The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Can they handle this on their own? I don't believe that. The party abandoned ideology in favor of Trump fealty long ago. Never bet a trend will end. 

The GOP already crossed the point of no return. Ironically, it is incapable of genuinely acting on behalf of "America First". Party ranks over everything else.

These are painful truths.

All of their leaders were saying the same things about Trump that we're all saying today back before he was elected.  And they decided to stand back and stand by instead of doing something about it once he got elected.  Sorry I can't figured out how to just post the video, but here are clips of Gov Good Hair, Rafael, Little Marco, Senator Ladybug and Ms Nikki all speaking truth pre-election.  Hell Gov Good Hair, despite generally being a moron because he's aggy, nailed the future with a Trump presidency.  What happened to them? 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/11/republicans-warned-against-trump-brianna-keilar-roll-the-tape-nr-vpx.cnn

P.S. - I love Ana Navarro.  She is one of the best I've seen at breaking her foot off in the ass of her opponents.

Edited by NameAlreadyInUse

I was really sad Joe Cunningham lost in 2020 but Nancy Mace doesn’t seem like the worst person on the planet. She may be more of a Romney/Kinzinger type Republican

She ran some shitty ads but she’s been calling out fringe Republicans for a week now 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Can they handle this on their own? I don't believe that. The party abandoned ideology in favor of Trump fealty long ago. Never bet a trend will end. 

The GOP already crossed the point of no return. Ironically, it is incapable of genuinely acting on behalf of "America First". Party ranks over everything else.

These are painful truths.

The GOP is starting to lose corporate donors and BMDs.  Mitch lost his Senate majority.  States like Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada are not going to swing back to Republicans, and Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania sure as hell won't flip again. Trump, Hawley, Cruz, and their patriot friends that stormed the Capitol have given every Democrat running in 2022 an easy set of ads to run.  Oh, and Trump, Hawley, and Cruz's patriot friends are harassing Congressional Republicans who supported the certification.

The GOP is going to have to purge itself pretty fucking fast, or be reduced to minority status for many years to come.  The talk of the GOP clawing back seats in both chambers in 2022 has gone out the window.

And for all of the talk about power that they love, it's money that they need, and this is costing them bigly.

And lest we forget, Cruz, Hawley, etc. disobeyed The Turtle.  The Turtle does not like disobedience that costs the GOP money, power, and Congressional seats.  And The Turtle's wife bailed on Trump, so Mitch has Trump even more pissed off at him.

When asked about everything that went down, Mitch had this to say

reptile_alligator-snapping-turtle_600x30

• Hook 'Em 2

And nobody banned Parler.  Parler folks could buy some servers, find some place to colocate and provide a connection, and be back up and running. 

Sure, it might have to be overseas (they should call up "Q", the guy running 8chan/8kun, he's based out of the Philippines).  But they could do it if they had a competent game plan in case something like this ever happened.

Shit, like I said earlier, the guy who runs Amazon hates Trump, and Trump hates him.  Hardcore and violent Trump supporters should probably never run a service hosted on a company's infrastructure controlled by a guy who hates Trump, since they probably won't have much leeway if they violate the TOS.

Unless this was their way to quietly give Bezos more money.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

The GOP is starting to lose corporate donors and BMDs.  Mitch lost his Senate majority.  States like Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada are not going to swing back to Republicans, and Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania sure as hell won't flip again. Trump, Hawley, Cruz, and their patriot friends that stormed the Capitol have given every Democrat running in 2022 an easy set of ads to run.  Oh, and Trump, Hawley, and Cruz's patriot friends are harassing Congressional Republicans who supported the certification.

The GOP is going to have to purge itself pretty fucking fast, or be reduced to minority status for many years to come.  The talk of the GOP clawing back seats in both chambers in 2022 has gone out the window.

Man. I want what you're having. Never underestimate the Democrats' ability to get completely destroyed in a contest of messaging where they hold all the cards. Two years is a long time. And now the GOP gets to be back to attack/obstruct mode which is where they're most comfortable. 

Within a year, they're going to be sitting comfortably in their minority position, espousing fiscal responsibility and talking about woke culture and abortion as the reason why there is so much civil unrest. And without Trump as a central figure to continually remind people how terrible the GOP is, a lot of people with short memories will buy it.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

29 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Man. I want what you're having. Never underestimate the Democrats' ability to get completely destroyed in a contest of messaging where they hold all the cards. Two years is a long time. And now they'll be back to attack/obstruct mode which is where they're most comfortable. 

Within a year, they're going to be sitting comfortably in their minority position, espousing fiscal responsibility and talking about woke culture and abortion as the reason why there is so much civil unrest. And without Trump as a central figure to continually remind people how terrible the GOP is, a lot of people with short memories will buy it.

I fear this is correct.

47 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Man. I want what you're having. Never underestimate the Democrats' ability to get completely destroyed in a contest of messaging where they hold all the cards. Two years is a long time. And now they'll be back to attack/obstruct mode which is where they're most comfortable. 

Yep.  And as the state races showed, there are a lot of independents or moderate Pubs who crossed the ballot to vote against Diaper Don but down the ballot for the GOP.  I have many friends who did this.  They will go right back to straight ticket because it's Trump that is the problem.  The virus.  It's Trump who is disgusting, not their local rep or their Senator who enabled Donny all the way..... or themselves.  Nothing is wrong with them, it's all Donald.  

Now, that's not to say they will carry the national raw vote in the near future, but they can certainly win state elections and with the electoral college, anything is possible.  The counter to this, is if Trump survives and wants his vengeance.  If he disrupts by supporting primarying some of these candidates or even goes so far as supporting 3rd party candidates to fuck over some of his GOP enemies, then the GOP could be monsterously fucked for a couple of cycles, but the state races prove that the GOP could be back way before folks think....... because they're a lot of stupid fucks in this country.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Beat me to it @PsychMike

I'm not terribly worried about the Democrats and messages. Who are you trying to win? Suburban college educated voters. They can do that. My concern is having the belly for the fight in the long haul. Norms are dead. Dems have got to play hardball. Maybe not every time, this is realpolitik, but it's not going to be collegial and bipartisan until the GOP has some radical change.

I've seen a lot of you buncha aholes switch sides since I wandered in here.

Stay a while. Vote and maybe even run for something.

I had someone text me today from MoveOn asking if I want to run for something.

I shit you not. 

No way. I would be awful.

Some of y'all can do it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Beat me to it [mention=369]PsychMike[/mention]
I'm not terribly worried about the Democrats and messages. Who are you trying to win? Suburban college educated voters. They can do that. My concern is having the belly for the fight in the long haul. Norms are dead. Dems have got to play hardball. Maybe not every time, this is realpolitik, but it's not going to be collegial and bipartisan until the GOP has some radical change.
I shit you not. 
Some of y'all can do it. 

You would be awful?

So....president it is, then.
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I shit you not. 

I wouldn't make it 3 minutes into my first campaign speech before rambling off into a sputtering rage and ending with Tom Smykowski's "what the hell is wrong with you people?!?"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

They will go right back to straight ticket because it's Trump that is the problem.  The virus.  It's Trump who is disgusting, not their local rep or their Senator who enabled Donny all the way..... or themselves.  Nothing is wrong with them, it's all Donald.  

This is what will fuck us.  There are WAY too many people like this.  Some that actually believe it, some that don't pay much attention.  They just know dotard = bad.  They don't bother to look into the deeper problems.

• Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, Js1 said:

She’s so running for something in 22

Can you even imagine plastic Barbie trying to give a campaign speech? Or take part in a debate? Promising political career my ass. She’s looking for a way to grift campaign donations just like daddy. That’s the new family business but none of the Trump kids had a reality tv show to make them celebrities. There won’t be any cult of personality built up around them no matter how much they try to emulate their sleazy, corrupt, criminal patriarch. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Not sure where to put this but I was watching some news this morning and switched to Fox News for a few minutes and heard multiple lawmakers that were Republican saying this rhetoric and the siege on the Capitol is both sides and we need to blame the Dems along with the Republicans for what is going on.  I find it interesting that for 4 years the Republicans were all, “elections have consequences and we will do what we want”, and literally as soon as they are out of power they are now saying this is both sides fault and we need to come together and forget the past.  One congresswoman from SC said we need to listen to the 75 million people that are upset that voted for Trump.  I don’t remember their attitude for the last 4 years for all of the Democrats that were upset that Clinton lost.  Were they concerned about that half of the country then?  I get the idea of “turn the other cheek” but what is everyone’s thoughts on this.  It actually pisses me off that the Republicans are turning the siege on the Capitol (via Fox News and the like) into its the Dems fault this happened also.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Not sure where to put this but I was watching some news this morning and switched to Fox News for a few minutes and heard multiple lawmakers that were Republican saying this rhetoric and the siege on the Capitol is both sides and we need to blame the Dems along with the Republicans for what is going on.  I find it interesting that for 4 years the Republicans were all, “elections have consequences and we will do what we want”, and literally as soon as they are out of power they are now saying this is both sides fault and we need to come together and forget the past.  One congresswoman from SC said we need to listen to the 75 million people that are upset that voted for Trump.  I don’t remember their attitude for the last 4 years for all of the Democrats that were upset that Clinton lost.  Were they concerned about that half of the country then?  I get the idea of “turn the other cheek” but what is everyone’s thoughts on this.  It actually pisses me off that the Republicans are turning the siege on the Capitol (via Fox News and the like) into its the Dems fault this happened also.

This is what they've always done, so um yeah. They take the situation, reframe it and toss it back to the Democratic leadership who fumble it on the one yard line. It's as reliable as Lucy pulling the football away. Where you been, fam?

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Can you even imagine plastic Barbie trying to give a campaign speech? Or take part in a debate? Promising political career my ass. She’s looking for a way to grift campaign donations just like daddy. That’s the new family business but none of the Trump kids had a reality tv show to make them celebrities. There won’t be any cult of personality built up around them no matter how much they try to emulate their sleazy, corrupt, criminal patriarch. 

Pretty sure she'll position herself as the great white hope.   The Burr to her dad's Hamilton.  

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

image.gif.9276f554f1d110c37142e450ba251c3c.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This is what they've always done, so um yeah. They take the situation, reframe it and toss it back to the Democratic leadership who fumble it on the one yard line. It's as reliable as Lucy pulling the football away. Where you been, fam?

Actually its classic "abuser turns everything into the victim's fault" type of behavior.  It's your fault you got hit, you shouldn't have been so angry, why did you make me so mad, I love you baby, please forgive me, it was a one time thing.  We both share blame in this, but mostly you.

• Hook 'Em 9

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Actually its classic "abuser turns everything into the victim's fault" type of behavior.  It's your fault you got hit, you shouldn't have been so angry, why did you make me so mad, I love you baby, please forgive me, it was a one time thing.  We both share blame in this, but mostly you.

Agree. That was the point I was attempting to make, but you are more coherent than I for sure. And the Democrats can't seem to respond quickly enough to that. Very dysfunctional as it stands.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:15 PM, Jhawkmvp said:

The GOP only wants Biden to call off the dogs because they know Trump and his cronies are so stupid and inept that they will have left an evidence trail of their being involved in what went down that will implicate a lot of GOP peeps. They could care less about the country healing or they would never have been involved in standing by, or worse, actually encouraging the division that has been happening the last few years under Trump, especially the post-election bullshit. They are worried about their their seats being in danger in the future, or of being indicted for sedition for that shit show many were involved in encouraging and planning on the 6th. Fuck all those hypocrites. If Democrats and Biden don't shove the elephant cock of justice down their throats then fuck them too.

It's telling that the GOP still won't broadly call on Trump to do what's right for America. They won't even ask him to admit the election wasn't stolen. They want Biden to take the high road.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's telling that the GOP still won't broadly call on Trump to do what's right for America. They won't even ask him to admit the election wasn't stolen. They want Biden to take the high road.

THIS.

If they really wanted to lower the temperature, they'd be telling Trump to get his fat ass in front of the TV cameras, admit he lost, say there was no fraud and denounce any violence BY HIS SUPPORTERS before, on and after Inauguration Day.  

It's not on Joe Biden to turn down the heat - Donald Trump could go out right now and do it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

And in this case we absolutely SHOULD NOT.  Fuck these people.  They need a taste of their own medicine.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Beat me to it @PsychMike

I shit you not. 

Some of y'all can do it. 

And give up posting? Never.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Why would they ask him to admit something they haven't themselves admitted?

23 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Agree. That was the point I was attempting to make, but you are more coherent than I for sure. And the Democrats can't seem to respond quickly enough to that. Very dysfunctional as it stands.

Sorry I beat the kids and choked my wife, but we're getting a divorce so why are you throwing me in jail? How does jail help our family move forward?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Dems need to completely ignore any bullshit questions about "unity" or false equivalence nonsense raised by craven cowards who can't unequivocally denounce the actions of Trump and his Qjahideen.

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

secret service needs to declare her and her entire family as security threats, and ban them from attending.

ACTUALLY

Ivanka being there might stop The Donald from egging on his supporters.  Daddy's Little Girl getting hurt would devastate him, especially if her pretty little face got busted.  He doesn't fuck ugly chicks with scarred faces. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

secret service needs to declare her and her entire family as security threats, and ban them from attending.

Nah, send her an invite and park her in the back next to some unimportant bureaucrat.  She will probably bail on her own instead of facing the embarrassment.  

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

ACTUALLY

Ivanka being there might stop The Donald from egging on his supporters.  Daddy's Little Girl getting hurt would devastate him, especially if her pretty little face got busted.  He doesn't fuck ugly chicks with scarred faces. 

'member when ivanka and jared were supposed to be the moderating force in the white house and stop trump's worst instincts? I 'member.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

The GOP is what is known as a “chickenshit heel” in the wrestling industry. When they have the upper hand, they’re a merciless bully who flouts rules and decorum. They will do anything they can get away with, no matter how awful. But when the tables turn, they suddenly appeal to decency and fairness in a desperate attempt to save their skin. 

I know it sounds trite to analogize politics to something as silly as professional wrestling. But that business is built on manipulating the audience’s emotions such that they lose the ability to distinguish reality from fantasy. Which is exactly what we’ve seen from MAGA world these past four years.

Perhaps the best demonstration that Trump fans view their MAGA revolution as escapist fantasy (rather than real life) is how the Capitol mob reacted to one of their own being shot with a live round. They were stunned. Paralyzed. A single shot was fired, and the pitchfork-wielding mob became a somber, helpless wake. Why? Because the vast majority of these people never expected anyone to really get hurt. It never sunk in that this was real life, not a phony confrontation staged for the amusement of everyone involved. They thought they were playing a part in a Patriots vs. Libtards wrestling show or role playing game and ended up in a real live coup with people dying. And it caught them completely off guard.

Anyway, I think we can understand a lot about the emotional appeal of Trump and the behavior of his followers by studying entertainment formats like wrestling and fantasy games. And maybe by understanding MAGA in that light, we can figure out some ways to mitigate the damage it’s causing.

We're gonna need a shitload of folding chairs......

• Hook 'Em 1

I've long agreed that a shitload of this is kayfabe, but their anger and their dedication are real. They bought into mass delusions willingly and may be shocked out of it momentarily, but they'll dive back in quickly because the delusions are how they rationalize what they want to do, which is bend us to their rule and if we refuse, to kill us.

• Hook 'Em 1

They should let Skanky Vanky attend, and then do that whole "talking around her thing" the world leaders did at that one conference. (probably all conferences, but that instance was caught on tape)

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And for all of the talk about power that they love, it's money that they need, and this is costing them bigly.

And lest we forget, Cruz, Hawley, etc. disobeyed The Turtle.  The Turtle does not like disobedience that costs the GOP money, power, and Congressional seats.  And The Turtle's wife bailed on Trump, so Mitch has Trump even more pissed off at him.

When asked about everything that went down, Mitch had this to say

reptile_alligator-snapping-turtle_600x30

I hear them beating the "fiscal conservatism" drum again.   Someone please remind me what the conservative values were, please.  Seems they have devolved into white supremacy and entitlement.     Maybe it was that all along, but now the big curtain is gone, and they don't give a shit they are exposed.  

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult