Shooting in Abilene

Errestaurants

2 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Yeah, seems like yelling, cursing, and threatening to kill two bumpkins who are both holding firearms is a bad idea. 

"You aren't going to shoot my husband!"  Uh, you sure about that, lady?

That is what bugs me the most. She was talking about how he has some mental problems. Some kind of anger management issues. Yet she just sits there filming it and not doing what she can to get her husband to just leave. "Honey let's go. It isn't worth it".

I can’t imagine anyone I know ever being in that situation. I can’t imagine if they were in that situation, not simply walking away upon the mere sight of guns.

Did the dead guy not attack the old man?   I don’t know the law here and don’t care to ever know, except mild interest pertinent only to this story. I just wonder if their ultimate defense has a self-defense chance. Seems like it to me. 

I understand not wanting to back down against two bumpkins but they’re holding guns and telling you they are going to shoot.   Risky proposition to call their “bluff.”  Even if they are going to shoot only 1% of the time, the results are serious as it gets.  I wouldn’t take that bet.

I don’t get people escalating a disagreement to brandishing guns so quickly.   We all laugh at videos of two old guys in a fist fight but that’s a smarter way to resolve a violent confrontation.   One guy might lose a few teeth and some pride but everyone goes home for the night.  Now all of their lives are affected (or ended) over some trash/dumpster issue.  Geez. 

The older shooter would seem to have an argument that he was being threatened and standing his ground.  in Texas you can stand your ground as long as you have a right to be where you are standing.  We can’t see what was occurring in the last seconds.  The younger shooter looks to fire at a point that isn’t protecting himself but rather trying to finish off the soon-to-be dead guy.

2 hours ago, po elvis said:

That is what bugs me the most. She was talking about how he has some mental problems. Some kind of anger management issues. Yet she just sits there filming it and not doing what she can to get her husband to just leave. "Honey let's go. It isn't worth it".

Wimmen there won’t treat you mean

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

That was hard to watch. The lady’s anguish was hard to hear.

I’ve likely been a dumbass and could have seen myself acting like both parties at different stages of my wild youth, but I just can’t imagine in my advanced age not de-escalating. The old gray fat guy has to know his options suck and you lose either way by not de-escalating and instead smugly repeating “better back off”; you get beat up or you kill someone. Maybe I just have too much respect for life at my age, but it’s just not worth it. This is as callous and senseless as any young black Chicago death over a corner.

How could you ever act like either party?

One thing I’ve learned in my travels throughout the world is that if you are going to be a total asshole, then you need to be able to back it the fuck up. You need to have some situational awareness and a little common sense or your going to wake up in a foreign hospital without any teeth.  

This is a classic case of a guy with a temper problem trying to rectify his bruised ego with a doofus who has a gun. The guy cannot accept that he was beaten. Dude, gun = checkmate. Call the cops and file a police report, show them the video to see if he fucked up and gets arrested. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

One thing I’ve learned in my travels throughout the world is that if you are going to be a total asshole, then you need to be able to back it the fuck up. You need to have some situational awareness and a little common sense or your going to wake up in a foreign hospital without any teeth.  

This is a classic case of a guy with a temper problem trying to rectify his bruised ego with a doofus who has a gun. The guy cannot accept that he was beaten. Dude, gun = checkmate. Call the cops and file a police report, show them the video to see if he fucked up and gets arrested. 

I think that is what they were after.   Just pushed it too far.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The older shooter would seem to have an argument that he was being threatened and standing his ground.  in Texas you can stand your ground as long as you have a right to be where you are standing.  We can’t see what was occurring in the last seconds.  The younger shooter looks to fire at a point that isn’t protecting himself but rather trying to finish off the soon-to-be dead guy.

Agree with this take.  The old guy with the pistol was calm and depending on what happened in those two seconds might have been justified in shooting.  I don’t think the young guy could have been.

The chest hair bikini top, cockroach sized mole near his armpit, haircut and rustler jeans are the superfecta of white trash.

what do you think those guys talk about at dinner?

”Daddy, I don’t git why I cain’t keep wearing the diapers?  You know I’m ascared to go in the bucket. If you make me wear underwear’s I’m just gonna fertend they is still my diapers a go in um’ anyway.”

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Newdoc said:

They’re going to jail for a long time. They don’t look like the type of family that will afford a decent defense. Any public defender worth anything will get these guys to plea to a lesser charge.

Wouldn’t shock me if an advocacy group helps them with their defense.

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Wouldn’t shock me if an advocacy group helps them with their defense.

Yep, and with the stand your ground law they could win.  Their biggest problem is that their were multiple shots.  Double tapping a dude lying on the ground is murder.

Angry dude act threatening they are allowed to pull out a gun.  Angry dude charges they are allowed to shoot.  If this was only a single shot they probably wouldn’t have even have been arrested.