Texas vs TCU Game Thread

Vertigo

Texas is definitely not a team that plays to a "standard" on offense. They don't try to score points on every possession.  If the score is close, Tom is content to punt-punt-punt all day long.  Totally lets the opposition dictate to him. Incredibly frustrating.

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

TCU is garbage. They are a 7-8 win team this year

Beck/Herman coaching decisions costing us this game

we should easily be up by 10

cumbie is out of ideas. Our D is playing great. The deep pass on weak ass boyd is the only thing they have going for them. If we spy the qb and give their WRs a cushion, we win this game easily

Best post on this thread. TCU is not very good. Down year for the big 12 might save Herman’s job if he can survive Black Saturday VI.

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

Don’t forget Omenihu.

yep him too. they'd all be 2nd or 3rd team on the teams 10+ years ago. 

this is the type of shit that makes you wonder about the state of the program. we got starters and guys like hager that are on alllll the marketing that would not even get PT on the vince/colt teams. WTF

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

this thread is more negative than i would expect. Outside of one terrible terrible play call, we have played very well.

I don't get it either.

I'm happy with what I'm seeing. Our offense has played better than theirs so far and our defense is stout. That last series from Robinson gashed us but that's it.

this thread is more negative than i would expect. Outside of one terrible terrible play call, we have played very well.

I was satisfied until we started playing and coaching like shit the last 5 minutes. We shot ourselves in the foot more than Fatterson did besides running their QB more.

Just now, BigHorn'13 said:

Maybe but his unathleticness (don't care if that's a word or not) shows in our athletic backfield. He's gonna keep getting picked on

The mistake was on hager, watch the replay. He should have slanted along with the rest of the D-line to disrupt the QB keeper. Locke played it well.

WTF is so hard about running north and south on 4th and 1, Beck?.  Give them a short field and let them push off to get a lead.  There better be something good offensively coming out to start the second half or this one is likely to be over.  Robinson has begun to show up in their running game and you can bet they will keep going to him on the rpo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

There's such a clear improvement for this team between 2017 and now, it's tough to be mad. We're still a year away from beating TCU

nah fuck that. this is a transition year for tcu too. they will be better next year and we have to play them in ft worth. we need to beat them now.

Just now, Stunns38 said:

I was satisfied until we started playing and coaching like shit the last 5 minutes. We shot ourselves in the foot more than Fatterson did besides running their QB more.

Maybe you noticed that 5 minutes coincided with TCU making some defensive adjustments and stuffing us up the middle. From our own 5 we ran twice for -2. The series before that they had guys in our backfield 3 straight plays

2 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Momentum just really means confidence.

that wasn’t a push off.

mensa needs to take over the play calling.

kris Boyd isn’t as good as the hype but he’s still better than most corners in the big 12.

we need to run downhill instead of this sideways bullshit.

This should be the halftime plan

Just now, pch said:

WTF is so hard about running north and south on 4th and 1, Beck?.  Give them a short field and let them push off to get a lead.  There better be something good offensively coming out to start the second half or this one is likely to be over.  Robinson has begun to show up in their running game and you can bet they will keep going to him on the rpo.

This!! Don't fucking outside pitch against an undersized speed team. Jeeeesusss Christ!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

boyd plays like he's constantly scared of getting burned. he overplayed the slant there. just dumb.

Common CB technique to take inside position on that play. You make them take the tougher throw, using the sideline as another defender. He didn't overplay a slant, just played football and got outplayed by the QB/WR. The two-handed push off helped, some back judges call that from time to time given that is was so one-sided.

I agree with the poster who said Boyd should be allowed to play tighter and stuff the WR at the line there.

Edited by pacman

3 minutes ago, Texas said:

Texas is definitely not a team that plays to a "standard" on offense. They don't try to score points on every possession.  If the score is close, Tom is content to punt-punt-punt all day long.  Totally lets the opposition dictate to him. Incredibly frustrating.

We went for it on 4th down in our own territory (with a dumbfuck playcall). Are you even watching?

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

you mean Hager jumping inside and rushing upfield with his eyes closed again was a bad play?

If Graham was in on that play, then it is on the coaches. He has been very good short yardage. Guarantee he would have forced Robinson to pitch.

With Hager on the field, we are playing with only 10 players on most downs.

Edited by pacman

6 minutes ago, Texas said:

Yep. The Mack and Greg coaching tree. 

8 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Someone help me understand here.

TCU has blown us out 4 years straight. They're a really good team.
And we're playing them tight and had a lead for most of the half.

What's up with the constant negativity? This is a hell of a ball game, and we're playing hard. WTF?

Can’t speak for anyone else but we should be winning by at least 7 tbh. I’m kinda sick and tired of helping other teams beat us. That 4th down call makes me question life 

Maybe you noticed that 5 minutes coincided with TCU making some defensive adjustments and stuffing us up the middle. From our own 5 we ran twice for -2. The series before that they had guys in our backfield 3 straight plays

I don’t think they made any major adjustments on D but they did start working our O line particularly the right side. Looks like they got a little winded toward the half.