The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Candace Owens is what is the result when we start to embrace ignorance and push away education. I don’t really think Owens can talk about any subject for more than a sentence or two. If you watch that Rogan video, she has to constantly bounce between subjects to keep talking. 

I don’t think she’s completely stupid, only she just only cares about what keeps the attention flowing. I could easily see her improve her ability to communicate with people will want to believe her, and she could have a future in politics. God help us.

My god.  What an idiot.  She wasn’t even smart enough to forcefully redirect the conversation elsewhere to be able to stop getting humiliated.  Rogan wasn’t even hammering her that hard.  And that dumbfuck will totally get MILLIONS of votes in a GOP primary if she stays in.  Fuck me running.

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So, Ron Wright of Texas has passed away due to COVID.  Could that be a seat that the Democrats can pick up?  It has to be done via special election, right?

You are fake news.  No way a MAGA died of COVID, because it's a hoax.  PLANDEMIC!  OPEN EVERYTHING!  MASKS ARE A HOLOCAUST!

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So, Ron Wright of Texas has passed away due to COVID.  Could that be a seat that the Democrats can pick up?  It has to be done via special election, right?

Vacant House seats can only be filled via special election. 

It wouldn't be until early summer, likely.

Trump +3 in 2020, Wright won it by 9 in 2020 and 7.7 in 2018.

I already called it the GA-06 of 2021 - gonna dump hundreds of millions into the seat that the GOP will win by 4-5 points in a low turnout election.  

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Vacant House seats can only be filled via special election. 

It wouldn't be until early summer, likely.

Trump +3 in 2020, Wright won it by 9 in 2020 and 7.7 in 2018.

I already called it the GA-06 of 2021 - gonna dump hundreds of millions into the seat that the GOP will win by 4-5 points in a low turnout election.  

Yeah.....put up a fight, but it's a losing battle.  Don't waste resources that could yield a dividend elsewhere.

This fucking state.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....put up a fight, but it's a losing battle.  Don't waste resources that could yield a dividend elsewhere.

This fucking state.

Just wait - if it's truly like GA-06, then the following happens:

• GOP declares victory!  Proof that the GOP brand is still strong despite Trump and are ready to kick Democrats out of the majority in 2022! (ignoring that the seat will have shifted 4-5 points to the left from the 2020 Wright victory margin)
  • Dems declare victory!  Proof that Democrats are still fired up! (ignoring that it's a seat that is trending their way and they still couldn't win it and could be more Hispanic warning signs)
  • Dems barely win it in 2022
  • The 2021 Dem loser beats Ted Cruz in the Senate race in 2024, obviously. 

It is known. 

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Man, I would go full balls to the wall at this one.  If Trump only won by +3, and given what the GOP is doing now (they are going full Trump), you find a blue dog DEM and the get the full force of the party behind them.  Why the fuck not.  Time to get the democratic machine moving in Texas.

The Texas Democratic Machine:

jD-1hUKv1a9bXMKLjceg-gWKwxPbWk63ho5a6rVU

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

My god.  What an idiot.  She wasn’t even smart enough to forcefully redirect the conversation elsewhere to be able to stop getting humiliated.  Rogan wasn’t even hammering her that hard.  And that dumbfuck will totally get MILLIONS of votes in a GOP primary if she stays in.  Fuck me running.

While I don't follow Rogan too much, I know that a previous frequent guest, Dave Rubin, hasn't been on since Rubin recommended Owens to Rogan.  Rubin is a podcaster and a better version of Owens when it comes to talking about issues but he is also only good at high level opinions without much detail.

As an example, Rubin argued to Rogan that all govt regulations are bad, and he used building codes as an example. Rubin said that the free market would eliminate bad builders if their houses fell down. Rogan, who briefly worked in construction in his younger days, claimed that builders and contractors would do a horrible job without some regulations/code, and that many problems wouldn't even come to light years after the construction.  It's rare that Rogan slams a guest for being stupid. Rubin and his buddy, Owens.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While I don't follow Rogan too much, I know that a previous frequent guest, Dave Rubin, hasn't been on since Rubin recommended Owens to Rogan.  Rubin is a podcaster and a better version of Owens when it comes to talking about issues but he is also only good at high level opinions without much detail.

As an example, Rubin argued to Rogan that all govt regulations are bad, and he used building codes as an example. Rubin said that the free market would eliminate bad builders if their houses fell down. Rogan, who briefly worked in construction in his younger days, claimed that builders and contractors would do a horrible job without some regulations/code, and that many problems wouldn't even come to light years after the construction.  It's rare that Rogan slams a guest for being stupid. Rubin and his buddy, Owens.

does rubin know who develops building codes?

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Lolz what a dumbass argument from this Rubin guy. Unregulated construction would get scores of people maimed and killed. If I wanted to make the insane argument that all regulation is bad, there are much better examples than construction codes. 

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

who the f is trump?

You want me...you want me to suck his lump?

Oh, 'who the fuck is Trump?'  Yeah, Don's in my acting class.  

On 2/7/2021 at 3:19 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Candace Owens is what is the result when we start to embrace ignorance and push away education. I don’t really think Owens can talk about any subject for more than a sentence or two. If you watch that Rogan video, she has to constantly bounce between subjects to keep talking. 

I don’t think she’s completely stupid, only she just only cares about what keeps the attention flowing. I could easily see her improve her ability to communicate with people will want to believe her, and she could have a future in politics. God help us.

Climate change deniers are the worst. Especially the dumbass argument that 90% of climate scientists say it's real for pecuniary gain, as if they're getting filthy rich from research grants. You know who else thinks it's real? The scientists at Exxon, Shell, etc. I'd love to ask these morons what motive those companies have to push a ruse like this. 

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Sarah Palin taking the GQP stupidity across the pond.

You know, I went to law school and you hear a lot of latin terms thrown around, some archaic germanic terms thrown around, some french, and even some portuguese maritime LLM terms.  But what you don't hear in Western Election law, is a lot of Irish terminology thrown around like "Election Shenanigans"  

19 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The fact that they use that term/metaphor with respect to a man who countless sources say regularly cheats at golf....well, it's pretty much perfect.

"GOP: cheating and lying are fine....if we're the ones doing it."  That's their only guiding principle.

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Is that Britt reporter the same guy that destroyed Ben Shapiro with facts and logic? 

that's piers morgan, and he's what the british would describe as a twat.

doesn't make him wrong in that particular instance, but he's a sensationalist fucker.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i started laughing uncontrollably at the sound of ben shaprio's voice and couldn't make it through 15 seconds of this

If you want to laugh uncontrollably at Ben Shapiro, listen to the various Behind the Bastards episodes in which they do a dramatic reading of his novel. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Lolz what a dumbass argument from this Rubin guy. Unregulated construction would get scores of people maimed and killed. If I wanted to make the insane argument that all regulation is bad, there are much better examples than construction codes. 

Can you make a worse one? I worked construction in the summer w

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

Shut the fuck up, Fozz.

I don't know who Fozz is. Did that Tweet hit close to home?

The Republicans have a real problem, and this impeachment trial is crystalizing it in my mind: their officeholders don't have the first goddamned clue who their voters are.

Actually, that's two different problems wrapped into one.  First, Republican officeholders--at least those who have held office for more than a hot minute--don't understand their supporters.  And second, nobody knows if those supporters will turn out to vote without Trump on the ballot.

Five years ago, a guy like John Cornyn could go to the Park Cities or Williamson County or pretty much any suburban area and know that he--and it was almost invariably "he"--was in friendly territory.  These were his people.  They were his friends and neighbors and peers--Good Chamber of Commerce Republicans who wanted lower taxes and smaller government in order to keep more of the wealth that they generated for themselves.  

Trump drove a lot of those people out of the party.  They've been replaced by people with whom a guy like John Cornyn would never willingly socialize.  He's not going to go out to Gilmer and hang out at the Doc's Hot Links and parse out the writings of Q with the local (il)literati.  John Cornyn's never fucking been to Gilmer. 

The worst part of it from a GQP strategist standpoint is that it's not just that the officeholders don't know anything about these people; the strategists don't know anything about these people.  They're impossible to poll.  They're so distrustful of institutions and elites and basically all of civil society that they don't answer polls; they don't respond to traditional canvassing.  In that way, they're kind of similar to a lot of urban Blacks.  But the difference is that a representative like Eddie Bernice Johnson knows those people.  John Cornyn has never fucking been to Gilmer.

I'm not saying that he's missing anything by not going to Gilmer.  But he's never fucking talked to these people.  Why would he?  They're reliable Republican voters.  All he would do by talking with them is demonstrate how little he relates to them and how little he understands their lives.  

He doesn't understand his voters.  None of them do.  And that scares the shit out of them.

And what's even more scary to them is that they may not be their voters.  Trump didn't replace those suburban Chamber of Commerce Republicans with former Democrats.  He replaced them with former non-voters.  And it is a big question whether those former non-voters will revert to being non-voters when Trump is not on the ballot.  That's certainly what they did in 2018; it's what they did in the 2021 Georgia Senate runoff.

The GQP is like the guy who two girlfriends in high school.  He decided that he couldn't keep both of them happy, so he kicked one to the curb.  And now he's scared shitless that the one he kept is going to stand him up on Saturday night.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The GQP is like the guy who two girlfriends in high school.  He decided that he couldn't keep both of them happy, so he kicked one to the curb.  And now he's scared shitless that the one he kept is actually a guy, and/or is radically bi-polar, and is going to stab him in the face at any given moment.

FIFaccuracy as to the GQP base.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The Republicans have a real problem, and this impeachment trial is crystalizing it in my mind: their officeholders don't have the first goddamned clue who their voters are.

Actually, that's two different problems wrapped into one.  First, Republican officeholders--at least those who have held office for more than a hot minute--don't understand their supporters.  And second, nobody knows if those supporters will turn out to vote without Trump on the ballot.

Five years ago, a guy like John Cornyn could go to the Park Cities or Williamson County or pretty much any suburban area and know that he--and it was almost invariably "he"--was in friendly territory.  These were his people.  They were his friends and neighbors and peers--Good Chamber of Commerce Republicans who wanted lower taxes and smaller government in order to keep more of the wealth that they generated for themselves.  

Trump drove a lot of those people out of the party.  They've been replaced by people with whom a guy like John Cornyn would never willingly socialize.  He's not going to go out to Gilmer and hang out at the Doc's Hot Links and parse out the writings of Q with the local (il)literati.  John Cornyn's never fucking been to Gilmer. 

The worst part of it from a GQP strategist standpoint is that it's not just that the officeholders don't know anything about these people; the strategists don't know anything about these people.  They're impossible to poll.  They're so distrustful of institutions and elites and basically all of civil society that they don't answer polls; they don't respond to traditional canvassing.  In that way, they're kind of similar to a lot of urban Blacks.  But the difference is that a representative like Eddie Bernice Johnson knows those people.  John Cornyn has never fucking been to Gilmer.

I'm not saying that he's missing anything by not going to Gilmer.  But he's never fucking talked to these people.  Why would he?  They're reliable Republican voters.  All he would do by talking with them is demonstrate how little he relates to them and how little he understands their lives.  

He doesn't understand his voters.  None of them do.  And that scares the shit out of them.

And what's even more scary to them is that they may not be their voters.  Trump didn't replace those suburban Chamber of Commerce Republicans with former Democrats.  He replaced them with former non-voters.  And it is a big question whether those former non-voters will revert to being non-voters when Trump is not on the ballot.  That's certainly what they did in 2018; it's what they did in the 2021 Georgia Senate runoff.

The GQP is like the guy who two girlfriends in high school.  He decided that he couldn't keep both of them happy, so he kicked one to the curb.  And now he's scared shitless that the one he kept is going to stand him up on Saturday night.

fantastic post. i've been making the argument on the impeachment thread that now is the time to mitigate all the q fuckery by cutting trump loose forever.  

without q, and without trump, someone might move to fill that gap, but i think that is an impossible ask. you convict him, bar him from running again, and these people and their movement will dissipate. 

i think they are in the middle of a massive miscalculation because they don't understand what is happening, to your point. they are in a fight for the identity of their party and what it will look like a decade from now, and they are fucking it up, imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

fantastic post. i've been making the argument on the impeachment thread that now is the time to mitigate all the q fuckery by cutting trump loose forever.  

without q, and without trump, someone might move to fill that gap, but i think that is an impossible ask. you convict him, bar him from running again, and these people and their movement will dissipate. 

i think they are in the middle of a massive miscalculation because they don't understand what is happening, to your point. they are in a fight for the identity of their party and what it will look like a decade from now, and they are fucking it up, imo.

Or, they're getting it exactly right.

They know who their party is.  And they are acting accordingly.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Or, they're getting it exactly right.

They know who their party is.  And they are acting accordingly.

Well, I would agree that they seized the opportunity Trump presented deliberately and knowingly.  But I think the malaise that led to that opportunity was as GoLL describes.

Doing it deliberately and knowingly doesn't mean it doesn't scare the shit out of them at some level.  Now their decision boils down to confronting and living with that fear or losing power for the foreseeable future.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, I would agree that they seized the opportunity Trump presented deliberately and knowingly.  But I think the malaise that led to that opportunity was as GoLL describes.

Doing it deliberately and knowingly doesn't mean it doesn't scare the shit out of them at some level.  Now their decision boils down to confronting and living with that fear or losing power for the foreseeable future.

Or....it just means that members of formerly respectable parties/institutions join the Nazi party in order to protect their personal interests and ambition.

We've literally seen this before.  It's not a mystery.

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I don't know which is the better bet:

1) Cut Trump loose, knowing that you lose the Q contingent and hoping that you get your Park Cities business Republicans back, or 

2) Stick with Trump, knowing that your losses in the suburbs are permanent and hoping that those low-information, low-education, lo-propensity voters continue to turnout for Republicans year after year without Trump on the ballot.

I have to tell you, I don't think either one of those are great options.  And it's clear that a lot of Republicans don't either.  That's why you see Kevin McCarthy vacillating between the two course of action.

It really may be that Trump was the only person who could put and hold together that Island of Misfit Voters.  And without Trump, I am not at all certain that there's any politician that could get anywhere close to 74M votes under the banner of the GQP as it is currently constituted.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

1) Cut Trump loose, knowing that you lose the Q contingent and hoping that you get your Park Cities business Republicans back, or 

2) Stick with Trump, knowing that your losses in the suburbs are permanent and hoping that those low-information, low-education, lo-propensity voters continue to turnout for Republicans year after year without Trump on the ballot.

I have to tell you, I don't think either one of those are great options.  And it's clear that a lot of Republicans don't either.  That's why you see Kevin McCarthy vacillating between the two course of action.

It really may be that Trump was the only person who could put and hold together that Island of Misfit Voters.  And without Trump, I am not at all certain that there's any politician that could get anywhere close to 74M votes under the banner of the GQP as it is currently constituted.

That’s why it will be Trump. 

• Rage+1 1

Get the conservative poor rural worker against his conservative rich rural boss and there’s an alley. Exploit why they’re paid shit wages while people like them with only high school degrees get 15/hr in the city while boss is in the country club saying he can’t make the numbers work.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

As I've told you, this take is not without logic.  I pray you are right.

BUT.....our trajectory as a nation over the past 20+ years tells me that whatever the worst outcome for the country is, that's the one that will happen.  So, not only will the GQP go full-on Q nutbar, it will work.  Because Q-tards are nuts.  And most other GQP voters are cowards who will go along with it out of selfishness.  "Sure, I don't like [crazy fucking psychopath], and I wish he wouldn't [say stupid shit on Twitter, shoot black people for sport, whatever], but my 401k looks great!"

And also...

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That’s why it will be Trump. 

Yep.  He's going to run in 2024, and by then, the voter suppression will be enough for him to win.  OR, they'll just violently overthrown the sitting government if they don't like the result.  I mean....they have fucking TOLD YOU THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY PLAN TO DO.

• Rage+1 2

If they are smart they would groom Donald Jr. They have 4 years to remove the qualities that make even Trumpistas hate him (punchable face, smirk, etc.), get him some plastic surgery, wean him off his active cocaine addiction and prep him in the art of the deal. He could be the guy, if he wants it. It's a GWB situation all over again, but greasier.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1) Empire Strikes Back begs to differ.

2) Don Jr. is much closer to Caddyshack II.

3) He would win, because he has what the cult needs -- the last name.  Oh, and he's a fucking asshole.  They LOVE fucking assholes.

What does the jury say about the trophy wife/first lady though? Trump was a lot of things, but he never suffered for a woman without beauty. Don Jr. might need to step up his game to get the nod.

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult