10/14 AP Top 25 Poll... Texas is #7

The Tower

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Agreed. Despite being #7 we wouldn't even be worth mentioning in a top 4 talk were it to happen right now. BEST case scenario for this team is just being able to get our hat somewhere near the table come December.

When we were ranked >#20 in the preseason we were picked for the playoffs. Kindly fuck off.

CTJ is spot on here, and he was the first to call it, but it's just so obvious. You add nothing. You gyrate between worthless and factually incorrect. That is the space that you occupy. It's your very best and it's terrible. [/caseofthemondays]

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

When we were ranked >#20 in the preseason we were picked for the playoffs. Kindly fuck off.

CTJ is spot on here, and he was the first to call it, but it's just so obvious. You add nothing. You gyrate between worthless and factually incorrect. That is the space that you occupy. It's your very best and it's terrible. [/caseofthemondays]

Don't be some fuckstick who's like "Bro I told you we'd make the playoffs y'all are dumb"

• Fuck You 2

I love it when people say "if Tulsa doesn't miss 3 FGs they beat us" while ignoring that if we don't miss 2 FGs vs Baylor we win by 12 and instead say "Baylor was one play from beating us."

You can really tell how much of a negative personality someone is by what they focus on. If they look at wins and only see what might have happened to turn it into a loss - that just shows their inability to be happy about anything. I can be unhappy about things that occurred along the way but I'd rather go thru life happy that we won despite the mistakes and have hope they can fix things going forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Herman has earned the right to have a 3rd year. Firing him during the bye week seems like a dumb decision right now.

I realize that this post has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but it has been advocated for as many times as anyone expressing unhappiness with our progress on this thread. Nitpicking our faults has been a response to ztejas’ claims that Texas is “back” and would handily take down any team in the country based on a 6-1 record. Particularly, teams in the SEC. We haven’t gone from the Texas Bowl to a college football shotcaller quite yet.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Spankytoes said:

Nitpicking our faults has been a response to ztejas’ claims that Texas is “back” and would handily take down any team in the country based on a 6-1 record. Particularly, teams in the SEC. We haven’t gone from the Texas Bowl to a college football shotcaller quite yet.

Counterpoint-- the Texas Bowl champion Texas Longhorns quite handily took down an SEC team to earn that bowl trophy, so... :)

Clemson@FSU in 2 weeks is going to be very very interesting. As for Texas, take it one game at a time, don't get too big in the skull just yet. 
FSU is not equipped to handle Clemson. One of the power 5's worst OLs against multiple first rounders on Clemson's DL. FSU will struggle to get past 7 points. Clemson is mortal but FSU just isn't capable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, El Squared said:

LSU vs all world Bama May actually be a game...I know , I know, Bama would have to lose 3 times to not be advanced by THE COMMITTEE, but still, I think tiger has a shot in Death Valley.

I'm sure the officiating crew assigned to that game will ensure the league marching orders are fulfilled. Those changed once LSU went no lube into Georgia. Expect all the close calls to go the Tigers way, that way they can get 2 teams into the CFP again.

Can I only imagine the butt fucking aggy is going to get by the officials in their final game if LSU is 10-1.

Edited by HtownHorn

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Do you really think any butt fucking by the officials will be required after the first quarter?

I think there’s a lot of butt fucking going on in aggyland regardless of whether or not football is scheduled for that day.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Your Pom Poms are showing.

USC is currently in the “others receiving votes”. They will lose 4 games this year, including ND, and haven’t beaten anyone of merit. (UW was obviously a “paper champ”) ou doesn’t have anyone left on the schedule worth a shit. They will go 10-2 because they will get upset by Tech or WVU. They are a talented offensive team with a mediocre defense. They played Army, FL Atlantic and winless UCLA in their ooc schedule, which accounts for half of their victories. With their recruiting classes, they should out-athlete their remaining schedule. If we do our job, we’ll see them again in Dallas for Round 2. 

I love Sam, but have you watched our offense play? We need extensive work on that side of the ball. The SEC is all about defense first. We would get straight up manhandled by Bama, Georgia, Florida and LSU right now. Especially when we don’t have consistency in the kicking game to put points on the board. 

Daisy chaining games is dumb. We were also a play away from losing to Tulsa and Baylor at home. TCU keeping up with tOSU doesn’t mean anything other than they are a .500 team we beat.

it was really bitchass for ztejas to neg this post. 

The team is overachieving for sure and I loathe to make predictions more than one game away. That said I was still high on them even after Tulsa this team has an identity that is pretty unique in the current landscape. There won't be any blowouts, not with Sam's injury we really have to cut down his run plays even if drastically affects the offense, reinjuring that shoulder is a legit worry.

11 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

I think Herman has earned the right to have a 3rd year. Firing him during the bye week seems like a dumb decision right now.

I realize that this post has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but it has been advocated for as many times as anyone expressing unhappiness with our progress on this thread. Nitpicking our faults has been a response to ztejas’ claims that Texas is “back” and would handily take down any team in the country based on a 6-1 record. Particularly, teams in the SEC. We haven’t gone from the Texas Bowl to a college football shotcaller quite yet.

When did I say that? Pretty sure everyone got their panties in a wad when I said we wouldn't be in the CFP talk if it started today. That doesn't mean we aren't a top 10 team.

Y'all need to learn to read and follow arguments. I know some of you are old as dirt but that isn't an excuse to be an idiot.

12 hours ago, Modessit said:

You can really tell how much of a negative personality someone is by what they focus on. If they look at wins and only see what might have happened to turn it into a loss - that just shows their inability to be happy about anything. 

I see you've met Nick Saban. 

• Haha 1

When did I say that? Pretty sure everyone got their panties in a wad when I said we wouldn't be in the CFP talk if it started today. That doesn't mean we aren't a top 10 team.
Y'all need to learn to read and follow arguments. I know some of you are old as dirt but that isn't an excuse to be an idiot.
Yes it is you fucking hippie communist!

90ad928031ee189d8f430f8ccc26c0b9.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, NowThis said:

Clemson@FSU in 2 weeks is going to be very very interesting. As for Texas, take it one game at a time, don't get too big in the skull just yet. 

Why is Clemson @FSU going to be interesting? FSU sucks. They're 3-3 with their 3 wins being against Samford, Northern Illinois, and a 2-3 Louisville team. 

Clemson's most interesting regular season game left is, by far, this week's matchup against NC State. Clemson's path to the playoff is so easy it's laughable. 

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

Why is Clemson @FSU going to be interesting? FSU sucks. They're 3-3 with their 3 wins being against Samford, Northern Illinois, and a 2-3 Louisville team. 

Clemson's most interesting regular season game left is, by far, this week's matchup against NC State. Clemson's path to the playoff is so easy it's laughable. 

For the same reason Baylor(did), TT, ISU, will make it interesting for us and we made it more than interesting for OU. Teams find a way to rise above expectations went it comes to hated opponents with an exceptional season going. It isn't very often we have an undefeated team in the championship.  It's even rarer to have two undefeated going into that game.

Alot of bad teams find a way to stick it to their leading conference  rival the final few weeks of the season. It's what makes college football so fun. Last weekend was the beginning.  There will be  several upsets the remainder of the way.

2 hours ago, Gaffords said:

For the same reason Baylor(did), TT, ISU, will make it interesting for us and we made it more than interesting for OU. Teams find a way to rise above expectations went it comes to hated opponents with an exceptional season going. It isn't very often we have an undefeated team in the championship.  It's even rarer to have two undefeated going into that game.

Alot of bad teams find a way to stick it to their leading conference  rival the final few weeks of the season. It's what makes college football so fun. Last weekend was the beginning.  There will be  several upsets the remainder of the way.

And don't forget that Tom Herman coached teams along with getting up for big games, tend to play down to some of their more mediocre opponents.   We saw this in 2016 with Houston losing 4 games when they were predicted to run the table.   The main question will be whether Herman can motivate the team each week and keep them from overlooking the weaker opponents left on the schedule.  

• Fuck You 1

1 Right now we don't deserve and much less need to be in the playoffs.

But for sake of conversation, the playoffs would love a resurgent Texas in the playoffs. That's a lot of eyes added to the playoffs.

I wonder what would happen if we finished off the rest of the season in dominant fashion.

Clemson wins its conference.

tOSU losses Michigan in a close one but wins the rest of the day

Michigan wins the conference but it's a game they are completely flat.

ND wins out. 

Georgia struggles in a couple of wins down the stretch but beats alabamq by 10.

I would be fun to watch ESPN lobby a second SEC 1 loss Alabama over a lossless ND, 1 loss Michigan, and a dominant Texas that hasn't lost since week one.  

29 minutes ago, HornPharmD12 said:

I'm assuming it has been pointed out that Kurt Bohls has us 2 points behind Michigan... which is exactly our margin behind Michigan?

Is there any way we could finish 11-1 and meet Michigan in a bowl?  We beat them again and then next year.....

Edited by Treefidy
Because I know there's not, just sayin

13 hours ago, Gaffords said:

1 Right now we don't deserve and much less need to be in the playoffs.

But for sake of conversation, the playoffs would love a resurgent Texas in the playoffs. That's a lot of eyes added to the playoffs.

I wonder what would happen if we finished off the rest of the season in dominant fashion.

Clemson wins its conference.

tOSU losses Michigan in a close one but wins the rest of the day

Michigan wins the conference but it's a game they are completely flat.

ND wins out. 

Georgia struggles in a couple of wins down the stretch but beats alabamq by 10.

I would be fun to watch ESPN lobby a second SEC 1 loss Alabama over a lossless ND, 1 loss Michigan, and a dominant Texas that hasn't lost since week one.  

Honestly Alabama could lose 2 or 3 and still be in at this point. 

It’s not like there’s many teams playing elite football at the moment. If Alabama wasn’t a factor I’d say the National Champion could be anyone in the Top 10 right now. I think we’d be competitive against OSU, Notre Dame, and Clemson. Alabama would probably fuck us up, but it’s not a given. Missouri is probably the best team they have played. For those hesitant about wanting the Horns to be a playoff team in fear of an embarrassing exit, I think Bamas the only team that could do that to us. 

Edited by CastHorn
  • Like 1