The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, skeeter said:

How can we get this fucker to go home to FL?

LOL.  Like that would make a difference.  West is loathsome and a moron, but you don't think Cat Parks or any of the unhinged right in the party leadership wouldn't feel the same?  This is your state GOP, Texas...... and they are the most powerful party in the state.  Disappointing stuff if forced to think about it.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

9 hours ago, skeeter said:

How can we get this fucker to go home to FL?

Bet he, along with most Texit idiots, doesn't realize that Hispanics are, or will be within a year or two, the largest group in Texas, and that Catholicism is the largest religion in Texas.   When you explain that to them, they tell you they aren't racist and don't have a problem with Catholics, but they seemingly put the brakes on.

"IF WE COULD SECEDE, WE COULD HAVE RELIGION BACK IN OUR SCHOOLS"

"Okay, it'll have to be Catholicism though, since that's the largest religious sect in the state"

"NOW WAIT JUST A MINUTE, I DIDN'T MEAN WE'D BE BOWING DOWN TO THE POPE, AND IF I WANTED MY KIDS TO SWEAR LOYALTY TO THE VATICAN I'D PUT THEM IN CATHOLIC SCHOOL!!"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Not sure, but it's dumb as hell.  The notion is insane, and the likelihood of it ever coming to pass is less than fucking zero.

Edited by slorch

33 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bet he, along with most Texit idiots, doesn't realize that Hispanics are, or will be within a year or two, the largest group in Texas, and that Catholicism is the largest religion in Texas.   When you explain that to them, they tell you they aren't racist and don't have a problem with Catholics, but they seemingly put the brakes on.

"IF WE COULD SECEDE, WE COULD HAVE RELIGION BACK IN OUR SCHOOLS"

"Okay, it'll have to be Catholicism though, since that's the largest religious sect in the state"

"NOW WAIT JUST A MINUTE, I DIDN'T MEAN WE'D BE BOWING DOWN TO THE POPE, AND IF I WANTED MY KIDS TO SWEAR LOYALTY TO THE VATICAN I'D PUT THEM IN CATHOLIC SCHOOL!!"

That's because they think small and short term. After religion, ask one of them if they happen to have family or friends in the top 1% class. That's who wins if Texas secedes. Swoop in like shoppers and will strip it like the clearance rack on December 26th. All those dollars they think they'll get back since no more Fed taxes won't be going to provide infrastructure, healthcare, or education. Straight into the pockets of the top tier. Whoo hooo. Bunch of short term lazy thinkers that cannot hold a thought beyond the next mile marker on the highway to nowhere.

Like @slorch says, insane. It's why foreign dollars have funded some of the groups and have been for a number of years, even though the proponents say that's a false flag--it's been proven true. The states united are powerful. Divided and it's like the breakup of the USSR. To make matters worse, the Brexit people have been ensconced in conservative think tanks in the US. Candace Owens' FIL is one, Douglas Carswell, a former MP, is now the head of a Mississippi Center for Public Policy. The Washington Times writes articles in favor of it.

Traitors to the Constitution one and all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, slorch said:

Not sure, but it's dumb as hellThe notion is insane, and the likelihood of it ever coming to pass is less than fucking zero.

I’m inclined to agree with you, but the bolded gives me pause. I’ve learned over the past few years that the dumbest possible answer eventually seems like the compromise position. Boundless stupidity and ingenuity are deeply intertwined.

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

Just googled "Candy O" and came up with nothing. Apparently that's the name of an old Cars album.

I'm assuming Candace Owens is whom he is referring to, which is nauseating.  She is 100% a grifter and a complete airhead if you've listened to her talk for 5 minutes.  

Just scanned her Wiki page trying to see her credentials.  This part was great:

In 2015, Owens was CEO of Degree180, a marketing agency that offered consultation, production, and planning services.[2][7] The website included a blog, written by Owens, which frequently posted anti-conservative and anti-Trump content, including mockery of his penis size.[7][23] In a 2015 column that Owens wrote for the site, she criticized conservative Republicans, writing about the "bat-shit-crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party," adding, "The good news is, they will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope), and then we can get right on with the OBVIOUS social change that needs to happen, IMMEDIATELY."[2][4][24][25]

So she essentially became a conservative overnight after some online trolls criticized her for some website she was building that was intended to doxx people online, which she blamed on liberals.  Then Milo and other conservatives started supporting her and propping her up, and the grift began.  

I first heard about her around the time she appeared on Joe Rogan's podcast where she embarrassed herself.  I'm not sure why it's not embedding, but below is one of the few times Rogan has pushed back against a guest and exposes her idiocy on climate change.

EDIT: Fixed the embedding issue.

(1) Joe Rogan & Candace Owens ARGUE Over Climate Change - YouTube

Edited by Tom

21 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If anyone wants to watch rank Republican hypocrisy and trying to forget that the last 4 years never happened, check out Pat Toomey (R) Pennsylvania on Jake Tapper right now.  Holy fuck.  He is VERY concerned about the deficit.  

As predictable as the sunrise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

If anyone wants to watch rank Republican hypocrisy and trying to forget that the last 4 years never happened, check out Pat Toomey (R) Pennsylvania on Jake Tapper right now.  Holy fuck.  He is VERY concerned about the deficit.  

They are resurrecting Bob (making money off of the recession) Corker as well to make the "business" case for fucking the economy over again . . . and again . . . and again. 

Time is a flat circle. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Goddamn. It requires no comment or interpretation. Fuck.

It requires someone filming it with their camera phone and posting it online so we know that video wasn’t edited/manipulated. I see a tweet from someone I don’t know linking to a website I’ve never heard of showing a video that looks highly questionable. My bullshit meter is ringing off the hook.

I’m not saying it would surprise me if it was real. I can’t say I want it to be real, because I don’t want to live in a country where that shit can happen. But I’m inclined to assume it’s real just because of everything else I’ve seen from that fat orange pustule and that’s when we need to be most careful about believing anything we’re sort of eager to hear. Unlike the followers of Fox News, et al., I don’t want to be fooled. Just the thought that it might be real is disturbing enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah Liz! You apologize for voting to impeach the guy who tried to end democracy in this county and install himself as dictator! Have you no shame Liz!

The optics of a man telling a woman to apologize for having a differing opinion.

Don't ever change, GQP.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Tom said:

I'm assuming Candace Owens is whom he is referring to, which is nauseating.  She is 100% a grifter and a complete airhead if you've listened to her talk for 5 minutes.  

Just scanned her Wiki page trying to see her credentials.  This part was great:

So she essentially became a conservative overnight after some online trolls criticized her for some website she was building that was intended to doxx people online, which she blamed on liberals.  Then Milo and other conservatives started supporting her and propping her up, and the grift began.  

I first heard about her around the time she appeared on Joe Rogan's podcast where she embarrassed herself.  I'm not sure why it's not embedding, but below is one of the few times Rogan has pushed back against a guest and exposes her idiocy on climate change.

EDIT: Fixed the embedding issue.

(1) Joe Rogan & Candace Owens ARGUE Over Climate Change - YouTube

Candace Owens is what is the result when we start to embrace ignorance and push away education. I don’t really think Owens can talk about any subject for more than a sentence or two. If you watch that Rogan video, she has to constantly bounce between subjects to keep talking. 

I don’t think she’s completely stupid, only she just only cares about what keeps the attention flowing. I could easily see her improve her ability to communicate with people will want to believe her, and she could have a future in politics. God help us.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It requires someone filming it with their camera phone and posting it online so we know that video wasn’t edited/manipulated. I see a tweet from someone I don’t know linking to a website I’ve never heard of showing a video that looks highly questionable. My bullshit meter is ringing off the hook.

I’m not saying it would surprise me if it was real. I can’t say I want it to be real, because I don’t want to live in a country where that shit can happen. But I’m inclined to assume it’s real just because of everything else I’ve seen from that fat orange pustule and that’s when we need to be most careful about believing anything we’re sort of eager to hear. Unlike the followers of Fox News, et al., I don’t want to be fooled. Just the thought that it might be real is disturbing enough. 

its coming to light a month later? smells bad IMO

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

To be fair, he also said the GOP $600bn plan was way too much. 

Also to be fair, thank baby Jesus he’s gone after 2022. Former Club for Growth president who did nothing about it from 2017-2020

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What I understood was this: The Right Side Broadcasting Network aka RSBN  live streamed the rally on their network, which as a conservative network, they had done with all the rallies and then they uploaded the video to their YouTube channel where someone copied it (because YouTube had flagged it for removal). A lot of the RSBN videos from November 3 through the insurrection were removed by Youtube one by one for violating their TOS. RSBN had advertised the "Stop the Steal" rally for weeks prior to the events on January 6th.

So, it pains me to say that it is likely real. They have four hours of the rally on their Facebook page but I am not inclined to sit through it and haven't yet tried to skim to locate it, but I don't think this was manipulated.

One of the people who sourced the story provided additional links because (with the video being removed) it provided some background. The following was from a separate story related to the video.

Sources for video:
Special thanks to ProPublica for its excellent repository of Parler videos. A review of two hundred additional videos from Parler was conducted with special assistance from Vidrovr, a company that makes video searchable. Thanks to The New Yorker, CNN, and CBS 11 Dallas-Forth Worth for their coverage. 
https://projects.propublica.org/parler-capitol-videos/
https://www.kaggle.com/jpmiller/parler
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/09/trump-capitol-riot-cooper-kth-sot-ac360-vpx.cnn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=270F8s5TEKY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGX4jO3rG8g&feature=emb_logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iIolquHaU0&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa65Ssvs-wY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NtYIANgkvA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8PHImxb8Po
https://omny.fm/shows/hugh-hewitt-podcast
Trump tweet archive
https://www.thetrumparchive.com/
Pence tweet
https://twitter.com/Mike_Pence/status/1346879811151605762

More about RSBN: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Side_Broadcasting_Network

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
link
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm still expecting Emoryoid to show up within the next 30 days to start bitching about the deficit again and how he's worked so hard for his social security.

• Haha 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult