The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Only 10 Republicans voted to impeach, think about that

I've already contacted my sedition representative in TX-31 multiple times leading up to the vote but now I'm committed to doing everything I can to get that fucker out of office in two years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This is basically the core functional problem within our democracy right now. Thanks to the GOP's obstructionism the only way we get anything done is by attaching thousands of pages of riders onto must-pass bills.

We need actual, narrow legislation from actual legislators, not this bullshit that we've been dealing with since Obama took office.

You can blame it on whoever you want. The Dems held all 3 during the first 2 years of Obama and squandered it. It's not obstructionism it's non-representational trash government focused on bloated, horribly written legislation that favors only a true subsegment of the constituents. 

The reason we have radicalized republicans who have adopted Q anon conspiracy theories is the same. People want change. They are begging for change. They are begging for representation. Neither party is representing the American people and it's causing everyone to blame eachother instead of the people who are the problem. The Senators who refuse to vote on legislation because they value party over country. 

The GOP is more guilty of this than the Democratic party, but that doesn't excuse them. They could stop taking ideological stands and actually let the GOP pass legislation and let it fail spectacularly. Instead they are obstructionalists who are "justified" because it's "doomed to fail" or some other bullshit. Let the idiots make stupid laws, let said stupid laws fail, then fix them when it comes up to vote next.

Or better yet, timebox these so they must be sunset after 8 years and just let them through. 

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

You can blame it on whoever you want. The Dems held all 3 during the first 2 years of Obama and squandered it. It's not obstructionism it's non-representational trash government focused on bloated, horribly written legislation that favors only a true subsegment of the constituents. 

Yeah and I think if you add to this the mistake most make when they win is claiming to have a mandate.   You don't, you barely won.   The populous is telling you its currently being managed wrong, not that everything you think is right.

Yet as the pendulum keeps swinging, whoever it swung to thinks it means what it doesn't and both sides get more and more frustrated.

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

I deem this claim FALSE. 

You are forgetting the power of the filibuster in the Senate that the Dems could never break. Obama had 60 Dems for like one four-month period and that's when the ACA was passed iirc. Classic GOP obstructionism.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I deem this claim FALSE. 

You are forgetting the power of the filibuster in the Senate that the Dems could never break. Obama had 60 Dems for like one four-month period and that's when the ACA was passed iirc. Classic GOP obstructionism.

Well Joe Lieberman, really. Fucking asshole. 

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I deem this claim FALSE. 

Well, that combined with Obama and the Dems' insanely stupid attempt to actually negotiate legislation with the GOP, thinking they could get some Republicans on board. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

Some of y'all voted for this yahoo saying he was reasonable and yet, he pulls this dog shit cop out. Let him know you expect more from his cowardly ass. 

For what it's worth - I watched the speech and I don't hate the take even though I don't agree with it. His point is that the president's conduct with Mike Pence is more clearly outside the law than his speech. My response would be that the difference between incitement to insurrection and controversial political speech is whether or not a seditious insurrection follows the incitement. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Well, that combined with Obama and the Dems' insanely stupid attempt to actually negotiate legislation with the GOP, thinking they could get some Republicans on board. 

Major bi-partisan legislation was routine in every presidency up until the black guy took office. I don't fault Dems for not understanding that the first black president would make a third of the country completely lose their minds. I will fault them going forward if they don't use the tools at their disposal now to counter the GOPs madness.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

They deserve their impending schism.

Schism?  Dude....95.3 to 4.7 isn't a schism.  4.7% barely rises to the level of a feeble whisper of dissent.

The schism is over.  The GOP is entirely aligned with Trump and Trumpism.  Lack of even a platform other than "whatever Trump says" out front shoudla told you that.

• Hook 'Em 1

For what it's worth - I watched the speech and I don't hate the take even though I don't agree with it. His point is that the president's conduct with Mike Pence is more clearly outside the law than his speech. My response would be that the difference between incitement to insurrection and controversial political speech is whether or not a seditious insurrection follows the incitement. 
This is what I think. There were 3 other reps that were in agreement with Chip on that opinion.

Dan Crenshaw, Nancy Mace, and John Curtis.

Ultimately, they are wrong. Impeachment was right. It would have been nice to have these 4 vote yes, or even to not vote at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This is what I think. There were 3 other reps that were in agreement with Chip on that opinion.

Ultimately, they are wrong. Impreachment was right. It would have been nice to have these 4 vote yes.

HIs conduct in pressuring Pence was outside the law.

His conduct in threatening the GA SOS was outside the law.

His conduct in inciting violence was outside the law.

The great thing about this POTUS is you just have to pick WHICH crime in the last two weeks you want to impeach him for.  Not "if" there was a crime.  Just "which one?"  Which means....impeach.  Fuck it, introduce another article of impeachment and vote on that one tomorrow.  Fucking impeach him every motherfucking day, IDGAF.  He's a goddamned psychopath criminal, never stop ruining him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, softlynow said:

Major bi-partisan legislation was routine in every presidency up until the black guy took office. I don't fault Dems for not understanding that the first black president would make a third of the country completely lose their minds. I will fault them going forward if they don't use the tools at their disposal now to counter the GOPs madness.

So much this.  Dems didn't start the war, but they god damn well have to finish it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

Just think if he did something crazy like lead a coup that targeted the VP and Speaker of the House for assassination. 

Republicans only impeach presidents for lying about blowjobs. Apparently they really hate blowjobs, at least ones from women. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

The reason we have radicalized republicans who have adopted Q anon conspiracy theories is the same. People want change. They are begging for change. They are begging for representation. Neither party is representing the American people and it's causing everyone to blame eachother instead of the people who are the problem. The Senators who refuse to vote on legislation because they value party over country. 

The GOP is more guilty of this than the Democratic party, but that doesn't excuse them. They could stop taking ideological stands and actually let the GOP pass legislation and let it fail spectacularly. Instead they are obstructionalists who are "justified" because it's "doomed to fail" or some other bullshit. Let the idiots make stupid laws, let said stupid laws fail, then fix them when it comes up to vote next.

Or better yet, timebox these so they must be sunset after 8 years and just let them through. 

Gerrymandering has turned our representative government into a hyper partisan government. A congress person from a +-2 either way district is going to be a lot more concerned about being responsive to all their constituents.  A +10 rep doesn’t give a fuck about the other party, and will vote like they have a mandate instead of admitting they are protected by fuckery. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

HIs conduct in pressuring Pence was outside the law.
His conduct in threatening the GA SOS was outside the law.
His conduct in inciting violence was outside the law.
The great thing about this POTUS is you just have to pick WHICH crime in the last two weeks you want to impeach him for.  Not "if" there was a crime.  Just "which one?"  Which means....impeach.  Fuck it, introduce another article of impeachment and vote on that one tomorrow.  Fucking impeach him every motherfucking day, IDGAF.  He's a goddamned psychopath criminal, never stop ruining him.
I completely agree with you.

24 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Gerrymandering has turned our representative government into a hyper partisan government. A congress person from a +-2 either way district is going to be a lot more concerned about being responsive to all their constituents.  A +10 rep doesn’t give a fuck about the other party, and will vote like they have a mandate instead of admitting they are protected by fuckery. 

Lmfao this is hilarious. Those constituents haven't seen shit in either fucking district. That's the problem. 

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

I deem this claim FALSE. 

Oh you mean the cloture rules which are more about decorum than actual constitutional duty? The ones that take a simple majority and the majority leader to change? Those rules? Yeah, those pesky rules!! Damned Republicans! If only there was some really simple mechanism to change the cloture rule!!! 

Spare me. The party power control has nothing to do with filibuster. The cloture rules were designed as HOUSEKEEPING and are now antithetical to their original purpose. Get fucking rid of them. Vote. On. Every. Bill. 

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

Lmfao this is hilarious. Those constituents haven't seen shit in either fucking district. That's the problem. 

Oh you mean the cloture rules which are more about decorum than actual constitutional duty? The ones that take a simple majority and the majority leader to change? Those rules? Yeah, those pesky rules!! Damned Republicans! If only there was some really simple mechanism to change the cloture rule!!! 

Spare me. The party power control has nothing to do with filibuster. The cloture rules were designed as HOUSEKEEPING and are now antithetical to their original purpose. Get fucking rid of them. Vote. On. Every. Bill. 

My kid did a bunch of research on this and there really is no “majority leader”, that’s just some antiquated rules.   The senate could shut Mitch up if it wanted.

12 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

My kid did a bunch of research on this and there really is no “majority leader”, that’s just some antiquated rules.   The senate could shut Mitch up if it wanted.

Kind of. There are rules currently that bestow certain powers to the majority leader out of decorum similar to the cloture rules (read: filibuster for the noobs).

Constitutionally the senate and house have duties. How they are carried out is largely ceremonial and all that. 

Why can't they expel this piece of shit. You can't impeach a president for doing nothing at all on his first day in office. Get rid of this garbage. Anyone who is doing theatrical stunts needs to go. A lot of theatrics on the GOP side today and through the last 2 months. 

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You go girl!

Every accusation is a confession. This from the party that claims the Democrats wanted to impeach Trump from Day 1 despite the fact that they ignored obstruction of justice in the Mueller probe. They didn’t actually impeach him until he’d been in office for three years when he forced their hand by soliciting a bribe from a foreign leader. Now they’re announcing their intent to impeach before Biden’s had a chance to do anything as President, impeachable or otherwise? Nothing surprising about that at all. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Ultimately, they are wrong. Impeachment was right. It would have been nice to have these 4 vote yes, or even to not vote at all.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

This former Trump campaign worker gets a job but then the new company decides he is a liability and let's him go and so he whines on social media. This is very rich so when counting your calories, include this delicious tidbit:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Money talks. Every single non seditionist repub on this board (there seems to be a bunch) dump some money into a PAC that is just centrist enough to condemn these fucks. We have to put our money where our mouth is.

This erosion of America will end everything if we don't do something. 

Edited by HOOKEM4
Fuck ou
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, softlynow said:

I agree.

4 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Can someone explain why Scalise said not to worry because when these companies need something, they will give again? WTF?

That's my thoughts, they should't be buying lawmakers anyway.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Can someone explain why Scalise said not to worry because when these companies need something, they will give again? WTF?

Yeah they’ll give. To the party in power to do something, not the minority insurrection party who lost the senate and the presidency in a 60 day period 

Not sure where to put this but I was watching some news this morning and switched to Fox News for a few minutes and heard multiple lawmakers that were Republican saying this rhetoric and the siege on the Capitol is both sides and we need to blame the Dems along with the Republicans for what is going on.  I find it interesting that for 4 years the Republicans were all, “elections have consequences and we will do what we want”, and literally as soon as they are out of power they are now saying this is both sides fault and we need to come together and forget the past.  One congresswoman from SC said we need to listen to the 75 million people that are upset that voted for Trump.  I don’t remember their attitude for the last 4 years for all of the Democrats that were upset that Clinton lost.  Were they concerned about that half of the country then?  I get the idea of “turn the other cheek” but what is everyone’s thoughts on this.  It actually pisses me off that the Republicans are turning the siege on the Capitol (via Fox News and the like) into its the Dems fault this happened also.
My thoughts? Wholly predictable, dishonest and disgusting. Whatever drum Jack Straw has been beating for four years about Rebublicans isn't harsh enough, and he better articulates my feelings about these fuck heads including my own brother, mother, and many friends who are just now jumping off the ship and looking for forgiveness whilst also seeking quarter and solace for all the fuckery.

That's a nah from me dog. You had years to repudiate this swine; and didn't. He's your brand, wear it proudly- Scarlet Ts, never forget.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Republican Party managed to get 5% of their elected representatives to vote for impeachment, in response to 5 dead citizens from a Trump inspired insurrection.

5 dead - gets you 10 Republican PATRIOTS.  And 197 Republican tacit seditionists. Truly the party of Trump without apology. 

Scarily... my mind again drifts to the fact it took Hitler two tries to gain absolute power. Trump has the Brownshirts in place.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

23 minutes ago, horn4life said:

The Republican Party managed to get 5% of their elected representatives to vote for impeachment, in response to 5 dead citizens from a Trump inspired insurrection.

5 dead - gets you 10 Republican PATRIOTS.  And 197 Republican tacit seditionists. Truly the party of Trump without apology. 

Scarily... my mind again drifts to the fact it took Hitler two tries to gain absolute power. Trump has the Brownshirts in place.

Yea, I told some guys at work something similar, the 6th was our Beer Hall Putsch.  So many people are dismissive of the need for impeachment, especially since it wont be done before he leaves office.  Getting him out of office now would have been nice, but keeping that orange idiot from taking office again is absolutely vital to putting an end to trumpism.  Its a hell of a lot harder to grift and spool them up as the savior when we close that door for good.  

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult