Official Surly - Texas At Kansas State Game Thread

Vertigo

1 minute ago, thepop said:

2012 I think. We were #11, OU was in the single digits I think. We got destroyed (thanks Mack!)

Been watching ticket prices since last sunday. A week ago, nose bleeds were $180. Tickets are about to explode for the RRS.

Fuck OU!

Conference win on the road at a place that has been a house of horrors for us. I will take that any day. You can tell this team is learning how to win and developing into a team that plays smart at the most important times unlike under Charlie. Coach Herman is showing why he is worth $5 million a year and why he was considered the hottest name in college football. Love our coach.

• Like 4

Shades of Tulsa.  This team can't stay focused.   Not any one thing but tons of little things we did poorly today.   We absolutely lose this game against most teams in the conference.  I'll take the W for sure but this team has to learn to stay focused and never take foot off the gas.  I'm also scared shitless of what KM and those OU slot receivers will do to us.

• Like 1

Just now, Skipper said:

Shades of Tulsa.  This team can't stay focused.   Not any one thing but tons of little things we did poorly today.   We absolutely lose this game against most teams in the conference.  I'll take the W for sure but this team has to learn to stay focused and never take foot off the gas.  I'm also scared shitless of what KM and those OU slot receivers will do to us.

If there's one thing Herman's teams always do, it's play up for big games. Enjoy breaking a 16-year streak and know we'll come out fucking swinging against the methheads.

• Like 1

Interesting.  This was on my phone feed...

https://www.burntorangenation.com/

When the Texas Longhorns attempted to take the field at Bill Snyder Family Stadium in Manhattan on Saturday before the game against the Kansas State Wildcats, the team was faced with a problem — the home team was using the entire field to warm up.

mKmSmsh863s_JJLf?format=jpg&name=medium

Kansas State players using the entire field for warmups. Texas players are looking for some room.

Predictably, the situation soon escalated, as Kansas State continued to keep Texas players from having any space to go through their normal pre-game activities.

Looks like the competitive juices are flowing. Several Texas players got into a skirmish with Kansas State players after Kansas State began warming up on Texas’ side of the field.

Video quickly surfaced with showed some mild shoving between Texas senior tight end Andrew Beck and several Kansas State players who refused to retreat to the other side of the field, as is common during warmups — one team gets one side of the field and the other team gets other.

A Wildcats player touched Beck, who threw a football at his opponent. A Texas staffer separated the two while the Kansas State player yelled at Beck.

vi3z-4MfPXLwJLVe?format=jpg&name=medium

Because Kansas State players refused to allow Texas players to warmup on their side of the field, a fight between TE Andrew Beck and another player nearly ensued.

Towards the end of the video, it appeared that other Longhorns staffers intervened to deescalate the situation by getting the Wildcats players to retreat to the other side of the field.

Note the contrast to this behavior by Kansas State players before the game in violation of college football norms compared to the outrage from certain quarters last week when Texas put the TCU band in the upper deck in order to give students priority seating.

The team grew and learned a few things today. We've got a solid shot against OU, but we need to step it up another notch.

I'd really like to win a game without depending on special teams or defensive TD's...we really don't have a lot of wins where we straight up outscore the other team on offense.

3 minutes ago, BNB said:

Interesting.  This was on my phone feed...

https://www.burntorangenation.com/

When the Texas Longhorns attempted to take the field at Bill Snyder Family Stadium in Manhattan on Saturday before the game against the Kansas State Wildcats, the team was faced with a problem — the home team was using the entire field to warm up.

mKmSmsh863s_JJLf?format=jpg&name=medium

Kansas State players using the entire field for warmups. Texas players are looking for some room.

Predictably, the situation soon escalated, as Kansas State continued to keep Texas players from having any space to go through their normal pre-game activities.

Looks like the competitive juices are flowing. Several Texas players got into a skirmish with Kansas State players after Kansas State began warming up on Texas’ side of the field.

Video quickly surfaced with showed some mild shoving between Texas senior tight end Andrew Beck and several Kansas State players who refused to retreat to the other side of the field, as is common during warmups — one team gets one side of the field and the other team gets other.

A Wildcats player touched Beck, who threw a football at his opponent. A Texas staffer separated the two while the Kansas State player yelled at Beck.

vi3z-4MfPXLwJLVe?format=jpg&name=medium

Because Kansas State players refused to allow Texas players to warmup on their side of the field, a fight between TE Andrew Beck and another player nearly ensued.

Towards the end of the video, it appeared that other Longhorns staffers intervened to deescalate the situation by getting the Wildcats players to retreat to the other side of the field.

Note the contrast to this behavior by Kansas State players before the game in violation of college football norms compared to the outrage from certain quarters last week when Texas put the TCU band in the upper deck in order to give students priority seating.

Omg shut the fuck up about the band

2 minutes ago, BNB said:

It's our fucking stadium.  Your band sits where we put them, if we let them in at all.

Everybody wants to hate Texas again?  Maybe we are back.

1 minute ago, ousux said:
13 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:
The team grew and learned a few things today. We've got a solid shot against OU, but we need to step it up another notch.

I'd really like to win a game without depending on special teams or defensive TD's...we really don't have a lot of wins where we straight up outscore the other team on offense.

I really don't give a shit how we win.  LOL

12 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Final Score:

W 19-14

First Downs:
Texas – 22
KSU – 17

Third Down Conversions
Texas – 8-14
KSU – 6-15

Total Yards:
Texas - 339
KSU - 217

Passing:
Texas – 30-38, 228 yds, 1TD/0Int
KSU - 11-25, 110 yards, 0/0

Rushing:
Texas - 29-111, 3.8 ypc
KSU - 39-107, 2.7 ypc

Texas – 30:10
KSU – 27:30

Penalties:
Texas – 10-104
KSU – 0-0

GOOOOOOO LONGHORNS

The Big 12 refs tried to rip us off but we won anyway!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Shades of Tulsa.  This team can't stay focused.   Not any one thing but tons of little things we did poorly today.   We absolutely lose this game against most teams in the conference. 

Look I am not going to say this was a dominant performance or that we should be beating our chests...but really?

Which other team in the conference had a 16 year home winning streak on us? And comparing the Purple Wizard to Tulsa? Laughable. And ridiculously disrespectful.

Is this your first year watching this K-State series? Because this game was absolutely typical except for the ending.

I mean you would think we were Alabama and expected to win this by 50 with all the comments about this game from some people. You would never think we were a struggling program coming off losing seasons trying to beat a traditional nemesis.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Herman needs to reinvent the wheel on offense. Same fucking 4 plays over and over at the end there was miserable. Bubble, dive, rb bubble, slant

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

It's our fucking stadium.  Your band sits where we put them, if we let them in at all.

Everybody wants to hate Texas again?  Maybe we are back.

To be fair, they've been hating us the entire time we've been down. We just haven't been able to put a worthy enough product on the field to shut them the fuck up until now. That doesn't mean we are back and it doesn't mean we have finished growing as a team. There is still a whole lot left to do before the first can be stated and the second is an ongoing process.

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Lol Matt Leinart on some Herman type shit "Its hard to win games every week" he didn't say ot bout us but when they were talking the Clemson and Cuse game

Well, he’s fucking correct. Any given week you see some crazy shit. That is the biggest change over the last 30 years. The percentage of gimme games has dropped considerably.