The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Just remember that they are a religious fanatic terrorist organization (death cult) and it all makes sense.

Um, okay @Brisketexan except I am edging so far out on the Ledge that some of that listed there is a form of telling us exactly what they're going to try to do, maybe not the batshit crazy stuff, but number two is not a stretch.

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Has the whole world gone crazy?  

ErUpkz6W4AI9mcM.jpg

Nope. Just Nye County. 

Don't be fooled by all that empty desert. Nye County has 2/3 the population of Victoria. Pahrump, the county's largest settlement, is a magnet for all nutjobs in the Las Vegas region. 

RIP Art Bell

• Hook 'Em 2

So, anyone else predicting that Joe Strauss is reading tea leaves to see whether or not to primary Dan Patrick or even Hot Wheels?   Guy has been pretty quiet since leaving the Lege, but starting to see some public condemnations of the recent horse shit.  If Texas remains red (at least next term, it’s likely), I would prefer moderate / economic “conservative” guidance than the nut jobs currently at the wheel.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So, anyone else predicting that Joe Strauss is reading tea leaves to see whether or not to primary Dan Patrick or even Hot Wheels?   Guy has been pretty quiet since leaving the Lege, but starting to see some public condemnations of the recent horse shit.  If Texas remains red (at least next term, it’s likely), I would prefer moderate / economic “conservative” guidance than the nut jobs currently at the wheel.  

No. He would have zero chance. Because he’s not MAGA. It’s that simple.

Lost the popular vote twice

Won the 2016 electoral college by 80,000 votes and lost the 2020 electoral college by much much more, including 5 states flipping

Lost the House and Senate

Turned AZ and GA blue

Bottoming out in the burbs and losing ground in the sun belt 

Oh and the insanity is why they voted for him. No insanity = 2018 results 

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The fuck is that.

If that's real, that's the Texas GOP full-on wrapping themselves up with Qanon.

Probably trying to get control of the Qanon leadership/messaging (think back to the Tea Party groups and how the GOP eventually assimilated them).

Going to make for some good campaigning in 2022.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If that's real, that's the Texas GOP full-on wrapping themselves up with Qanon.

Probably trying to get control of the Qanon leadership/messaging (think back to the Tea Party groups and how the GOP eventually assimilated them).

Going to make for some good campaigning in 2022.

Pretty sure it is real. I was driving 290 east towards Giddings at 1:30 today and saw a caravan of trump sympathizers with their Dotard flags and all heading towards Austin. Gave em the bird. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pretty sure it is real. I was driving 290 east towards Giddings at 1:30 today and saw a caravan of trump sympathizers with their Dotard flags and all heading towards Austin. Gave em the bird. 

Do you remember the Harris campaign bus incident? I think 2022 is going to be worse if we don't get this shit knocked down. They are so emboldened now.

Do you remember the Harris campaign bus incident? I think 2022 is going to be worse if we don't get this shit knocked down. They are so emboldened now.

Yep.

They’re going to openly attack democratic politicians. And repubs they feel are disloyal.

Some will die. It’s just math.

56 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

He's going to have to thread the needle, between not being a MAGA type, while not being too conservative for those moving into the state and/or the younger crowd.

But there's a window there for him to primary somebody, as Texas shift left.  And I think he could put together a machine to back him up.

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They’re going to openly attack democratic politicians. And repubs they feel are disloyal.

Some will die. It’s just math.

They hate Republicans they feel are disloyal more than they hate Democrats, so I think Lindsey, Mitch, Murkowski, Romney, etc. will need to travel by private aircraft.  After seeing that crowd around Linda, and the ones harassing Romney on the plane, holy shit Republicans are in for a wakeup call on the monster they tolerated for too long.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They hate Republicans they feel are disloyal more than they hate Democrats, so I think Lindsey, Mitch, Murkowski, Romney, etc. will need to travel by private aircraft.  After seeing that crowd around Linda, and the ones harassing Romney on the plane, holy shit Republicans are in for a wakeup call on the monster they tolerated for too long.

They're experiencing the same threats AOC and others get daily.  Covid didn't matter either until after some of them caught it.  Then shit got real.

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

The first item, that they’re censuring Cindy McCain, is for having past problems with substance abuse. Party of compassion. At first, I saw this headline, I figured this was from some podunk county gop party with a stranglehold on the local elections so nuts get elected to party chairs.

while the last part seems true, this is for Maricopa county.  4th most populated county in the country.

6 hours ago, Disco Strangler said:

I think Strauss would make an excellent Governor.

• Hook 'Em 1

Accountability and civility only apply to Democratic politicians.  Republicans are the party of no consequences.  No matter what they do, they should never have to deal with the repercussions because reasons.  Unifying the country wasn't important when they were lying about election fraud.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Of course the Republican Party is going to use Biden not stopping impeachment as an excuse to play their natural role as total opposition to him. It was always going to be something that they pointed to and say he's trying to divide the country instead of healing it. Cabinet picks and any of his first 100 days agenda was going to be the next excuse. F them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The new Republican strategy of “blame Biden for the country’s division” make me unspeakably ragey.

Shut the fuck up, Little Marco, you dickless wonder. You’re a Trump supporter. You’ve sacrificed your right to ever criticize any Democrat for anything. 

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The new Republican strategy of “blame Biden for the country’s division” makes me unspeakably ragey.

it wasn’t a tragedy, it was a failed coup attempt you dumb piece of shit Rubio 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The new Republican strategy of “blame Biden for the country’s division” makes me unspeakably ragey.

As I said in the other thread, Lil' Marco is up in '22, he's in Florida, no way in hell he wants to offend Donnie and Sons, especially since he's probably got his eye on '24.

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult