The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

I thought I was prepared for the Rs shifting back to their completely hypocritical selves and getting pissed about tan suits and whatnot, but I really didn't expect it to happen this fast.  Rolexes, caravans, that Fox News chyron about Biden's "disastrous first week", like, it's all just unbelievable.  Republicans are like a computer program.  They just react in a programmed way.  It's stunning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I thought I was prepared for the Rs shifting back to their completely hypocritical selves and getting pissed about tan suits and whatnot, but I really didn't expect it to happen this fast.  Rolexes, caravans, that Fox News chyron about Biden's "disastrous first week", like, it's all just unbelievable.  Republicans are like a computer program.  They just react in a programmed way.  It's stunning.

But it's not stunning.  It's utterly predictable.  We know every move they are going to make.  They are robots with limited programming.

Now imagine this -- imagine that you were playing chess against an opponent who told you, ahead of time, every move they intended to make.  You would have to be a drooling moron to ever lose a chess match against that person.  Well, a drooling moron, or the Democratic Party.  But perhaps I repeat myself.  It's maddening.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But it's not stunning.  It's utterly predictable.  We know every move they are going to make.  They are robots with limited programming.

Now imagine this -- imagine that you were playing chess against an opponent who told you, ahead of time, every move they intended to make.  You would have to be a drooling moron to ever lose a chess match against that person.  Well, a drooling moron, or the Democratic Party.  But perhaps I repeat myself.  It's maddening.

At the very least the Dems should be calling out their ridiculous bullshit every single day.  I know they have stuff to do like actually run the government now, but it can't be that hard to slip it into an interview or have an intern tweet about it or, hell, have 5 minutes of the press briefing to say "uh yeah, the fox news caravan stuff is a childish scare tactic".  I don't know, but it seems like the Dems are just ignoring it and that's exactly how we got in this situation to begin with.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

At the very least the Dems should be calling out their ridiculous bullshit every single day.  I know they have stuff to do like actually run the government now, but it can't be that hard to slip it into an interview or have an intern tweet about it or, hell, have 5 minutes of the press briefing to say "uh yeah, the fox news caravan stuff is a childish scare tactic".  I don't know, but it seems like the Dems are just ignoring it and that's exactly how we got in this situation to begin with.

I understand every single person's frustration with the Democrats and messaging. It sucks. There's no polishing that turd. 

That being said, calling out their bullshit and burning them repeatedly on twitter, tv, or anywhere else doesn't really matter. It wouldn't make a difference. Because Fox News and right wing outlets won't report it. They won't get the message. Short of a new version of the fairness doctrine, the people who need to witness and hear the message of their lies and bullshit won't see it. 

• Hook 'Em 6

You're both right in a way. I wouldn't mind hearing the retort, "this is childish, we've been over this before--the President condemns violence...now the adults have work to do and I'd like to answer questions about that.."

It would sting, perhaps be reported out of context, but the ribbing would have an effect in the Pool.

• Hook 'Em 1

What's the old saying, if you met a Nazi in the morning, you met a Nazi.

If you met nothing but Nazis all day, you're the Nazi.  

I think Josh Hawley said that/felt that. 

Edited by Lobo

The only good reason I can think of

...because my mind is operating 100% on bad faith and paranoia...

is he can’t remember the names of the reporters covering him, and doesn’t want 2b embarrassed getting someone’s name wrong

...just asking questions."

Thanks, Ari!

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m so glad the Republican Party has a Parkland Shooting denier in it 

Sadly, her views are shared by a lot of Americans. I am going to guess and it's not a stretch, that yes, she does believe the fake stories that he wasn't there during the shooting (he was) or what undergoing that type of trauma is like. Absolutely no compassion--she probably did the usual T&P the day of, and then immediately swung around to her rationalizing. What a hardened heart; chasing after him for her virtue video signaling.

43 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m so glad the Republican Party has a Parkland Shooting denier in it 

While this isn't surprising, I think it's important for people to be really fucking angry about this shit. Don't forget it. 

Psycho verbally abusing a teenager after surviving a mass shooting. There is no bottom with the GOP. 

It's basically being used to talk/tweet about everything EXCEPT what they should be doing in their role as the Judiciary Committee and educate people about how and why and what because GOP and education is a LOL WUT?

Imagine what our country would be like if everyone was earnest and sincere? You know like Mr. Rogers, but with our own personalities and quirks and stuff. What a wonderful world. (Geez, John Lennon and Louis Armstrong titles in the same paragraph--I need more coffee)

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Also; GOP not only has no sense of humor, I don't think they've read the Constitution. The WH released a transcript. the Q&A session had ended.

Again, the Rs have ZERO room to ever take stances like this.  EVER.  AGAIN.  

The Ds should respond to that tweet with this.

tenor.gif

During the early stages of the hydroxychloroquine rage I assumed Republican advocacy for it was in part high level performance art in an effort to grovel at the feet of their leader and be assured of his good graces, but god damn I didn't realize actual government officials took it to this level. 

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/oklahoma-trying-to-return-its-2m-stockpile-of-hydroxychloroquine/

The Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office has been tasked with attempting to return a $2 million stockpile of a malaria drug once touted by former President Donald Trump as a way to treat the coronavirus.

In April, Gov. Kevin Stitt, who ordered the hydroxychloroquine purchase, defended it by saying that while it may not be a useful treatment for the coronavirus, the drug had multiple other uses and “that money will not have gone to waste in any respect.”

But nearly a year later the state is trying to offload the drug back to its original supplier, California-based FFF Enterprises, Inc, a private pharmaceutical wholesaler. 

Alex Gerszewski, a spokesman for Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter, told The Frontier this week that the AG’s office was working with the state health department “to try to figure out a solution.”

When does the total inanity end? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

During the early stages of the hydroxychloroquine rage I assumed Republican advocacy for it was in part high level performance art in an effort to grovel at the feet of their leader and be assured of his good graces, but god damn I didn't realize actual government officials took it to this level. 

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/oklahoma-trying-to-return-its-2m-stockpile-of-hydroxychloroquine/

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

When the nation is a pile of rubble.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

The Executive Order police are back!

If they're really going to start citing numbers, Biden should just go with the omnibus approach based on My Cousin Vinny - basically "Everything that asshole signed over the last 4 years is bullshit ..."

875512c81bf6dab9769aaace8fa11998.gif

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Probably planning another coup, based off the success/failures of the test run.

Only sort of joking. 

You shouldn't be joking at all.  This will be the mob boss telling his little bitch what he has to do to keep from being electorally whacked.  And the little bitch will do it.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You shouldn't be joking at all.  This will be the mob boss telling his little bitch what he has to do to keep from being electorally whacked.  And the little bitch will do it.

This.   The GOP has essentially enabled him by opposing his impeachment/conviction and now it has emboldened him.  

6 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Wow, and think of how much turquoise jewelry they could have purchased instead.

4 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Wow, and think of how much turquoise jewelry they could have purchased instead.

Isn't this the state that can't keep good teachers because they can't afford to pay them a decent salary?  But they found room in their budget for a stockpile of an unproven drug?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Isn't this the state that can't keep good teachers because they can't afford to pay them a decent salary?  But they found room in their budget for a stockpile of an unproven drug?

Yes but they don't want good teachers in Oklahoma. If you educate the population they start voting Democrat.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult