Texas vs TCU Game Thread

Vertigo

23 hours ago, Machinator said:

He got the hip pointer in the first half, missed some series for treatment, but was back in the second half and got 2 first downs on 4 consecutive carries in an important drive. So he can and will play hurt and be productive. That’s some want to, and I’m sure the coaches and team noticed as well. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Agreed....the more the merrier.  It is an Aggy thing   Limiting fandom to just alumni is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.   It's like Aggy is telling us that it is OK that their school and teams are so unlikable that only alumni should pull for them.   It's their default defense reply when cornered comparing the two or making fun of them and just pathetic.
Could you imagine what the fanbases of Bama, LSU, Arkansas etc.  would be like if only alumni were allowed to take part?   Stadiums would be ghost towns.

Oh fuck off aggy.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, HuntinHorn said:

This sounds very Aggy...

Do Longhorn fans actually use those terms?

TCU fans do. One sweaty balding one asked my friend if he got his shirt at Wal-Mart. 

And I don't waste money on visitor nosebleed seats. We were 20 rows back in the old student section surrounded by rowdy Horns fans. 

Nice clean Fox highlights

Sterns is going to be an all timer but man Brandon Jones has really come on this year as well.  He slammed a dude to the turf with one arm (:37s) after his pick.  Its not in these highlights, but he also popped the hell out of Turpin on a sideline catch.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Nice clean Fox highlights

Sterns is going to be an all timer but man Brandon Jones has really come on this year as well.  He slammed a dude to the turf with one arm (:37s) after his pick.  Its not in these highlights, but he also popped the hell out of Turpin on a sideline catch.  

Hell yeah, damn Turpin caught it though.

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Davante Davis PBU on a key 3rd down should be included.

On LJHs TD, watch the LBs bite hard on Sam's feet.  It opened up the space for that pass.  Really killed the 8-man coverage.

He tucked the ball too.

I think the coaching is finally starting to work with Sam, he went full Sam/Tebow mode then he reverted back to QB mode. thank God.

2 hours ago, Hozz said:

Jones and Gary Johnson are two of my favorite players to watch this year.  Always flying around, sideline to sideline, hitting hard, wrapping up (minus that first TD by USC).  He's really progressed.  

3 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
5 hours ago, HuntinHorn said:
I would call them Texas fans for fear of sounding like an Aggy.....but I'm weird like that.

You do sound aggy, aggy boy.

Phelgm....you are little more cunty than normal today.  Your mom's AC go out in her basement today or something?

Edited by HuntinHorn

The sponsors can change the name to fuckall but it will always be the red river shootout.

Will always be the RRS in my eyes.

I fell in love with texas when I was a lil shit in Memorial Stadium bleachers watchin earl run.

Im an alum, but even if I wasnt Id still love the horns just as as much.

Any fan of texas is a friend to me. Alum or not

and M Huff is a bad man. Love that DBU shirt and dudes got some guns

• Like 2

Will always be the RRS in my eyes.

I fell in love with texas when I was a lil shit in Memorial Stadium bleachers watchin earl run.
Im an alum, but even if I wasnt Id still love the horns just as as much.
Any fan of texas is a friend to me. Alum or not

and M Huff is a bad man. Love that DBU shirt and dudes got some guns
It aint no red river nothing. It is the best goddamn rivalry football game and weekend in the universe even diminished as it is because all the fucking whippersnappers go to lame ass fern bars on Friday night instead of going to Commerce street and doing battle with the fucking sooners as God himself intended. It doesnt need a cutsey ass brent mouthbreather marketing moron dumbass nickname.

It IS THE TEXAS OU GAME.

Nothing more nothing less.

If you are Texas it is The OU Game and OU weekend if you are OU it is The Texas Game and Texas weekend.

Always has been always will be.

If you call it anything else you are a fucking yankee moron sucker of brent mouthbreather's tiny shriveled flaccid dick and you toss this guy's aggy salad, no jelly.4e533fc5c1172b71978ffb824a87a53d.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Jones and Gary Johnson are two of my favorite players to watch this year.  Always flying around, sideline to sideline, hitting hard, wrapping up (minus that first TD by USC).  He's really progressed.  

Johnson really should be playing in the NFL. He's a grown ass man amongst boys on that field. 

16 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

It aint no red river nothing. It is the best goddamn rivalry football game and weekend in the universe even diminished as it is because all the fucking whippersnappers go to lame ass fern bars on Friday night instead of going to Commerce street and doing battle with the fucking sooners as God himself intended. It doesnt need a cutsey ass brent mouthbreather marketing moron dumbass nickname.

It IS THE TEXAS OU GAME.

If you are Texas it is The OU Game and OU weekend if you are OU it is The Texas Game and Texas weekend.

If you call it anything else you are a fucking yankee moron sucker of brent mouthbreather's tiny shriveled flaccid dick and you toss this guy's aggy salad, no jelly.4e533fc5c1172b71978ffb824a87a53d.jpg

First non-retarded thing you've posted today. Congrats. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
3 hours ago, HuntinHorn said:
Phelgm....you are little more cunty than normal today.  Your mom's AC go out in her basement today or something?

Fuck off aggy.

If I were aggy you braindead cumdrunk,  I would be reveling in the usage of t-shirt horns/fans  ...especially by other Longhorns.   Damn son....think!.

It IS THE TEXAS OU GAME.

ou isn’t capitalized. But otherwise dead on.

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:

It IS THE TEXAS OU GAME.

^^^ This is 100% correct.

Back to TCU talk:

On Brandon Jones's interception, can anyone tell me what TCU is doing?

Live, I thought it was screen-go-hook, and Reagor was supposed to hook into the space right behind BJ; hence the bizzare throw right to him.

On replay, it looks like it's supposed to be a screen-post-wheel.  Davante bites on the screen, but he recovers enough to wall the post and blow the whole thing up.  Neither receiver is covered particularly well, but it messed up the play enough to confuse Robinson.  Was Robinson was trying to throw it out of bounds?

33 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

ou isn’t capitalized. But otherwise dead on.

OU is a football program that has been on equal footing with Texas since WW2. As such, I have no problem with capitalizing OU. They can still go fuck themselves, and are still a bunch of choke-artist land thieving jorts wearing sons of bitches but Texas/OU is above petty bullshit like that imo. 

This rivalry is about showing up and playing football - not namby pamby dick measuring. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

OU is a football program that has been on equal footing with Texas since WW2. As such, I have no problem with capitalizing OU. They can still go fuck themselves, and are still a bunch of choke-artist land thieving jorts wearing sons of bitches but Texas/OU is above petty bullshit like that imo. 

This rivalry is about showing up and playing football - not namby pamby dick measuring. 

Dilly dilly

49 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Back to TCU talk:

On Brandon Jones's interception, can anyone tell me what TCU is doing?

Live, I thought it was screen-go-hook, and Reagor was supposed to hook into the space right behind BJ; hence the bizzare throw right to him.

On replay, it looks like it's supposed to be a screen-post-wheel.  Davante bites on the screen, but he recovers enough to wall the post and blow the whole thing up.  Neither receiver is covered particularly well, but it messed up the play enough to confuse Robinson.  Was Robinson was trying to throw it out of bounds?

On replay, Reagor was wide open, both Davis and Sterns covered Turpin. Robinson was looking at Turpin, and when he saw him doubled, he knew he had Reagor wide open. I think he lost sight of Jones, as BJ had initially gone to cover the flat route. Jones stopped when he saw the RB stop his route and floated back into the window. Robinson threw the ball without looking back into that window assuming no Texas defender was there.

I would like to say our DB's baited him into that throw, but most likely it was a coverage bust and a great play by Jones to recognize the pattern concept and float back into a once open window.

Edited by HtownHorn

On 9/23/2018 at 12:07 PM, ztejas said:

Trash talk at a college football game a little too much for you? Might want to try something calmer like women's golf. If you can't take the heat get out of the fucking kitchen. I'm so sick of how soft some of our fan base is.

Also - not every TCU fan was a fuck. One guy was very nice and apologized for his friend and gave me the "good game" handshake. Good group of fans. But if you come in our stadium acting like a doofus I'm gonna let you hear it.

*t-shirt fan

Some stats I heard on the radio (not sure if they're all true):

Sterns played 43 coverage snaps, was thrown at once, and had two picks. That's called range.

Texas won after trailing at halftime for the first time since beating Oregon St in the Alamo Bowl in 2012. (And Case has video proof).

Herman is now 18-1 vs the spread as the underdog since becoming a head coach.

You’re fucking Rocko aren’t you