Texas vs TCU Game Thread

Vertigo

1 hour ago, The Earl of Texas said:

For anyone concerned over Watson getting carries late as opposed to Ingram (who is clearly the better back IMO), go watch highlights to see how Oregon’s RB coughed up the game. Sick for that kid... and super proud of Watson for literally sitting down inbounds in that first down he got on that final scoring drive.

Also post game reiterated that keontay was limited.  Better to use the healthy back to run down clock.

For anyone concerned over Watson getting carries late as opposed to Ingram (who is clearly the better back IMO), go watch highlights to see how Oregon’s RB coughed up the game. Sick for that kid... and super proud of Watson for literally sitting down inbounds in that first down he got on that final scoring drive.
I was wondering why were weren't using Ingram to move the chains and run out the clock. Then saw the post-presser about him being held out with a hip pointer.

6 TCU fans in front of me and my boy. Talked shit in their ear the entire game. This one moutbreather with a greased up combover wouldnt let it go. Came up to us at the end of the game and yelled at my boy in his face (who is 6'4" 190 and played DE at a 5 star Texas high school) and I quote,

"HEY. DON'T YOU EVER CALL ME A PENIS AGAIN"

He left very drunk and very angry.

TCU didn't want no smoke.

Hook 'em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

End of first half, why didn’t we accept offsides penalty and re-kick?  No faith in punter perhaps?  I thought we should have tried to re kick and scoop more yards, run clock , maybe get a bounce .

I think it was more putting faith in the defense to get a stop and respecting turpin as a returner. Then there is some of the not knowing what kind of punt the punter's cousin might provide.

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Sounds like you were really improving the game experience for everyone.

Congrats?

Trash talk at a college football game a little too much for you? Might want to try something calmer like women's golf. If you can't take the heat get out of the fucking kitchen. I'm so sick of how soft some of our fan base is.

Also - not every TCU fan was a fuck. One guy was very nice and apologized for his friend and gave me the "good game" handshake. Good group of fans. But if you come in our stadium acting like a doofus I'm gonna let you hear it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I think it was more putting faith in the defense to get a stop and respecting turpin as a returner. Then there is some of the not knowing what kind of punt the punter's cousin might provide.

yeah true, in hindsight seems like the right call all things considered

14 hours ago, Zavala said:

Great offense against this D - the toughest we will see in the big 12.

DOMINANT defensive performance. Had the run held in check, had em scared to pass, wrecked their QB a few times until he didn't wanna play anymore. LOVE IT.

BALLGAME.jpg

Surprisingly even statistical game..... Surprised Texas had more passing yards.

No doubt the 4 turnovers HUGE reason for Longhorns Victory.......

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

6 TCU fans in front of me and my boy. Talked shit in their ear the entire game. This one moutbreather with a greased up combover wouldnt let it go. Came up to us at the end of the game and yelled at my boy in his face (who is 6'4" 190 and played DE at a 5 star Texas high school) and I quote,

Hook 'em.

Also whats a 5 star high school?

• Like 1

Hook 'em.

Trash talking opposing fans is a total dick move unless they bring it on themselves. You’ve set a terrible example for your son and should be ashamed of yourself. Grow up.
  • Like 9

By the way - the fact that Austin doesn't fill that stadium for a ranked win over a conference opponent on a beautiful Saturday afternoon is fucking embarrassing. (I blame Austin being full of liberal California mixologists).

Let's get to where we were off the field too, please.

• Fuck You 8

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Trash talking opposing fans is a total dick move unless they bring it on themselves. You’ve set a terrible example for your son and should be ashamed of yourself. Grow up.

This times a thousand... whether your "boy" is your son or your buddy, it's a super immature and dick-ish move to trash talk visitors at a college sporting event.  Grow up.  

The best part of the CJ diving TD was that it came on 1st and 20 after the hold - which usually kills our drives - and that after dancing around in the backfield Sam didn't tuck and run but looked downfield. When's the last time that happened?

A lot of positives that we don't normally see. Against USC we had a bunch of throws that were almost-picks but somehow worked or were dropped. Against TCU I didn't really see anything like that. Much more clean and precise.

We still have some boneheaded playcalls like that stupid 4th down pitchout and some RPO where the wrong choice was made, but we're moving in the right direction overall.

And it was funny in the postgame when asked about Dicker's misses and Herman called him 'Cameron' and then said, "Damn, I did it again." He really doesn't want to call kickers by their name in interviews.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

By the way - the fact that Austin doesn't fill that stadium for a ranked win over a conference opponent on a beautiful Saturday afternoon is fucking embarrassing. (I blame Austin being full of liberal California mixologists).

Let's get to where we were off the field too, please.

Meh. CFB games rarely sellout anymore.  Attendance is way down across the board. Sure there are outliers, but no schools sellout every game. Besides , I’m sure there were still well north of 95k there. 

12 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Meh. CFB games rarely sellout anymore.  Attendance is way down across the board. Sure there are outliers, but no schools sellout every game. Besides , I’m sure there were still well north of 95k there. 

Per ESPN:  Attendance: 95,124 

Edited by LTtxfan

28 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

This times a thousand... whether your "boy" is your son or your buddy, it's a super immature and dick-ish move to trash talk visitors at a college sporting event.  Grow up.  

How long have you been going to games?  Just wondering for research purposes or something.  

14 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Thats ticket sales, not butts in the seats. There were maybe 80,000 there

You’re quoting a bot. It determined the post it quoted was regarding the attendance, googled said attendance figure and posted it in bold. The bold part was to try and make us think it isn’t a bot.

nice try.

• Like 1

I think the only thing more annoying than people who don’t show up for games are those that constantly complain about it. It is what it is. We are fickle. That’s us. That stadium will fill up again when we win again. It’s that simple. And I say that’s good, we don’t put up with shittiness for very long.  We aren’t aggy. 

• Like 1