Burnt Orange Nation responding to Mack Brown

Izhmash

6 hours ago, pacman said:

I understand his logic, playing well every week and concern over Sam's shoulder. You would think he would have some allegiance though.

He of all people should have said something to the affect, "I'm not 100% sold on Texas until I see them win every week, Sam's injured and I really like OU's personnel, BUT I have to defer to Head to  Head and Texas gets the edge until they prove me wrong".

How fucking hard is that to say you fucking asshole MB?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Being petulant is one thing.  Undermining his successors and Texas Football is something else entirely.

Mack was always about Mack, first and foremost. He will never get over being justly fired for stealing from us. He thought he was bigger than Darrell K. Royal and bigger than Texas Football. 

He still thinks it was his right to stay here until he wanted to leave, no matter how much damage that did to the program. It was Mack Brown-Texas Football, after all. And who are we non-football coach $200 donors to question him anyway?

He will NEVER get over it. 

mack-brown-middle-finger1.jpeg?w=1000&h=

• Like 2

nothing to do with mack, but sentences like this piss me off to no end:

And if the Longhorns win out and win the Big 12 championship game, it’s possible they’ll be in the conversation for one of the four College Football Playoff spots.

no.  this is not the correct way to write a sentence. 

"if the longhorns win out and win the b12 cg, it's possible they'll be in the playoffs."  that's how that sentence should go.  

right now, they're in the conversation for one of the playoff spots, along with 8 other teams.  you don't need to write "it's possible" and also write "in the conversation for".  one or the other will do.

it's basically the same as people who say, "arguably" and "one of the best" in the same sentence.  caden stearns is arguably one of the best defensive freshmen in the country.  either he's arguably the best, or he's one of the best.  the two mean the same thing.

he was better off just including tweets.

8 hours ago, pacman said:

I understand his logic, playing well every week and concern over Sam's shoulder. You would think he would have some allegiance though.

Did he stop cashing checks I guess as UT football ambassador to Afghanistan?

He certainly appears to resent Herman’s success. Since he is not relevant no one else can be.

Wow , what  sour grapes. He is FCB in coach pants on a meaningless show on a declining network.

Gooner scared FUPM all the time.

The only thing he wasn’t scared of during football season while HC was Steiner Ranch Golf Course , his UT football office. 

Its from there he phoned in the game plan and made bad  recruiting decisions while cashing Belmont checks.

Edited by El Squared

Who gives a shit, according to everyone and espn ect predictions he’s right...  Y’all do realize what everyone here was saying after Tulsa...  I hope we win out and get to the playoff more then anyone and think it’s possible but also not likely, what percent are we now with Espn?.   So to call him out on a realistic pick on nation tv and to not play the hommer pick is kind bush league.  He’s not a Longhorn cause he’s a realist, get the fuck out of here.  

Edited by Hook1997

8 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

Goddamn fupm sure has a lot of socks on surly.

Fuck you fupm and your socks.

Yes we are socks becoause we don’t hate a coach that took us to two national championship and what should of been three.....  after the last few years..   His prediction isn’t off anyone else’s but y’all feel he should play the homer card??   I want it all!!  But come on ppl the chances are he’s right so I don’t get the hate for this.  If it was another old coach in his position picking his team in this position y’all would be calling him a homer.   I hope he’s wrong also but come on guys it’s not like he’s betting against us with the odds

Edited by Hook1997
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Yes we are socks becoause we don’t hate a coach that took us to two national championship and what should of been three.....  after the last few years..   His prediction isn’t off anyone else’s but y’all feel he should play the homer card??   I want it all!!  But come on ppl the chances are he’s right so I don’t get the hate for this.  If it was another old coach in his position picking his team in this position y’all would be calling him a homer.   I hope he’s wrong also but come on guys it’s not like he’s betting against us with the odds

Mack, is that you? 1997? Isn’t that the year we hired you, Mack? Hmmmm...

Not sure what it was in my opinion on this post that was worth a neg rep, not sure, but thanks @Tex Pete.  Damn some of y’all hate Mack who had our best ten year span ever with a vingance...   Late years or not some of y’all are ungrateful fuckers.  I agree with the late years but good lord how many teams have won ten games for ten years ever?  Chill dude.  I’m sure you or the other coach you wanted during that time could of done better...  After the years after him how are you complaining about him now...  

Edited by Hook1997

25 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Uh, DKR 1961-70 might have a little something to say about that.

Ahh 5 of those seasons were not 10 win seasons also 4 seasons with 3 plus losses........      I understand different times but, yea..   I was talking total wins wise 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Fuck You 1

FUCK YOU on total wins, especially when you get ass-raped several times by ousux in those same 10 years. Then you get lazy and let the program burn to the ground, leaving us in the fucking desert for 9 years.

DKR had 3 national championships in his 10 years. So yeah, I would consider DKR a helluva better coach than fypm bitch ass brown.

8 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Ahh 5 of those seasons were not 10 win seasons also 4 seasons with 3 plus losses........      I understand different times but, yea..   I was talking total wins wise 

Fuck off, Mack. Y’all played more games each year while you were coaching than they did in DKR’s days. We’re not renaming the stadium after you. It also isn’t really Mack Brown-Texas Football. 

I was a Longhorn long before you were and I’ll be one long after you’re tits up. 

1 minute ago, Lone Star Horn said:

FUCK YOU on total wins, especially when you get ass-raped several times by ousux in those same 10 years. Then you get lazy and let the program burn to the ground, leaving us in the fucking desert for 9 years.

DKR had 3 national championships in his 10 years. So yeah, I would consider DKR a helluva better coach than fypm bitch ass brown.

I was just quoting on the 10 years and 10 wins a year, would we not all like that now?  Also past 4 years can we stop blaming one coach? Or After that it’s still his fault huh?

I wonder if any other teams fans would hate a coach that took them to 2 national title games and almost three would hate that coach as much as y’all do???   I doubt it....   I’m not standing up for what he did at the end I’m just appreciating what he did from start to that time and y’all evidently can’t do that

Edited by Hook1997

We can all appreciate what he did with going to the national championship games, but he fucked his own legacy by burning the program to the ground (being fucking lazy on the recruiting trail/mailing it in) before we fired him. Especially with his bitch ass telling recruits that he would help them look elsewhere, when he knew his time was up.

Edited by Lone Star Horn
spelling

33 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Do you remember how many games were played in a season in the 1960s vs the 1990s and 2000s?

• Like 1

Another thought/question I had about Mack.

I'm trying to remember, but wasn't it widely rumored to be announcing his retirement at some banquet or dinner or something before Satan signed his extension, and then he did not announce it and Satan signed his extension in the next few days?   Then some time after that Mack went ahead and made the announcement.

If, and that's a big if that I am remembering it right, it seems to me he deliberately delayed his retirement to possibly prevent Texas from hiring him.

Of course all of this is predicated on the rumors being true about having been in contact with Saban about the job and him being interested etc. etc.   Of course the whole truth will probably never be known.

Edited by SHOOTER12

11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

You understand they only played 11 games back in those days too. It was a hell of a lot easier to win 10 games per season in Mack's day than DKR's. (We also won three national championships, which is one more than Mack had conference championships in his entire time at Texas.)

Mack got those last three years because he dumped his best buddy into the shit. Neither of them had much success without each other. Mack lied his way into the three years and lied his way through them, and never did find Colt Young again. We coulda been spared that, maybe, if Boom had the balls to quit when he didn't get Holgor to replace GDGD, but Boom made the mistake of believing Mack when he offered Bryan Harsin complete autonomy over the Offense, and stayed, only to have Mack assign The Maj™ to ride on Harsin's back. 

Maybe, because Boom hasn't showed a hell of a lot in his HC toils... maybe things woulda been different here, but maybe not. Maybe fuck myself?

No, wait, I remember - Fuck Mack Brown.

Eat me fupm.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Hey Mack, let me give you an analogy.  You have a great marriage for 10 yrs.  Just a really great marriage. Then your wife develops a meth habit the last 4 yrs of the marriage, drains your bank accounts, fucks your credit and you catch her banging her meth dealer in your bed.  Would you still look fondly upon your ex wife?  

Whatever happened to that thread?

Mack got those last three years because he dumped his best buddy into the shit. Neither of them had much success without each other. Mack lied his way into the three years and lied his way through them, and never did find Colt Young again. We coulda been spared that, maybe, if Boom had the balls to quit when he didn't get Holgor to replace GDGD, but Boom made the mistake of believing Mack when he offered Bryan Harsin complete autonomy over the Offense, and stayed, only to have Mack assign The Maj to ride on Harsin's back. 
Maybe, because Boom hasn't showed a hell of a lot in his HC toils... maybe things woulda been different here, but maybe not. Maybe fuck myself?
No, wait, I remember - Fuck Mack Brown.

Coach Boom accepted the Florida job several days after GDGD was fired. Not sure what you’re talking about