Caravan

gsoda3

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yet another thread that has been turned into an abortion because people won't stop feeding the trolls.

They have voiced support for Donald Trump, which by definition means that they are incapable of understanding actual issues. That's all it really comes down to: a rather shocking example of an en masse Dunning Kruger Effect

Edited by hpslugga

On 12/18/2018 at 7:23 PM, Bama Chick said:

l

Bitch, all they see is brown skin.

*correction, all YOU see is brown skin

things like economic cost, damage to the working class of Americans and border security don't have any value to you

All you see is your racism, Brown skin - your words and posting history

don't breath through your mouth

• Like 2

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-cops-frustrated-with-sanctuary-laws-stopping-them-from-working-with-ice-over-twice-deported-criminal

California cops ‘frustrated’ with sanctuary laws stopping them from working with ICE over twice-deported criminal

The comments from Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux come following the death of Gustavo Garcia, a 36-year-old who police say embarked on a 'reign of terror' robbing a convenience store, shooting and killing a person and firing at buildings before crashing a truck that he had stolen. The day-long crime spree that began Sunday in the Fresno area also left five injured, including one critical, and Lindsay Police suspect Garcia was involved in an additional murder there.

During the chase Monday that ended in the crash that left Garcia dead, he drove the wrong way at speeds of up to 100 mph and hit four other cars – something that he appeared to have done on purpose, police said.

“We are very frustrated with the fact that the way the laws are set up currently that law enforcement hands are tied,” Boudreaux said Wednesday, noting that in years past, Garcia – who had been in police custody shortly before the rampage -- would have been handed over to ICE in cooperation with them.

Sheriffs, victims and their families.  All blinded by brown skin racism......

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

That’s a huge victory and a good sign that Trump can work with AMLO and the Mexican government. The EU and Turkey agreed to something similar after the disaster of a million Muslim migrants entering Germany in the span of a few months. This should satisfy everyone except for the immigration militants. They get their asylum cases heard while staying in Mexico while not draining the resources of our country.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

That will mean an increase in illegal border crossings. Once they are in the U.S., they have constitutional rights.

Getting caught illegally crossing in the border to the US would hurt them with their asylum cases you’d think. Seriously, this is a huge win for the American people and our President. The asylum applicants are getting due process on their claim but have to wait in Mexico a country that speaks the same language and is cheaper for them to live in while waiting for their court date. Thousands wait in their home countries for years to get a green card to come to the US and do it the right way - legally. That’s the part of this whole thing that pissed me off about the caravan and the hayden’s who advocate letting them all in. They get to jump ahead of the line fucking the immigrant trying to do it the right way. I’m glad that that is being addressed with this change.

• Like 2

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Getting caught illegally crossing in the border to the US would hurt them with their asylum cases you’d think. Seriously, this is a huge win for the American people and our President. The asylum applicants are getting due process on their claim but have to wait in Mexico a country that speaks the same language and is cheaper for them to live in while waiting for their court date. Thousands wait in their home countries for years to get a green card to come to the US and do it the right way - legally. That’s the part of this whole thing that pissed me off about the caravan and the hayden’s who advocate letting them all in. They get to jump ahead of the line fucking the immigrant trying to do it the right way. I’m glad that that is being addressed with this change.

It will be counterproductive and end up encouraging illegal border crossings. Then you still have every right to make a claim of asylum and remain in the U.S.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It will be counterproductive and end up encouraging illegal border crossings. Then you still have every right to make a claim of asylum and remain in the U.S.

That’s not going to stop him from playing Make Believe and Pretend.

Our housekeeper is from El Salvador and our handyman is from Vietnam. You would not believe what they both went through to get here -- the stories are too long. Our housekeeper R has scrimped and saved and now has her daughter in Carnegie Vanguard, Houston's top public school. Our handyman joined the US Army after he came over here. Both of them said it's fine if Trump deported criminals from their countries, and I agree. I think there is a lot of hysteria on this issue being drummed up by both sides -- the R's want us to think we are being pillaged by invaders and the D's want us to think we are crucifying innocent children. As for me, I think we should be prosecuting the people who hire illegals, if we are going to even pretend to care about who comes across our southern border. What galls me most is the hypocrisy on this issue. If you don't want Central Americans to come here, stop hiring them, and don't bitch when everything costs a whole lot more when you don't have a cheap labor pool to exploit. 

• Like 2

I still can’t fathom bringing my kids on a journey like this, knowing the likely outcome.  Boggles my mind. I lived in Mexico for about 18 months of my adult life, and it is a shithole. Charming, but a shithole filled with crime, corruption, and mass poverty . But still a better situation than most of Central America.  If I’m dragging my kids around, I’m stopping there until the US border situation gets figured out.  Guess the problem there is, Mexicans don’t want them either.  

15 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Need wall. Give me wall! 

I'm glad that clip was only a few seconds and didn't include the bewildering inanities that both preceded and followed it. I really don't know what's more tragic: that buffoons like this exist, or that they have people as gullible as they who not only follow said buffoons, but actively cheer them on. This is moral barrenness at its most extreme.

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

No. We have a situation where one person, i.e. you, is absolutely wrong about absolutely everything regarding this topic.

What is the root of your wanting to build a wall? I imagine it's that of the rest of the useless idiots who support it, which is to "keep illegals from crossing into our country." You are either too proud, too ignorant, or a combination of those factors not to notice the ghastly amounts of space in the holes of such logic:

1) Again, a gigantic proportion of illegal immigration is done via overstaying legally obtained visas by people who entered the country legally. A wall cannot stop that.

2) The conditions that we created in those Central American countries (and Mexico, mostly through the hideous effects of the Drug War, NAFTA, and other policies that we've undertaken) cannot be undone by the creation of such a wall, thus it will not mitigate the primary incentive they have to come here, which is to escape the hideous conditions that we've largely imposed on them. You do not support foreign policies that would mitigate said hideous conditions. You do not support the idea that we stop supporting thugs like Hernandez, and you do not support complying with the 1986 Nicaragua v. United States verdict, which specifically mandates "the United States of America is under an obligation to make reparation to the Republic of Nicaragua for all injury caused to Nicaragua by the breaches of obligations under customary international law enumerated above," much less do you support doing the same to those other countries which we violated so much worse that they feared the very idea of taking the matter to the ICJ the way Nicaragua did very bravely.

3) I've never seen you specifically deriding all the business owners/corporations who hire people they know are illegal and pay them dogshit wages for it. That is another incentive for them to come here, and I can't help but think the reason I see very few right wingers clamoring about this is because doing so comes into conflict with their dogmatic worship of their version of "capitalism," which in this case means that they would all admittedly have to go to greater expense to only hire citizens, which means they'd be obliged to comply with minimum wage laws and standards. It's quite true that these business owners do not love illegal immigration per se, but they definitely appreciate that they can cut expenditures as a result of it. There's a reason that produce growers in Georgia absolutely hated H.B. 87-it severely damaged their businesses.

4) I've never seen you specifically decry the Drug War for the abject fraud that it is, which also encourages the type of activity associated with the cartels. Our drug policy encourages the very existence of black markets both here and abroad (since we're the number 1 customer), and a wall can and will never stop them from delivering drugs to the other side. I'm sure you've already seen the videos where, in order to combat the Fence, drug smugglers simply built ramps to drive trucks over it and they also used those canons that mascots use at sporting events to shoot fucking t-shirts. Seriously, that's how "creative" they had to be to circumvent the Fence. Why do you think "the Wall" would yield that much of a different outcome? Are you really that comatose?

5) Of all the ills that face our society, this one is so low on the totem pole that to even fathom funding a symbolic and stupid $25 billion project to "cure it" requires a massive head injury. That's the common moral and intellectual failing of right-wingers like yourself: you don't think things through, and you bemoan societal ills (real or imagined), and then you blame them on absolutely everything except what's real. It's not about the fact that the Nixon Administration dismantled the Bretton Woods system and financialized the economy, it's not about the fact that Trickle Down Economics is a complete lie that relies on the power of pretend to believe in it, it's not about the fact that corporations are greedy by their very nature and that they buy politicians/elections in order to receive the exact favors that they want, and it's not about the horrific nature of our regressive tax system; to people like you, it has to do with blacks, gays, immigrants, atheists, liberals, environmentalists, feminists, the Federal Reserve, the IRS, the Illuminati, the York Rite and all that other shit.

6) There simply are no benefits to you or any of us from the construction and maintenance of the wall. Period. The only "benefits" people like you get rooted immediately back to your circular reasonings that support assumed conclusions, your feelings, your emotions, your sentiments, your petty angers, and your petty frustrations. Nothing about the wall objectively helps you or anyone else. Why else do you think Trump is behaving so childishly about shutting down the government over this at this very moment? It's really simple: the Democrats took back the House of Representatives, and he knows full well that he won't have the votes to get this pushed through after 1/20/2019. Since The Wall was THE cornerstone of his candidacy, and since his presidency has been an abject disaster (especially for the vast preponderance of people who voted for him), he has to be able to begin construction of this idiotic monstrosity in order to at least have something to run on in 2020. If he shows up in election season of 2020 without a wall, he shows up with nothing to show for at all, and will almost certainly be a 1-term president. He doesn't give a shit about you, he doesn't give a shit about me, he doesn't give a shit about anyone here, and he most certainly does not care about common working men and women. He only gives a shit about him and his immediate family, and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll realize what a ridiculous conversation this really is. Those statements I just made are objectively verifiable facts, and I seriously cannot believe in 2018 that we're "debating" whether or not to build a fucking wall on our Southern border. This has to be a charade. 

What I was referencing was that it was amazing he raised 12 million in four days. Sure, building a wall is not going to be a cure all for our immigration crisis, but it will help. Especially with Mexico stepping up to the plate and ensuring that asylum seekers will remain in Mexico for the duration of their process, we need to remove any incentive to breach our border. I would rather us focus on technological solutions (i.e. drones) and hiring more border agents, as they’re simply overwhelmed and have one hand tied behind their back most of the time. But, at this moment, most of us will settle for anything. 

Ok, well I’m off to Santa’s Wonderland (please kill me now god), so I may not be able to respond until a later date. 

Edited by Chrispy

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

What I was referencing was that it was amazing he raised 12 million in four days. Sure, building a wall is not going to be a cure all for our immigration crisis, but it will help. Especially with Mexico stepping up to the plate and ensuring that asylum seekers will remain in Mexico for the duration of their process, we need to remove any incentive to breach our border. I would rather us focus on technological solutions (i.e. drones) and hiring more border agents, as they’re simply overwhelmed and have one hand tied behind their back most of the time. But, at this moment, most of us will settle for anything. 

Ok, well I’m off to Santa’s Wonderland (please kill me now god), so I may not be able to respond until a later date. 

I hate to tell you this, but the asylum seekers aren't going to remain in Mexico for the duration of their process. They now have even more incentive to cross the border.

8 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Did God strike you down for visiting the “woodlands” Santa’s wonderland?

i must admit you picked the right suburb to pretend to live in. Well done. And if you do actually live there, which I doubt, there is a zero percent chance you’re not aggy.

What type of troll is chrispy troll? The world may never know. 

11 hours ago, Chrispy said:

This veteran has raised 12 million dollars for a border wall, pretty amazing stuff. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/nation/2018/12/20/triple-amputee-military-vet-raises-million-trumps-border-wall-four-days/

Yes, it's quite amazing how fucking stupid Republicans have become. 

Also: 

9 hours ago, Chrispy said:

My God at least read the fucking post before you respond. What the actual hell is wrong with your brain? You want us to piss away billions for a symbol that accomplishes nothing. How fucking stupid are you? 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Did God strike you down for visiting the “woodlands” Santa’s wonderland?

i must admit you picked the right suburb to pretend to live in. Well done. And if you do actually live there, which I doubt, there is a zero percent chance you’re not aggy.

What type of troll is chrispy troll? The world may never know. 

Santa’s Wonderland is off of highway 6, near College Station, not The Woodlands. Got the kids down late, so tomorrow is going to suck shit through a straw. Maybe he’ll strike me down then... 

30 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

My God at least read the fucking post before you respond. What the actual hell is wrong with your brain? You want us to piss away billions for a symbol that accomplishes nothing. How fucking stupid are you? 

Oh, I read some of it, but all of the insults made most of it unreadable. I don’t think the wall will accomplish nothing, that’s kind of the disagreement. 

• Like 1