE THE POWER, WE MAKE THE RULES

2020/2021:  You didn't win fairly, you cheated, you are not legitimate, we will never recognize you as the winners.  You have to unify with our sad supporters or else.  And you don't get to set the rules of power, you have to be nice to us while we obstruct everything. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Here is what the 2024 contenders are up to in terms of messaging:

Cruz - The Paris Climate Agreement is Frenchy and costs jobs (it doesn't and Pittsburgh wants you to fuck off). Hollywood is bad.

Rubio - Vague warning of "radical leftist agenda." 

Hawley - Big Tech is trying to silence conservatives, as I discuss in my upcoming book, which I will plug on 10,000 different TV and radio shows and podcasts. 

Haley - Joe Biden wants America to become California. (What with its massive economy (WITH strict environmental regulations), best public education system in the country, health care accessibility, etc. If you want to terrify people, pledge that you want America to become South Carolina.)

Small people with small ideas. They are either (a) trying to return to classic conservatism (Cruz, Rubio, Haley), (b) taking up a culture war crusade (Hawley, Cruz), or (c) trying a combination of the two.

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

Steve Schimdt is mad hot. One company for sure is Microsoft. He is going to embarass them from funding these Republicans. Follow the tweet thread. 

If he forces MS and other large companies away from funding the Republicans, you'll see some real shit coming from Turtle.  You can do a lot of things, but fucking with the cash flow is at the top of the list of Very Bad Things.

Project Lincoln is just a fuckin wrecking ball at this point. I thought they'd kick back and congratulate themselves after Biden won but it's like they've been overcome with a bloodlust.

Keep up the ratfucking, gentlemen! God knows the Democrats don't know how to do it properly.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Project Lincoln is just a fuckin wrecking ball at this point. I thought they'd kick back and congratulate themselves after Biden won but it's like they've been overcome with a bloodlust.

Keep up the ratfucking, gentlemen! God knows the Democrats don't know how to do it properly.

Between this and them annoucing Cruz as thier next target I am ready for it. They also know that the GOP in its current form is a deadman walking and want to kill it all off. And yeah, they also know the Dems will fuck these opportunties up so they might as well and go ahead. I'll probably buy George Conway's book on whatever he writes given the last 5 years assuming he does so.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Chooky said:

Remember that time when you were raised around guns and they were considered a tool for a distinct activity that was a privilege of responsibility to be handled with great caution and not a glorified prop to manufacture an emotionally wrought sense of martyrdom and ideological fantasy?  

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• Haha 1

One of my business partners from 2015-2017 was a Captain in the 75th for many years prior.  He's seen plenty of folks with the Ranger Tab from School claim they are "Rangers", it doesn't bother anybody.  Nobody really gives as much of a shit as that article makes it out to be.  But when they start talking Regiment, with the 75th tacit implication, it makes everybody very uncomfortable.  That's a SOCOM component with a completely different life and mission.  All that said, it is still unclear from that article what exactly Cotton was claiming years ago about his "Ranger" status.  I don't think is like a Fitlump "disaster scientist, front-line health care worker/first responder" kinda bullshit, but it does seem like he tried to overplay his hand a little bit.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

One of my business partners from 2015-2017 was a Captain in the 75th for many years prior.  He's seen plenty of folks with the Ranger Tab from School claim they are "Rangers", it doesn't bother anybody.  Nobody really gives as much of a shit as that article makes it out to be.  But when they start talking Regiment, with the 75th tacit implication, it makes everybody very uncomfortable.  That's a SOCOM component with a completely different life and mission.  All that said, it is still unclear from that article what exactly Cotton was claiming years ago about his "Ranger" status.  I don't think is like a Fitlump "disaster scientist, front-line health care worker/first responder" kinda bullshit, but it does seem like he tried to overplay his hand a little bit.

I didn't scroll back to see if it was posted on here; probably was considering the speed of posts, but Madison Cawthorne has achieved quite the resume when it comes to his claims vs reality. I think one of the latest exposed was some claim he made about the Paralympics (sp) and those in that community of athletes were upset and exasperated and angry at his lies and exaggerations.

Reached for comment, Cotton spokesperson Caroline Tabler told Salon in an email, "Senator Cotton graduated from Ranger school and is more of a Ranger than a Salon reporter like you will ever be."

Apparently Cotton's spokesperson is an 8-year-old child at a playground. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Oh Lord, and our senator is still at it.

There you have it - we'll just impeach you back! Ha ha! We'll impeach Obama - (crime to be determined). 

Just goes to show how fucking cynical these people are. I have yet to hear a persuasive moral or legal argument why Trump should not be impeached. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

This is correct.  I knew friends and people that I served with who had the Ranger Tab.   I knew people in ROTC that had earned it before they graduated and were commissioned.  Most of them knew not to go around presenting themselves as Rangers.  

Only a handful had actually served with the 75th.

15 hours ago, Grandioso said:

14 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Between this and them annoucing Cruz as thier next target I am ready for it. They also know that the GOP in its current form is a deadman walking and want to kill it all off. And yeah, they also know the Dems will fuck these opportunties up so they might as well and go ahead. I'll probably buy George Conway's book on whatever he writes given the last 5 years assuming he does so.

They know they can really damage the GOP, and drive a lot of the upper leadership out if they help dry up the corporate money.    People are paying attention to the companies who are donating, and public pressure on social media is a helluva potent drug.

As a former Republican, I'm all for them completely wrecking the party, but I have very little hope that a decent party will come out of the ashes.  We will end up with a party of Trumpkins who are open about it, and another party who just hides their heinous shit.  The idea of a competent, fiscally conservative, non-assholish and non-religious party is a pipe dream.

And yeah, some of the ads are annoying, but I'd argue we weren't their intended target.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

They know they can really damage the GOP, and drive a lot of the upper leadership out if they help dry up the corporate money.    People are paying attention to the companies who are donating, and public pressure on social media is a helluva potent drug.

As a former Republican, I'm all for them completely wrecking the party, but I have very little hope that a decent party will come out of the ashes.  We will end up with a party of Trumpkins who are open about it, and another party who just hides their heinous shit.  The idea of a competent, fiscally conservative, non-assholish and non-religious party is a pipe dream.

And yeah, some of the ads are annoying, but I'd argue we weren't their intended target.

If that happens the dems stay in power. It’s dark and sad but the results are possibly the best case scenario. 

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Oh Lord, and our senator is still at it.

Always a threat 

we can’t impeach because it will make the insurrections do more insurrection. 

we can’t convict because if we do, we’ll just impeach your guy. 

Instead of arguing the issue, do you think Trump is guilty of inciting insurrection? Because arguing the issue hurts

• Hook 'Em 2

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult