Official Surly - Texas At Kansas State Game Thread

Vertigo

1 minute ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

This game would be over if we had a competent playcaller. Absolutely horsemanure

I wasn't joking at all when I said Texas doesn't need to throw a forward pass to win this game.  No idea why they're playing so much sandlot ball against a putrid team.

1 minute ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Well, we had a couple of sustained drives that resulted in a punt and a field goal because we stepped on our own dicks.
Our defense is playing lights out, but they are also getting penalized too damn much.
We are not running the ball enough. I understand 'opening the playbook' but let's get a bigger lead first.
We recovered that fumble. No replay of it shows that these refs are not on our side.
We almost blew it by giving them momentum. Could have been 19-7 with them getting the ball back. Thank god for that stop and for butterfingers.
Hager and Locke need to be replaced full time.

Those are my thoughts after one half. I like the offense when they're running what works. Sam has played efficiently but needs to work on his deep ball badly.

The "refs" aren't on our side or neutral as they should be because they are under that dark sorcerer's spell.

5 minutes ago, Twizzler said:

Hate to bitch about 19-0,  but i will.

I know some of plays were just window dressing for ou, but god they better get some of the stupid out of their system before next week.

This team will play up or down to the level of the opponent. I'm not too worried about next week.

Guys, he was just making the entirely reasonable assumption that K-state would either complete the pass for a TD or else be bailed out by another bullshit pass interference call.  So they probably did have a couple more chances at it.

If it’s a defensive penalty, offense gets another play even if there’s no time left.

Stupid Sooner is stupid.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Don’t call it if he can’t throw it. Problem solved. 

Yea If we don’t throw down field some even if he misses some our receivers would be wasted and our run game and short passing would be shut down.  The real fix is put Shane in for a few series 

I actually like the play calling. There is a rhythm there. I like the quick slants and screens to get an inaccurate QB some confidence. I like the trick plays we are calling that now OU will have to game plan for and waste their time on. Cant stand the Unsportsmanlike conduct BS that our guys are doing but so far this game has been a relief and is going as well as it could go.

While everyone has issues, please enjoy causing headlines like this again:

Not really a lot to say. K-State is — and this is no exaggeration — playing football more poorly than they ever have with Bill Snyder on the sideline.

The Texas defense, via penalty, is the greatest contributor to K-State’s offense.

The K-State offense, via mismanagement, is probably the greatest Longhorn asset today, culminating with a dropped pass from the one-yard line on the final play of the half to keep the Texas shutout intact.

Even the special teams stink.

But at least Alex Delton’s brother hates me now.

We’ll be back in about 90, but we’re not expecting to be in a better frame of mind.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm concerned we're going to play down to OU's level, frankly. 

We've been installing the wing triple option and just putting a bunch of bullshit on tape.

Beck is faking the illness to travel to army to get a brain transplant from their OC.

• Like 1

For those of you that just have to bitch about a dominating performance please just stick to penalties, Sam missing a wide open WR and a dumb play by our WR for a huge loss. Bitching about anything else like play calling makes you look stupid....
Can i bitch about Hager? He's getting dominated or just runs himself out of position on all but 1 play.

Granted, the one play helped stopped a TD.

Just now, Snacks said:

Can i bitch about Hager? He's getting dominated or just runs himself out of position on all but 1 play.

Granted, the one play helped stopped a TD.

Yes. He looks like a chicken with it's head cut off. 

Not sure if he has pictures of Orlando fucking a prostitute or what 

3 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

For those of you that just have to bitch about a dominating performance please just stick to penalties, Sam missing a wide open WR and a dumb play by our WR for a huge loss. Bitching about anything else like play calling makes you look stupid....

There's plenty to bitch about with the playcalling.  We have 10 offensive points against a bad team and we're running trick plays out the ass when we've shown we can get 5-8 yards at a time with the A-B-C offense.

Don't get me wrong, I love the score, but there's room for improvement here.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1