Texas vs TCU Game Thread

Vertigo

4 minutes ago, GottaB said:

There are OBVIOUS bad play calls that should have us with a lead right now. And if it were just today, nobody would care. It’s the same crap every week.

I saw TCU running a lot of negative plays. No comments about their shitty play calls?
We held them to 2 FGs on their first 6 drives.

If we hadn't missed that FG it would be a tie game right now

8 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

TCU is garbage. They are a 7-8 win team this year

Beck/Herman coaching decisions costing us this game

we should easily be up by 10

cumbie is out of ideas. Our D is playing great. The deep pass on weak ass boyd is the only thing they have going for them. If we spy the qb and give their WRs a cushion, we win this game easily

I love how every team we play is “garbage”.  When we beat TCU I will be extremely pleased and fucking hating losers like you will be poo pooing it. You must be a miserable person IRL. 

Fucking snap out of it people. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

this thread is more negative than i would expect. Outside of one terrible terrible play call, we have played very well.

we see the potential dude. right now a handful of overrated players and the guys making 6/7 figures are holding us back. we should be up 10 at least right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lol that u think this tcu team is winning 9-10 games this year

they are completely average

TCU will go 9-3 this year. And you’re still a moron. 

Taileur us fucking terrible. 

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lmao at anyone thinking this TCU team is any good

TCU has a terrible game plan today.  They’re better than this.  Drove down the field with pass after pass the first drive and then decided to run.  Then they wait to run their qb until the end of the half.  Pass and run the qb and the secondary this game opens up easily

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I love how every team we play is “garbage”.  When we beat TCU I will be extremely pleased and fucking hating losers like you will be poo pooing it. You must be a miserable person IRL. 

Fucking snap out of it people. 

There seems to be a narrative developing that we should be perfect and it's Mensa's fault we're not.

Thanks, MENSA

Didn't Patterson say they felt very confident about know our tendencies? 

I think they came in thinking this would be an easy win if we don't capitalize on this... another shot in the foot. If we could get more going in the passing game (like call some passing plays), I think we could get back on top and pull away. The game is still very much winnable. 

19 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

What's up with the constant negativity?

Our defense is playing well overall. The tone of the offense got worse as the half went on. This isn’t about a fourth-down play call. This is about puckering up when you barely have a lead. It’s about slow developing plays against the fastest defense we’ve seen all year.

It’s about an offense that looks like it is running through quicksand and leaving our defense with a short field. This 2nd qtr offense was almost exactly like it looked like last year.

You’ll have to forgive me if I don’t pump sunshine like Aggie playing Clemson close. We’re still down at the half and we shouldn’t be. I believe Texas can win this game if our offensive playcalling pulls its collective head out of its butt.  Otherwise special teams or the defense are going to have to score. 

Edited by Newdoc
  • Like 1

Just now, Disco Missile said:

I see 3 more points because we missed a FG.

But where did the extra TD come from?

tcu's last td was solely because field position switched on that 4th down play.

also you should get more than 3 pts when you start two drives on your 40yd line and their 47yd line.

I think TCU is still coming down from the OSU game and will start humming in the 2nd half. Mensa better take over the playcalling AGAIN. We should be ok on D but will give up some big plays.

Hey, but like some posters are saying, at least we’re not getting blown out like in the Charlie years. That’s our new standard.

Come on Horns!!

I want to see less bullshit from Hager and Boyd, even more plays by Jones, a little more yardage from Sam on the ground to keep them honest, definitely some LJH as an alternative to Collin, I'd like to see some fucking downfield blocking by our receivers, quicker screens or none at all . . . and I'm a fucking troglodyte when it comes to football. 

We can play FAR better.  We can't make our O-line more talented, and frankly, I don't think they did all that bad.  Sometimes those TCU linebackers are just gonna shoot the right gap and we're gonna take a loss.  But for fuck's sake, a pitch on 4th and less than a yard?  Really?  How many other times did we have unforced errors?

This is the kind of game we NEED to win.  We're trying to lose it.  Mistakes happen. They shouldn't happen among the coaches.

• Like 1

Just now, Bruh Man said:

tcu's last td was solely because field position switched on that 4th down play.

also you should get more than 3 pts when you start two drives on your 40yd line and their 47yd line.

You should, but good defenses can stop that.
Do you think TCU's defense isn't good?

And TCU's last TD was solely because they changed their offense entirely for one series and let Robinson run it, which caught us off guard.