Mail bombs CR thread

Zavala

Just now, AtticusFinch said:

This is stupid.  Do you realize how much disgusting and negative shit is out there on twitter, facebook, etc.  People with millions of followers call for killing the president and attacking people in his administration.   You cant curb speech because someone crazy might act on it.  

Private corporations can absolutely curb speech.

This is stupid.  Do you realize how much disgusting and negative shit is out there on twitter, facebook, etc.  People with millions of followers call for killing the president and attacking people in his administration.   You cant curb speech because someone crazy might act on it.  

Now "people on facebook" are equivalent to the president of the USA.  OK.

• Like 1

Wait a minute. I eat tofu once in a while, but I eat red meat too (lots of it, in fact). I've been in a few fights, but I don't call people Nazis (unless they are Nazis, that is). I'm so conflicted! Can you help me out tj - am I a Soy Boy or not???? I need to know!!!!!

1 minute ago, AtticusFinch said:

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but who are these people with millions of followers who call for killing the president?  Or physically attacking people in his administration?  Or anyone with any power whatsoever calling for physical harm to be placed on anyone other than by the most powerful man in the world?   And opposing Trump is not the same as calling for physical attacks.

3 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

Link?

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

They both use rhetoric the same way.  You're getting bent because you like Trump's rhetoric and hate ISIS', but the content isn't even relevant.  Its the incitement to act that is nearly identical between the two.

And don't call me Jesus.

I actually hate Trump's rhetoric.   I wish he would quit the shit but I think it's also blown out of proportion.   I mean its overanalyzed day after day 24/7. 

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Rush is going off on how the stickers aren't worn down and how this twitter account only started in 2016.

And now this is CNN's fault and Trump is just reacting to them.

TFW this guy was arrested previously for threatening to bomb someone. Def a false flag lmao

3 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

Who?

What do random people that aren't leaders have to do with the President of the United States calling for violence? 

Let's try this again.  You're on a high school football team.  Is there a difference between your coach telling you to gouge opponents' eyes and the 3rd string waterboy telling you to gouge opponents' eyes?

I actually hate Trump's rhetoric.   I wish he would quit the shit but I think it's also blown out of proportion.   I mean its overanalyzed day after day 24/7. 

You advocate the normalization of his abhorrent behavior. Some of us don’t.

I see what you did there.  Also, you're really saying it's blown out of proportion the day someone's arrested for sending bombs to the very people he spewed hateful rhetoric about?  JFC, you're an idiot.

• Like 1

"But the bottom line is that Americans must unify, and we must show the world that we are united together in peace and love and harmony as fellow American citizens," Trump said at the White House. "There is no country like our country, and every day we are showing the world just how truly great we are."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

What do random people that aren't leaders have to do with the President of the United States calling for violence? 

Let's try this again.  You're on a high school football team.  Is there a difference between your coach telling you to gouge opponents' eyes and the 3rd string waterboy telling you to gouge opponents' eyes?

Did Trump call for rounding up and executing the press?  I missed that I guess

2 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

The rhetoric is why shit like this happens.  He can be the same asshole, give a speech like an actual leader that has to lead the entire nation, and stay the fuck off twitter.  But he doesn't.  W probably did more damage to liberal causes than Trump has, but W never got on stage and told "libs" to suck it while inciting his fans to commit violent acts.  Instead, he got on stage and tried to soften the blow to "libs."  You know, like an actual leader.

4 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Horrible analogy.  Move waterboy to an assistant coach and it MAY make more sense but it is still horribly flawed analogy. 

Random twitter handles aren't even close to being the leaders that assistant coaches are.  I was being generous equating them to a 3rd string waterboy.  In actuality, they aren't even close to the team.  The overarching point is that the coach IS the leader, and you're far more likely to listen to him than anyone else.

Edited by FondrenRoad

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Random twitter handles aren't even close to being the leaders that assistant coaches are.  I was being generous equating them to a 3rd string waterboy.  In actuality, they aren't even close to the team.  The overarching point is that the coach IS the leader, and you're far more likely to listen to him than anyone else.

Yeah, it's more like Bob Stoops versus that crazy OU t-shirt fan that tore that guy's nut sack.

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

And you know what decent people do when their coach instructs them to gouge out their opponents' eyes?  They don't say "Fuck yeah, let's gouge out their eyes!!!!!!!!:"  GOUGE OUT EYES!!!! GOUGE OUT EYES!!!!!  

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

"But the bottom line is that Americans must unify, and we must show the world that we are united together in peace and love and harmony as fellow American citizens," Trump said at the White House. "There is no country like our country, and every day we are showing the world just how truly great we are."

Stupid site won't let me add any more rep, but fan-fucking-tastic.  Well done.

11 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

It’s almost like people pay attention to things the most powerful person in the world says. Weird.

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

And you know what decent people do when their coach instructs them to gouge out their opponents' eyes?  They don't say "Fuck yeah, let's gouge out their eyes!!!!!!!!:"  GOUGE OUT EYES!!!! GOUGE OUT EYES!!!!!  

They don't, and most of them won't gouge any eyes. Some of them will even say coach went a little too far when he said that.  But there's that one crazy kid who will go out there and gouge eyes just because coach said to do it.

And that's why leaders can't get up on stage and incite violence and act shocked when it happens.  Somebody is going to deliver when you ask a few million people to do something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

I dont understand. Why cant Trumpkins just admit he is wrong. That all of his stupid hate mongering is wrong. Bush didn't do it. Bush Sr. didnt either. Neither did Reagan. Heck, I dont think Nixon did it either. And so on for the history of the Republic. So why can't Trumplicans just say "this is wrong. he needs to stop. he is partially to blame and it is unacceptable, reckless, and irresponsible for a US President to do this." no whataboutisms. no russian chaos tactics. no both sides. no but anything. just accept that your guy is wrong, call him out on it, require and demand that he stop doing it, and we as a nation can all move forward. its really that simple. why cant y'all just do that for the sake of Country?

Cult

• Like 4

Just now, Longhorn94 said:

I dont understand. Why cant Trumpkins just admit he is wrong. That all of his stupid hate mongering is wrong. Bush didn't do it. Bush Sr. didnt either. Neither did Reagan. Heck, I dont think Nixon did it either. And so on for the history of the Republic. So why can't Trumplicans just say "this is wrong. he needs to stop. he is partially to blame and it is unacceptable, reckless, and irresponsible for a US President to do this." no whataboutisms. no russian chaos tactics. no both sides. no but anything. just accept that your guy is wrong, call him out on it, require and demand that he stop doing it, and we as a nation can all move forward. its really that simple. why cant y'all just do that for the sake of Country?

Because if they admit they are wrong about this one thing, they have to admit they are wrong about all the other bullshit that they have been peddling for two fucking years

12 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

Did Trump call for rounding up and executing the press?  I missed that I guess

Called them an enemy of the people and seems oddly OK with what Saudi Arabia did.

Do you now see the connection between calling someone an "enemy of the people" and some deranged lunatic taking that too far?

• Like 1

This stupid argument about whether Trump gave direct orders for a hit is asinine.  Influence does not work that way.  Overton window doesn't work that way.  Good lord.  He is labeling different people / entities as enemies of the country and just letting the (60,000,000 different) chips fall from that where they may.  I literally refuse to believe people cannot see the connection between Trump's acts and what happens. 

"Hey hey hey hey.  Trump didn't literally say mail pipe bombs.  He just said "CNN is fake news," "fake news is the enemy", had people screaming at Acosta right in front of him with his tacit approval, promoted an offensive tone with 'I'd like to punch him in the face' and warning of potential violent attacks from Antifa, praising the ND congressman that assaulted the newsreporter in an ever-increasingly hostile environment, where he sees literal Nazis marching in Charlottesville under his presidency.  How could he possibly have anticipated anyone taking it even one step farther than what he explicitly authorized.  IT WAS TOTALLY UNFORESEEABLE!"

• Like 3

Great job by law enforcement to get him so quick.

If it is like the other terrorism situations the FBI/LE will attempt quickly to see if he had help.  Need to be sure he wasn't in an active group creating all those devices, his family will be checked for certain.    If he had the money to buy the van he wasn't destitute.  Fortunate that none went off.  Dude threw away his remaining life.

40 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Wait a minute. He has Cherokee blood?  Holy shit! He is related to Elizabeth Warren.

I hardly ever respond on this board, but I can’t let this go.  This situation is too tragic, too much of an example of where the current political mindless rhetoric has taken us to pop off with a stupid nonsensical joke.  Fuck you!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Called them an enemy of the people and seems oddly OK with what Saudi Arabia did.

Do you now see the connection between calling someone an "enemy of the people" and some deranged lunatic taking that too far?

No dude.  The homeless dude on the corner threatens people all the time.  He and Trump have the same influence.  Free speech and stuff.

Just now, ruitxn said:

I hardly ever respond on this board, but I can’t let this go.  This situation is too tragic, too much of an example of where the current political mindless rhetoric has taken us to pop off with a stupid nonsensical joke.  Fuck you!

You sure sound like a soy-boy cuck-fuck /tjhooker

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

Because they'd rather see their group win, even if it means individually they do worse.

This applies to race relations as well, vis a vis white people voting against their own personal interests. It's a big reason why our social safety net isn't as generous as other western democracies.