bout to lose a brother

Zepol87

I shared this on another thread but figured it might do some good out here on its own. Reach out to someone and maybe stop something similar from happening.

Got a call about an hour ago from my dad. We don't talk much would be an understatement. He said my stop brother who is 24 is headed to Presbyterian hospital and they my other brother found him in the room after he hung himself. My bright cut him down and started CPR, he was blue and limp but did throw up after CPR. They are ruining a CT scan to see if he has any brain activity.

There is long story that I will go into further later about sexual abuse from a family never over a decade ago who is now in prison and drug abuse after that. I talked to him last week and we planned to hit oktoberfest in ft worth Saturday. Lost one of my best friends not long ago and now this shit.

Still no update from the doctors. They are running more tests they say. 

So backstory a little. He was abused as a child by his grandpa who it turned out abused quite a few kids. It finally came out his senior year of high school after the grandpa was caught with another child. I never knew anything about it but it seemed like he had blocked or dealt with it as long as it was a secret but when it got out he went off the deep end with drug use. He has been troubled ever since. The grandpa is in jail now but that didn't seem to help him at all. 2 felonies and some mental issues have taken a toll on him. He seemed to be doing better though. He had a gf that was a shitty person and would tell him during fights that no one loves him and no one would care if he died. Yesterday he got a text from her saying that she didn't want to ever see him again. He went in the room and slammed the door and locked it which is not allowed. One rule for him visiting any of us was door open at all times. Other brother tried to break the door down and when he finally did he was hanging with a sheet around his neck. 

He isn't breathing on his own at this point. He was without blood to his brain for 8-10 minutes is what we were told also. Thanks for listening guys. 

This site is fucked. Bunch of dudes I don't know and probably never will yet I'm worried about some Mexican dude in Dallas and his step bro. 

I have nothing else to add, but I will. Life is fucked up and hard and messy, but the good is so good none of us would trade it for the alternative of never experiencing it. 

• Like 1