10/14 AP Top 25 Poll... Texas is #7

The Tower

Over the past 6 meetings (all this decade) atm is 3-3 vs MSU, 3-3 vs Ole Miss, 3-3 vs Auburn, 1-5 against Mizzou.

The only winning record they have against anyone borderline relevant in that conference is Arkansas and Arky hasn't been shit for 10 years plus.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We aren’t the #7 team in country IMO but I’ll take it. Hopefully, Sam gets healthy over the bye week.

We are though. No one behind us deserves to be ahead of us. The only argument would be Georgia but they just got strummed.

I mean just look at the poll. It's right there. We've won 6 straight including 2 ranked victories plus a top 10 victory. No one behind us has a better resume whether they are better in a vacuum or not.

The SC win should start to impress. But no one watches Pac 12 games so of course we get shit like UK in the top 15.

We're in a survive-and-advance mode.  We've gone to final possession with 4 mediocre teams (Baylor, Tulsa, KSU, Maryland), and we're 3-1 in those games.  We've also got a few respectable wins.

We don't deserve #7.  At the same time, I'd have a hard time putting 10 teams ahead of us based on everybody's resume.  

Weird year.

If we can survive-and-advance against a mediocre Oklahoma State, we'll get a home game vs WVU as a top-5 team.  We probably have another loss in us, but so do OU and WVU, so we're in better shape than anyone in our league right now.  

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Over the past 6 meetings (all this decade) atm is 3-3 vs MSU, 3-3 vs Ole Miss, 3-3 vs Auburn, 1-5 against Mizzou.

The only winning record they have against anyone borderline relevant in that conference is Arkansas and Arky hasn't been shit for 10 years plus.

Other than lsu and bama, the others are mediocre or worse...actually, aggy could beat these mediocre teams....not lsu.  The west is down other than those two.....advantage aggy.

6 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You're missing the obvious. Not every ranked team is in a P5 conference, so anybody just adding them up is expecting it to equal 25, and it doesn't. You can still be wrong even when you're right, you know.

Walden, I pondered the thought, and I realized I never mentioned anything initially about what or where G5 schools are ranked, only P5 schools... You're putting an issue where there really is none... But yes, there are also G5 schools as Cincinnati & UCF, who are also in the top 25...

13 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You're missing the obvious. Not every ranked team is in a P5 conference, so anybody just adding them up is expecting it to equal 25, and it doesn't. You can still be wrong even when you're right, you know.

plus the numbers do not match with the rankings posted

2 hours ago, deft said:

As usual, aggy logic revolves around comparing losses and not wins. What a loser mentality. It’s their existence. It’s turdition.

1000%.  Texas sucks because they lost to Maryland (who this far isn’t too bad) despite beating 3 ranked teams.   aggy lost to 1 and 2 so they think they are a top ranked team despite no impressive win. And anyone who saw the uK win would say both teams looked unimpressive. 

Edited by Lhorn

2 hours ago, kopp0e said:

At the halftime of the 2018 college football schedule, conferences #'s of teams per league ranked:

Southeastern- 6
Pacific Twelve- 5
Big Ten- 5
Big Twelve- 3
Atlantic Coast- 2

Kop, I know you love the PAC, but what the hell are you drinking right now?

PAC has 3 teams ranked.

2 minutes ago, Loco said:

Wake me up in 3 weeks when all this hand wringing will be over...  Right now it looks like the top 4 is set.  Don't really expect much if any change....  Championship games will tell the tale.

Bama, Clempson & two patsies

I would take OSU by 2 scores over the Tigers.

To me it is them and Bama and then everyone else.

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I would take OSU by 2 scores over the Tigers.

To me it is them and Bama and then everyone else.

Well I'll cover whatever you want to put up...  OSU seems weak to my eyes....   Generally agree, Bama looks like the class leader

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Kop, I know you love the PAC, but what the hell are you drinking right now?

PAC has 3 teams ranked.

3 teams ranked in associated press, but 5 in the coaches poll...

TOP 25 TEAMS, WEEK 8

0 11 1 5/11
11 Oregon 5-1 927 0 17 6 11/NR

14 Washington 5-2 682 0 7 -7 6/14

23 Washington State 5-1 211 0 NR 3 23/NR
24 Stanford 4-2 147 0 24 7/24
25 Colorado 5-1 141 0 18 -7 18/NR

*Hi/Low Rankings

19 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Except it’s not...

AP poll/ Coaches poll, tomatoes/ potatoes, I say, when I can't find another reason how I did that... 

Well, I see I should have stuck this in the coaches poll thread...

Edited by kopp0e

27 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

3 teams ranked in associated press, but 5 in the coaches poll...

TOP 25 TEAMS, WEEK 8

0 11 1 5/11
11 Oregon 5-1 927 0 17 6 11/NR

14 Washington 5-2 682 0 7 -7 6/14

23 Washington State 5-1 211 0 NR 3 23/NR
24 Stanford 4-2 147 0 24 7/24
25 Colorado 5-1 141 0 18 -7 18/NR

*Hi/Low Rankings

AP poll/ Coaches poll, tomatoes/ potatoes, I say, when I can't find another reason how I did that... 

Well, I see I should have stuck this in the coaches poll thread...

You realize this thread is about the AP poll.  I mean, it says it in the title and all...

Edited by utee94
  • Haha 1

I’ll never understand why some of you seek validation from aggy so much. Hopefully, you are getting a check for all the space they occupy in your head. WGAS? Could not care less what their fanbase thinks. Clutch the pearls, they think we’re overrated! Well, we are. Still doesn’t change the fact that we’ve earned the right to be in the conversation. They only won this shitty conference once in an upset before they bolted to greener pastures where they still can’t win shit. They have no relevance in the long standing history of college football and it’s a waste of time to even acknowledge them.

Validation from aggy? Wat?

You wish, aggy boy.

all the interest in aggy is for de lulz which are vast.

Ps you forgot the "Obsession noted" tag.

WHOOP!, eh?

Question is, what happens with us in a bye week next week?  Are we going to get penalized and end up dropping if there's a lot of shakeups?
If aggy can get in on the strength of beating directional schools and an overrated basketball school, we shouldn't drop...maybe rise if a few above and just below falter.

I want to see the Sec play solid teams in their bowl games, would love to see Texas matchup with them in whatever bowl that might be. I say that because the SEC shuffles around their teams for favorable matchups.
The only two teams that made sense to put up against us last year was aggy and Mizzery..

Of course they don't want aggy losing to us so they sent their most prolific offense to challenge our D. Lulz..

8 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, deft said:
Question is, what happens with us in a bye week next week?  Are we going to get penalized and end up dropping if there's a lot of shakeups?

If aggy can get in on the strength of beating directional schools and an overrated basketball school, we shouldn't drop...maybe rise if a few above and just below falter.

I don't see us moving much either direction.  If we somehow win out, the number one thing is that Notre Dame has to lose.   Imo, they lose to SC. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Everyone is overrated after they lose.  The only argument that can be made is they don’t have an impressive win like Texas does over OU who (guess what?) was overrated. 

Georgia hasn’t beaten anyone worth a shit. And we’ve won 6 in a row, including 3 wins over ranked teams. Fuck Georgia and fuck the fake-ass SEC. 

• Like 1