SEC
Record: 3-1
24 California
Record: 3-0
-
25 Texas Tech
Record: 3-1
-
Others receiving votes:Colorado 83, Boise St. 58, Virginia Tech 55, South Florida 50, Oklahoma St. 44, Texas A&M 41, Iowa 31, South Carolina 31, Florida 29, NC State 28, Syracuse 25, TCU 24, North Texas 10, Cincinnati 10, Utah 9, Mississippi 7, Missouri 7, Buffalo 6, Maryland 6, San Diego St. 5, Arizona St. 4.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 2017horn said:

Pretty sure in 2016 after beating ND and UTEP we were ranked #11 going into the loss at cal

We got a lot of love off that ND win, only to follow it up with a loss in Berkeley and a home loss against OSU.

I agree with the above posters that this is the first time in a long time that we’re ranked and deserve to be so.

7 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

7a379ab9b9e894b927cad8ffabfd6f21

That was an exciting finish.
For those that didn't watch, Oregon blew a big lead, had a 3-point lead and the ball with less than a minute in the 4th quarter and fumbled because they tried to run instead of kneel.
Stanford drove down and kicked a FG, threw this TD in OT, then picked off Oregon to end the game.

26 minutes ago, NowThis said:

no team in the country can play Clemson and Bama and come out with a win. They will have 7 or 8 wins, win a mediocre bowl, and declare themselves 2nd or 3rd best team in the country.

And that is why they will never be relevant. When you gain satisfaction from being mediocre, you'll never be great.

15 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

That was an exciting finish.
For those that didn't watch, Oregon blew a big lead, had a 3-point lead and the ball with less than a minute in the 4th quarter and fumbled because they tried to run instead of kneel.
Stanford drove down and kicked a FG, threw this TD in OT, then picked off Oregon to end the game.

I watched but I don’t remember any of it because I was too busy getting hammered celebrating our incredible win. 

25 minutes ago, BigXII said:

It's been a ridiculously shitty 12 months for me and my family, beginning with losing everything in Harvey, getting mugged on my birthday, my sister-in-law getting cancer, and on and on.

But literally within the last month, seemingly everything is turning around. My sister-in-law's cancer is officially in remission as of last week, the house is finally ready to move back in after harvey, I just landed a huge new job, and now Texas is on the rebound.

Enjoying the fuck out of this Sunday.

Fan fucking tastic! Glad things are looking up for you.

12 minutes ago, pacman said:

Fan fucking tastic! Glad things are looking up for you.

I appreciate the kind words. Texas winning might not seem like it belongs in that group of other life-shaking events, but it feels like it does to me. When Texas wins, I feel great for the entire next week. I love my alma mater so much, it's been so long since I've been able to just wholly enjoy them. Went to the USC game last week, and it was enjoyable from start to finish. Starting to feel like the Horns I knew and loved.

I think Texas at 18 is a bit premature. Looked good yesterday for sure but still got punked by a Maryland team that is average at best, not to mention in total disarray. Folks trying to write that one off already, just like last year, but it is a bad, bad loss and it is the only game played outside of Austin this year.

KSU is clearly not very good but has been a boogeyman for this program for a while. Show me competent play can travel on the road with a comfortable win next week and then I think a top 20 ranking may be in order. I think the best this team deserves is a 23-25 spot, and I'd be okay with still being unranked.

Tech should not be ranked, got absolutely dismantled by Ole Miss. I think OU is getting over penalized for the Army game. They would smoke LSU.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I think Texas at 18 is a bit premature. Looked good yesterday for sure but still got punked by a Maryland team that is average at best, not to mention in total disarray. Folks trying to write that one off already, just like last year, but it is a bad, bad loss and it is the only game played outside of Austin this year.

KSU is clearly not very good but has been a boogeyman for this program for a while. Show me competent play can travel on the road with a comfortable win next week and then I think a top 20 ranking may be in order. I think the best this team deserves is a 23-25 spot, and I'd be okay with still being unranked.

Tech should not be ranked, got absolutely dismantled by Ole Miss. I think OU is getting over penalized for the Army game. They would smoke LSU.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think anything around #20 is about right, to be honest. Like, who would you replace Texas with? Once you start getting into that range, you have a lot of teams with 1 really bizarre loss. At least Texas has wins over ranked opponents.

And, honestly, Maryland might be a 7-8 win team this year. The Big 10 is garbage.