Official Surly - Texas At Kansas State Game Thread

Vertigo

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Look I am not going to say this was a dominant performance but really?

Which other team in the conference had a 16 year home winning streak on us? And comparing the Purple Wizard to Tulsa? Laughable. And ridiculously disrespectful.

Is this your first year watching this K-State series? Because this game was absolutely typical except for the ending.

I mean you would think we were Alabama and expected to win this by 50 with all the comments about this game from some people. You would never think we were a struggling program coming off losing seasons trying to beat a traditional nemesis.

Yep got two monkeys off our back in consecutive weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Look I am not going to say this was a dominant performance or that we should be beating our chests...but really?

Which other team in the conference had a 16 year home winning streak on us? And comparing the Purple Wizard to Tulsa? Laughable. And ridiculously disrespectful.

Is this your first year watching this K-State series? Because this game was absolutely typical except for the ending.

I mean you would think we were Alabama and expected to win this by 50 with all the comments about this game from some people. You would never think we were a struggling program coming off losing seasons trying to beat a traditional nemesis.

Thanks, I asked the question earlier a couple of times without an answer.

32 years.  Crazy

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

If I had to guess, he was trying to save him for OU off that injury, but realized we needed him to ice the Wizard

He is far and away the best RB on the team. Watson is ok but Ingram has the vision and the ability to make himself small  when hitting the los. Yea he makes some boneheaded plays but you gotta live with the freshman mistakes. He doesn’t appear very explosive but that might be because of the injury. 

3 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Murray is going to have a fucking field day with Boyd if he plays like he did today.  He was fucking burnt repeatedly by slow ass, no-name KStaters w/ their backup QB.

By this definition, OU just destroyed Baylor with their backup QB.

Thompson has pretty much been K-State's starting QB all season, but Delton's gotten some snaps here and there.

1 minute ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

He is far and away the best RB on the team. Watson is ok but Ingram has the vision and the ability to make himself small  when hitting the los. Yea he makes some boneheaded plays but you gotta live with the freshman mistakes. He doesn’t appear very explosive but that might be because of the injury. 

I think he's still a little gimpy

Edited by Bevo14

20 minutes ago, ousux said:
32 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:
The team grew and learned a few things today. We've got a solid shot against OU, but we need to step it up another notch.

I'd really like to win a game without depending on special teams or defensive TD's...we really don't have a lot of wins where we straight up outscore the other team on offense.

Defense and special teams are part of the game. Fuck if I care if we score 10 TD's on D. Fucking win

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

By this definition, OU just destroyed Baylor with their backup QB.

Thompson has pretty much been K-State's starting QB all season, but Delton's gotten some snaps here and there.

My bad.  Still, this is a horrid KState team and neither QB is worth a shit. 

Boyd needs to figure it the fuck out before next Saturday.

1 minute ago, Xcalibur said:

On the real though, fuck OU.  We are the best team they will have played all season.  Their defense sucks, we will be able to score.  Our defense is good, we can limit their points. Fuck OU.

I am choosing to believe this while drinking my beer and celebrating our victory.

4 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

It's crazy to be so disappointed by our lackluster performance today when the defense only gave up 200 yards. Heh.

This team has SO much potential. Just wish we can put it all together for four quarters and blow someone the fuck out. Would really be nice for that to be against ou.

Alternatively, I hope they just keep finding ways to win. I agree there is so much potential for this team and when they do put it together and see what they can do, they will destroy anyone in front of them. For now though, let's just keep winning any way we can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mininghorn88 said:

Is this why Jamison was no longer returning punts?  Jones was back there mostly.

According to Coach, Jones is the PR on the "safe" return team, which they use when they have a lead and are fielding a punt near the goal line. He says Jones makes better veteran decisions on when and not to call a fair catch. It makes sense.